Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

From what I've read, KC wants to kick him inside b/c he's a miserable run blocker.
    His pass blocking? Albert is a top 10 pass blocker among the LT position.
    Where did you read that?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Chiefs sign Bowe to 5 yr deal and tag Albert

From what I've read, KC wants to kick him inside b/c he's a miserable run blocker.
    His pass blocking? Albert is a top 10 pass blocker among the LT position.

Chiefs | Branden Albert not interested in changing positions
    Mon, 04 Mar 2013 14:43:28 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs franchise free-agent OT Branden Albert said he will play left tackle next season and is not interested in moving to another position.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2McU1mFJ0

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Again, don't expect Jake Long in purple. He wants 11 M a year.
    Yea, Ozzie is going to do what Ozzie does best. He will spend wisely, have a solid plan for a LT, sign a cheap backup center, and turn his attention to making the defense faster and stronger up the middle. Less expensive then Long.
    Trust in Ozzie. He is the best.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

Chiefs | Branden Albert not interested in changing positions
    Mon, 04 Mar 2013 14:43:28 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs franchise free-agent OT Branden Albert said he will play left tackle next season and is not interested in moving to another position.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2McU1mFJ0
    That's what I have read. Considering they're paying him OT franchise tag money, I think they will leave him at OT.

I also heard an interview of his where he said that he has no interest to play another position.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Where did you read that?

I misrepresented. But it's what I've read from the KC media monkeys that have floated the notion for the past two seasons now: kicking Albert inside. For the present, it seems that once Smith was acquired, some in that town think that now is a good time to make it happen with Joker sitting there for the first pick. This notion has also been paired with the idea of paying Albert less at G than he would demand at T, and putting the savings onto Bowe's tag number, or let Bowe walk and put the savings into Jennings or Wallace. Although, once they let Breaston go, I think Bowe was pretty much a lock to stay onboard via tag or new deal.

Back to Albert, I think he has no doubt heard or read enough of the Guard vs. Tackle sentiment as well. I think that's why he chose to get the "not interested in moving" comment on the record back in January.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 03-04-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    So how does this impact the #1 draft pick. I believe Albert plays the right side correct? I ask because there were talks about KC being interested in Joeckel.
    That's the interesting thing. Albert has played on both sides but he's better on the left. They brought in in Eric Winston, who blew off his Ravens interview, last year for the right.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's the interesting thing. Albert has played on both sides but he's better on the left. They brought in in Eric Winston, who blew off his Ravens interview, last year for the right.
    I had forgotten about that.
    Hmmm...no ring for you, Eric Winston.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

I had forgotten about that.
    Hmmm...no ring for you, Eric Winston.
    That dumb ass.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That dumb ass.
    Yup. He could have won a Super Bowl. instead he's on the worst team in the NFL. Talk about a bad decision.

Yup. He could have won a Super Bowl. instead he's on the worst team in the NFL. Talk about a bad decision.
    Arguably, if they had brought in Winston then Oher might have stayed on the left and McKinney might have even been cut and all sorts of shit would have happened different.

Blog Entries

Yep, left to defend Matt Cassel against fans booing/cheering as Cassel got hurt.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Meanwhile they give Dustin Colquitt (their punter) 5/$18.75m ($8.9m guaranteed), highest paid punter in the NFL (5th para).

Well, I guess he is going to be busy next season...
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"