Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Already ahead of you. I want armstead at 32.
    I don't know if this is serious or not....
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    100 percent.

I'm starting the bandwagon. When I watch this kid play I see huge, huge upside and untapped potential. He has great feet, and use of his hands. He's very athletic which helps with the speed rushers, he shuffles well, using his hands and arms to push the rusher on past the QB.

He's been used to pull a lot, very nimble gets to the second level well, most times making the block. Handles bull rushes well has good strength and knee bend, most end up on their backs. However will need to hit the weight room, has quite thin legs.

I see more potential in him than any other prospect that has a possibility of being there at 32. Other prospects could do a better job day 1, but if you have a chance at a franchise left tackle at 32, especially after paying you QB 120mil you better take it.

Just watched the senior bowl highlights again and focused on him. He has really quick feet and seems to have a good reach.

I am interested too, I just didn't think he'd be a 1st round player. However, LT is the 2nd most valued position behind only QB IMO. Would be a great pick up
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

I'm as serious as a losing your passport in Venezuela. I think arnie_uk is too.

Re-sign Big Whopper and draft your franchise LT at 32.
    Armstud develops his lower body strength (while bumping up 15-20 lbs) and develops his hands for 2013. Come 2014, he steps right in.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I see more potential in him than any other prospect that has a possibility of being there at 32. Other prospects could do a better job day 1, but if you have a chance at a franchise left tackle at 32, especially after paying you QB 120mil you better take it.

That's how I'm beginning to see things too. Armstud is going to be someone's franchise LT. We need one and he's in range...and more importantly, IMO there's no greater doubt or reservation with him as compared to anyone else from picks 15 through 40.

The most valuable skill-- footwork--is there.
    Is he thin, light below? Yup.
    Does he need improvement with his hands? Yup.
    Does he drop his head sometimes? Yup.

Damn those small school coaches. Damn those small school strength programs! And damn Armstud for spending so much time in the classroom studying for his Industrial Technology degree!

Seriously, 1 or 2 years in an NFL regimen, and he's on track for the 1st of many pro bowls.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Damn those small school coaches. Damn those small school strength programs! And damn Armstud for spending so much time in the classroom studying for his Industrial Technology degree!
    I agree here. This is always my thinking when looking at the draft. I want the players with the things you can't coach. I want instincts and speed. I'll let strength and technique slack for the other things.

I'm on board the bandwagon lads
    - Ray Lewis

Just watched the senior bowl highlights again and focused on him. He has really quick feet and seems to have a good reach.

I am interested too, I just didn't think he'd be a 1st round player. However, LT is the 2nd most valued position behind only QB IMO. Would be a great pick up
    Read up on joe staley. Small school, shined east west shrine game, ran a 4.7 40 went pick 28 I think, now seen as one of the top left tackles in the game

Read up on joe staley. Small school, shined east west shrine game, ran a 4.7 40 went pick 28 I think, now seen as one of the top left tackles in the game
    Ah-ha. Interesting parallel.

@BigPlayReceiver

Great comparison
    - Ray Lewis

And I'd happily take staley even if it takes a couple years

Blog Entries
    Central Michigan is a bit different than Arkansas-Pinebluff...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I am full blown on the Armstead pick. IMO I think this kid is a Raven. Not sure where he ranks and all, but a LT that can move like him and Smart, I would pick him at 32.
    I'm on the bandwagon!!