Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Free Agent Possible Add / Drops

No way the Rams trade Saffold.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    How do you think he will do at RT?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    How do you think he will do at RT?
    Probably pretty well. I was somewhat high on Saffold in that draft.

iggyman555 Guest

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 16m

Chiefs are seeking a second-round pick in this year's draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for franchise OT Branden Albert.

I'd give up a second and a 5th or 6th next year.

The problem would be signing him to an extension.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm not convinced of that.
    It simply may be that they want a lot for him. They will NOT be re-signing him next year, that much is known. So I MAY assume that they would consider a pick that nets them a more long-term sollution at Rt, which may be as low as a 4th, but more likely would mean our 3rd.

I would consider that, but would want Oz to talk to his agent and see what ballpark he is thiking on a contract. that is a LOT to give up for a 1 year rental, but not much for a young LT in his "prime" that has already preormed pretty darn well. IF we give up a third, and sign him 5/30 ish, I would be willing to sacrifice Oher next offseason. And get a nice comp pick in return.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I'm not convinced of that.
    It simply may be that they want a lot for him. They will NOT be re-signing him next year, that much is known. So I MAY assume that they would consider a pick that nets them a more long-term sollution at Rt, which may be as low as a 4th, but more likely would mean our 3rd.

I would consider that, but would want Oz to talk to his agent and see what ballpark he is thiking on a contract. that is a LOT to give up for a 1 year rental, but not much for a young LT in his "prime" that has already preormed pretty darn well. IF we give up a third, and sign him 5/30 ish, I would be willing to sacrifice Oher next offseason. And get a nice comp pick in return.
    The Rams have had trouble with injuries. They aren't going to let go of an inexpensive player who can start. It would be like the Ravens trading Paul Kruger before last season.