Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Massive upgrade? Comon man, Leach is a back to back all pro, having a FB who can catch is all fine and well, but if he can't block, he aint going to be good at all. Sounds more like a TE to me.
    I'm just looking at it from the same perspective as the Pollard release. Pollard was a good player for us, but he was a throwback type and we're going in a different direction at the position now. Leach is the best blocking fullback in the league but that's all he does. If this were 1980 he'd be worth his $4m figure, but he's not especially if we go to a more uptempo pass-first offense next year, so it's time to go in a different direction.

Juszczyk is a capable lead blocker, just not as good as Leach, but who is? He gives you 80% of the blocking ability at 20% of the cost, and is a better pass catcher. He did a really good job lead blocking in the Senior Bowl, and the fact that he can also back up the TE position is a plus.

Massive upgrade? Comon man, Leach is a back to back all pro, having a FB who can catch is all fine and well, but if he can't block, he aint going to be good at all. Sounds more like a TE to me.
    I'm assuming you stopped reading and upgrade then?

Blog Entries

Man, if there's a player I want more in the first round it's Vaccoro, it's no secret that he is my favorite prospect in this draft.

Please let the dumb teams pass up on him!

Blog Entries
    Man, if there's a player I want more in the first round it's Vaccoro, it's no secret that he is my favorite prospect in this draft.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0lKPYyR0gw

Please let the dumb teams pass up on him!
    If he lasts until 32 I may buy myself a bottle of something nice...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I think Arthur brown may land himself inside the top 25. Clear cut number one MLB on my board.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...keying-on-kiko

Rotoworld did a little feature on Kiko Alonzo, Leach made me pay more attention to him and what i saw i really liked. This feature highlighted some of the things i didnt see as far as him taking on blocks. He's still a tiny bit stiff in the hips but his overall athleticism and understanding of offense helps him excel in space. I think taking him in the 3rd would be one of the best values in the entire draft, his versatility to do a lot in our defense as a blitzer in the nickel and our more complex packages where he can play zone, handoff receivers and tight ends to deeper coverage, etc. like they show in the link

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...keying-on-kiko

Rotoworld did a little feature on Kiko Alonzo, Leach made me pay more attention to him and what i saw i really liked. This feature highlighted some of the things i didnt see as far as him taking on blocks. He's still a tiny bit stiff in the hips but his overall athleticism and understanding of offense helps him excel in space. I think taking him in the 3rd would be one of the best values in the entire draft, his versatility to do a lot in our defense as a blitzer in the nickel and our more complex packages where he can play zone, handoff receivers and tight ends to deeper coverage, etc. like they show in the link
    Yeah he's a really solid prospect with certain character concerns, but he's someone I'd be really chuffed with if we landed him in the 3rd. I have him at a mid 2nd round grade right now, but it's very possible he drops into the 3rd.

Yeah he's a really solid prospect with certain character concerns, but he's someone I'd be really chuffed with if we landed him in the 3rd. I have him at a mid 2nd round grade right now, but it's very possible he drops into the 3rd.
    Yea i like him alot, I think he'd fit the defense well, he'd instantly be our go to nickel LB, can contribute as a a-gap blitzer, etc. plus i think he has the frame to add some weight and get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Yea i like him alot, I think he'd fit the defense well, he'd instantly be our go to nickel LB, can contribute as a a-gap blitzer, etc. plus i think he has the frame to add some weight and get stronger.
    Yeah he's a guy who could replace Ellerbe's role in the defense. I they truly are going to try to get more athletic and want a linebacker that can cover this is the guy. He's better in that aspect than guys like Minter and Te'0.

I've been thinking of what the Ravens will do early in the draft. I've come to the conclusion that they should IMO trade back into the early second. Then they should trade up with their original pick in the second round to get a guy who might drop for certain reasons.

Now, the ideal situation with this would be to get Deandre Hopkins with the first pick and then later in the second trade up to get Elam. Hopkins I think will fall because of his 4.57 40 at the combine. Btw he ran around 4.5 or a little lower at his pro day. Thing is speed is not nearly all of his game. I agree with you guys that he is a stud, but he will fall a little because of Justin Hunter rising ahead if him.

Then with our original second round pick we should trade up some to get 1 of 2 fallers. The ideal one would be Matt Elam. I think he will fall because of size concerns and him constantly launching his body in tackles which may lead to a lot of penalties in Goodell's powder puff league. The other guy that slides who we could trade up 4 is Minter. He will slide along with the rest of the ILBs because of devaluing of the position, being short, and some believing he was a product of a talented defense.

So for my ideal draft...
    Round 2: Hopkins, WR, via trading back.
    Round 2: Elam, S, via trading up.
    Round 3: Kiko Alonso, ILB
    Round 4: Chris Faulk, LT, via trade up.
    Round 4: Dion Sims, TE, (comp pick)
    Round 5: Montori Hughes, NT, comp pick
    Round 6: Quanterus Smith, DE/OLB
    Round 6: A Big Athletic Cornerback, comp pick
    Round 7: Interior Lineman.

Some picks that Ravens were not used due to being used in trades.

I am assuming here that the Ravens sign Mckinnie, James Harrison, Dan Connor, and Chris Chester.

Cool Re: All Things Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    I've been thinking of what the Ravens will do early in the draft. I've come to the conclusion that they should IMO trade back into the early second. Then they should trade up with their original pick in the second round to get a guy who might drop for certain reasons.

Now, the ideal situation with this would be to get Deandre Hopkins with the first pick and then later in the second trade up to get Elam. Hopkins I think will fall because of his 4.57 40 at the combine. Btw he ran around 4.5 or a little lower at his pro day. Thing is speed is not nearly all of his game. I agree with you guys that he is a stud, but he will fall a little because of Justin Hunter rising ahead if him.

Then with our original second round pick we should trade up some to get 1 of 2 fallers. The ideal one would be Matt Elam. I think he will fall because of size concerns and him constantly launching his body in tackles which may lead to a lot of penalties in Goodell's powder puff league. The other guy that slides who we could trade up 4 is Minter. He will slide along with the rest of the ILBs because of devaluing of the position, being short, and some believing he was a product of a talented defense.

So for my ideal draft...
    Round 2: Hopkins, WR, via trading back.
    Round 2: Elam, S, via trading up.
    Round 3: Kiko Alonso, ILB
    Round 4: Chris Faulk, LT, via trade up.
    Round 4: Dion Sims, TE, (comp pick)
    Round 5: Montori Hughes, NT, comp pick
    Round 6: Quanterus Smith, DE/OLB
    Round 6: A Big Athletic Cornerback, comp pick
    Round 7: Interior Lineman.

Some picks that Ravens were not used due to being used in trades.

I am assuming here that the Ravens sign Mckinnie, James Harrison, Dan Connor, and Chris Chester.
    I like your first 4 draft picks a lot. However, I think the Ravens need to draft two ILBs, not just one. If Hodges or Porter are still around by the end of the 4th round, I rather they pick one of them rather than Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    I like your first 4 draft picks a lot. However, I think the Ravens need to draft two ILBs, not just one. If Hodges or Porter are still around by the end of the 4th round, I rather they pick one of them rather than Hughes.
    In terms of ILB, I want Kevin Reddick really bad
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB