Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ravens are not afraid to search all rosters, that's why they are successful

The Ravens are not afraid to search a roster, big colleges or small colleges, they were willing to take Adrian Hamilton. Christian Thompson, Joe Flacco, Gino Gradkowski, I mean small schoolers that can play. That is why you have to give our scouts a round of applause.

Well check out this list, their scouts were present today at the Arkansas Pine Bluff pro day, maybe looking at Terron Armstead, but look at this list, pretty cool. You can see the small schoolers coming out with interviews of the players too.

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/d...013-nfl-draft/

Re: Ravens are not afraid to search all rosters, that's why they are successful

Armstead REALLY intrigues me. No doubt our scouts were there to see him; he's rising fast.

Blog Entries

Armstead is one of those guys thats worth a chance but probably not as high as hes going to go. This guy has him listed as a 2nd. Im not sure where you feel safe taking a project LT, but I think its lower than that.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Thing is, if this guy was 2/3 inch taller, and had arms that were 1/2 inch longer, he'd be in the conversation for being a top 20 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Armstead is one of those guys thats worth a chance but probably not as high as hes going to go. This guy has him listed as a 2nd. Im not sure where you feel safe taking a project LT, but I think its lower than that.
    Considering this draft class is deep at LT prospects, if another team nabs Armstead before we do, I think we'll still be able to draft someone to groom. There is a strong possibility that Armstead gets drafted too high because of his potential.

Blog Entries

Every team looks at small schools. It's not like the Ravens are doing something different than others.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Every team looks at small schools. It's not like the Ravens are doing something different than others.
    Difference is, the Ravens unlike most teams, are not afraid to invest into small school and unknown talent. I mean, what teams has ever had a Delaware center snapping the ball to a Delaware QB in the NFL?

The Ravens clearly favor the ACC and SEC conferences, but a large portion of this team is made up by former college FCS players.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Considering this draft class is deep at LT prospects, if another team nabs Armstead before we do, I think we'll still be able to draft someone to groom. There is a strong possibility that Armstead gets drafted too high because of his potential.
    Id prefer teams to take the gambles and leave us with the more polished prospects, but with our coaching i think we can actually get the best from some that others wont. so really i guess im fine either way id just rather not spend a 2nd on a project, unless mckinnie or another starting caliber LT not named Oher is on the team.
    -JAB

I feel comfortable with whichever developmental LT we take due to our coaching and the acquisition of Juan Castillo. Armstead,Watson,Faulk, quessenberry, bahtkiari. I'd be happy with any of those guys given the right value

I'd take armstead at 32. Huge untapped potential and upside. I think he's going to be a great left tackle for a long time

And he's a ravens fan. Get in there

Blog Entries

He said that? I'M SOLD! lol