Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: All Things Draft:

I'm a little concerned about Armsteads size and arm length, that's the main thing that's holding me back from fully joining this new bandwagon.

Blog Entries

Joe Kruger looks better than his brother lol

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm a little concerned about Armsteads size and arm length, that's the main thing that's holding me back from fully joining this new bandwagon.
    34 inches isn't favourable, but I think he makes up for it with his quick feet. His feet move like a hiccup and he shuffles quite well. They balance out IMO
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Question, last training camp we had a fellow named Connell. I think on PS now. Is he a tackle or just depth for guard? I know the coaches really liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    Question, last training camp we had a fellow named Connell. I think on PS now. Is he a tackle or just depth for guard? I know the coaches really liked him.
    Jack Cornell. Depth for both G and T. Played mostly G in college, but played some T during 2012 camp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Cornell

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...elechi-osemele
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

He had a pretty epic beard in the SB run.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I like Hankins or Jenkins for the 1st pick at DT/NT. If the heavens aligned meaning every team took the "duh" pill before the draft, I would love Shariff Floyd, but no chance there.

Outside of that position, I could see Jarvis Jones scaring a lot of teams off, but I see the Steelers taking him for some reason.

Tavon Austin would be a good hometown pick and would be a steal at 32, but someone jumps up before he would get to our slot.

Tackles I think will not be picked at #32. We go into FA before we pick up a rookie tackle to start IMO unless it's one of the top three Joekel, Fischer, or Lane Johnson. I think Fluker is a RT in the league.

This is the toughest draft ever in my eyes and I think that a lot of teams screw their drafts, but not my Ravens. This draft is so muddied with talent, but also very flawed prospects. Thank heavens we don't need a QB.

With my eyes Clemson's Hopkins physically looks like Houshmandzadeh.
    Hopkins hands >> Housh's (who was mostly a body catcher)
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Well, at one point TJ Whosyourmama was one of the best possession receivers in the NFL. I actually think he made Chad Johnson better.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    When Doss was coming out of college I evaluated him as a similar prospect to Houshmandzadeh. Taller, long-limbed, thin receivers with sub-par straight-line speed and underwhelming "quicks" but good body control and catching radius to serve as a possession receiver. At their best, both of them can find the hole in the zone, make the catch, and get a little YAC.

I think Hopkins is a much better prospect than either of them and more Roddy White than TJ. I was surprised by his 214lbs weight-in at the Combine--that's an extremely solid build for a 6'1 WR, but he doesn't have an ounce of fat on him. He plays faster than his 4.57 on tape.

The Ravens need to walk away from this draft with a legit outside-the-numbers receiver, unless they feel a miracle can happen and Streeter is going to become that guy (I wouldn't bet on it.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

When Doss was coming out of college I evaluated him as a similar prospect to Houshmandzadeh. Taller, long-limbed, thin receivers with sub-par straight-line speed and underwhelming "quicks" but good body control and catching radius to serve as a possession receiver. At their best, both of them can find the hole in the zone, make the catch, and get a little YAC.

I think Hopkins is a much better prospect than either of them and more Roddy White than TJ. I was surprised by his 214lbs weight-in at the Combine--that's an extremely solid build for a 6'1 WR, but he doesn't have an ounce of fat on him. He plays faster than his 4.57 on tape.

The Ravens need to walk away from this draft with a legit outside-the-numbers receiver, unless they feel a miracle can happen and Streeter is going to become that guy (I wouldn't bet on it.)
    Agreed that he is more of a deep threat than Housh ever was.

I really think Hakeem Nicks is a good comparison. Similar build, great hands, good route runner, tough to bring down, and deceptive quickness.

Justin Hunter might be that guy. I also like Da'Rick Rogers a lot. He isn't a speedster, but his size and separation ability make him intriguing.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, at one point TJ Whosyourmama was one of the best possession receivers in the NFL. I actually think he made Chad Johnson better.

I agree with both. I wasn't disparaging Hopkins, btw. That's just who he reminds me of with the eyeball test.

@BigPlayReceiver