Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    What I'm hoping for in the first three rounds atm....

Not taking potential trades into account...

32. Alec Ogletree

62. DeAndre Hopkins

94. DJ Swearinger

That's pretty much every need addressed. Hopkins will provide legit competition for Doss, and Jones. Swearinger will compete with Ihedigbo, and Thompson, and Ogletree will compete for a starting job with McClain, McClellan and Bynes. I expect us to re-sign McKinnie, if not, we'll likely have to draft a guard. Every other position on the roster is pretty much sorted.
    Not a fan of Ogletree at 32. I hope the Ravens trade out of that post before taking an ILB. Love your other two picks but that is because I don't see anyway they fall to the Ravens at those spots. Swearinger may not make it to the 3rd round and Hopkins probably does not make it past pick 15 of the 2nd round.

What I'm hoping for in the first three rounds atm....

Not taking potential trades into account...

32. Alec Ogletree

62. DeAndre Hopkins

94. DJ Swearinger

That's pretty much every need addressed. Hopkins will provide legit competition for Doss, and Jones. Swearinger will compete with Ihedigbo, and Thompson, and Ogletree will compete for a starting job with McClain, McClellan and Bynes. I expect us to re-sign McKinnie, if not, we'll likely have to draft a guard. Every other position on the roster is pretty much sorted.
    Best case, I think we would have to trade down from #32 or up from #62 to get Hopkins.
    Worst case, he goes ahead of #32.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Well, I guess S just got bumped up the list again with news of Christian Thompson's 4 game suspension.

I'd like to maybe flip our 32, 129 and 165 picks for an early-to-mid 2nd rounder and a mid-to-late 3rd rounder. Maybe flip 32 for ~41 and ~86. Then we would have two 2's and two 3's.

Pick the best WR, ILB, S and OT with those 4 picks, not necessarily in that order.

Blog Entries

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8331/ej-manuel

Appearing on ESPN's SVP & Russillo radio show, Todd McShay stated that he's "hearing from people" Florida State QB E.J. Manuel could be drafted "as early as the middle of the first round."

I hope that's true. It will help push down players to the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8331/ej-manuel

Appearing on ESPN's SVP & Russillo radio show, Todd McShay stated that he's "hearing from people" Florida State QB E.J. Manuel could be drafted "as early as the middle of the first round."

I hope that's true. It will help push down players to the Ravens.
    Me too, i hoping for as many QB's in the first as possible to either push other talent down or create a more desperate team behind us to trade down with.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Watched more of Kiko Alonso yesterday and the more i see the more i like. He's kinda a mix between Minter and Ogletree. He attacks downhill ferociously versus the run and as a-gap blitzer like Minter. He also very comfortable in coverage, understands route concepts, can redirect, etc. He's still a bit stiff in the hips compared to an Ogleetree but his instincts and straight line speed make up for it in coverage. He's becoming one of my favorite prospects in this draft(thanks to leach lol) and would be a nice late 2nd early 3rd round pick.
    Living in Oregon and being also an Oregon fan, my friends and I would always note when Alonzo was doing a "part Burfict". Alonzo can get borderline out of control-not quite into where Burfict regularly goes though, hence the part Burfict. lol.

But yeah, Kiko is a very good ILB. If we don't get Brown, I hope we skip over ILB until round 3 and hopefully Kiko would be there.

If we pick a MLB in the first it better be Kevin Minter or Arthur Brown. Te'o is not the heir apparent to Ray and Ogletree has a pending DUI.

Blog Entries

Kevin Minter is not worth a 1st round pick and it would be debatable to take him in the 2nd round.

Ogletree is everything we don't currently have on the team, and a pending DUI isn't going to do much in the grand scheme of things.

Tony Pauline had an interesting tweet the other day and then explained it today on his website. First the tweet:

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 29 Mar
    Overall feeling from GM's around league; 15 players have legitimate 1st round grades while close to 60 players come with 2nd round grades...
    Then the elaboration:

- As we reported on twitter last week, teams around the league have first round grades on approximately 15 players (give or take a few) and have stamped as many as 60 players second round grades. This further proves the weakness at the top of the draft and the terrific depth at a few positions. Conversations with people have lead us to believe there’s a real chance the back half of round one could offer a number of surprise picks considering the drop off in talent. After talking with several league insiders since the middle of last week here are eight names who could squeeze into the second half of round one, starting with the obvious:

1) Arthur Brown/LB/Kansas State: Brown has been on a straight shot north since his outstanding pro-day performance. Factor in the sliding draft stock of Kevin Minter/LSU and Manti Te’o/Notre Dame and Brown is looking more and more like a top 32 pick.

2) One of the quarterbacks; Matt Barkley/USC, E.J. Manuel/Florida State or Ryan Nassib/Syracuse: This will likely be the result of a team trading from the early part of round two back into the first round, though it won’t be the Cleveland Browns this time.

3) Jamar Taylor/CB/Boise State: Taylor’s senior film is terrific and teams like the fact he’s scheme diverse.

4) Zach Ertz/TE/Stanford: We thought Ertz was first round worthy all along though many in the league cooled on Ertz after the combine.

5) Robert Woods/WR/USC: Woods struggled with an ankle issue all last season and lost out to super sophomore Marquis Lee. Back in August, Woods was ranked as a first rounder on this site but I foolishly came off that opinion. Teams have said the Woods they saw at the combine and pro-day is reminiscent of the dominant receiver from the 2011 film.

6) Jonathan Franklin/RB/UCLA: Concerns over Eddie Lacy are being voiced louder in the scouting community (more on that later). With no clear cut number one at the running back position, teams like what they see from Franklin, whom they compare to Frank Gore.

7) Eric Reid/S/LSU: Reid has made a late charge up draft boards. We don’t agree he’s first round material but the thought has been passed to me from those I respect.

8 ) Blidi Wreh-Wilson/CB/UConn: I posted several times prior to the combine that Wreh-Wilson was the wildcard at the cornerback position. His fantastic pro-day workout from last week puts to ease the minds of teams considering him in round one. Fact is when completely healthy (watch his sophomore film) Wreh-Wilson is a shut down corner with first round skills.
    There's a lot to chew on here. One thing is that it could make a ton of sense to trade back since our 1st round pick is in the middle of about equally graded players. That said of course Ozzie fine tunes our board pretty finely so what are two players that we might think of are equal, he will make a crucial distinction. Still, we are talking about players who are roughly equal by the time we pick.

The other side is that it makes little sense to trade up. Trading up to say pick 15 would cost too much. But if we could get an third pick before the end of round 2, that would be quite nice.

Of the players he mentions, all of them would be good picks for us except of course the RB and QBs, neither of which we need. Yeah I could imagine taking a CB high though probably not with pick 32. I don't see the depth we have at CB as that great and injuries are pretty common for the CB's.

Eric Reid....I go way hot and cold with this guy. Right now I am pretty lukewarm, tepid.

Kevin Minter is not worth a 1st round pick and it would be debatable to take him in the 2nd round.

Ogletree is everything we don't currently have on the team, and a pending DUI isn't going to do much in the grand scheme of things.
    Ogletree is everything we don't want.

- Freshman year: Suspended one game for stealing a scooter and helmet
    - Sophomore year: managed to stay out of trouble
    - Junior year: Suspended 4 games for failing a drug test when the team returned from spring break. The coaches sat down the entire team before spring break and told them they would be getting tested upon their return. This was one of many failed drug tests.
    - 10 months after his failed test, he gets a DUI.

Pass on him.

Blog Entries

Trading back and nabbing Arthur Brown would be an ideal scenario IMO.

Blog Entries

Greg Cosell said that he doesn't see much difference between Jesse Williams and Star Loutelei.