Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm on the same train man, this guy is so good, he's better than Mark Barron was last year, which leads me to believe that he's going higher than we'd hope. With that said if he drops into the 20's I'd love to trade up for him, we have 12 picks in this draft to put to good use afterall.
    Exactly. I could definitely see us making 4-5 picks in the first 3 rounds
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Exactly. I could definitely see us making 4-5 picks in the first 3 rounds
    Wish list for the first 3 rounds, no particular order, pick 4 or 5 of these top-100 prospects:

1) Kenny Vaccaro/Matt Elam/Philip Thomas
    2) Khaseem Greene/Arthur Brown/Sio Moore
    3) Brandon Jenkins/Trevardo Williams/Alex Okafor
    4) DeAndre Hopkins/Da'Rick Rogers/Stedman Bailey/Markus Wheaton
    5) Datone Jones/Jon Jenkins/Brandon Williams

Of that group, give me Matt Elam (1st-2nd), Khaseem Greene (2nd), Trevardo Williams (3rd), Da'Rick Rogers (2nd-3rd), and Brandon Williams (3rd). Probably have to give up the whole rest of our draft and some of next year's to make that happen, but I'd do it for those 5 guys. Huge upgrades at all our positions of need.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Wish list for the first 3 rounds, no particular order, pick 4 or 5 of these top-100 prospects:

1) Kenny Vaccaro/Matt Elam/Philip Thomas
    2) Khaseem Greene/Arthur Brown/Sio Moore
    3) Brandon Jenkins/Trevardo Williams/Alex Okafor
    4) DeAndre Hopkins/Da'Rick Rogers/Stedman Bailey/Markus Wheaton
    5) Datone Jones/Jon Jenkins/Brandon Williams

Of that group, give me Matt Elam (1st-2nd), Khaseem Greene (2nd), Trevardo Williams (3rd), Da'Rick Rogers (2nd-3rd), and Brandon Williams (3rd). Probably have to give up the whole rest of our draft and some of next year's to make that happen, but I'd do it for those 5 guys. Huge upgrades at all our positions of need.
    I'm quite fine with this idea. Yes we may miss out on a late round gem, but this year is about filling needs and I'll give that up to fill a need anyday. If we sign a LT in FA and keep Ellerbe than I'd like to get S/NT/ILB/WR (in no particular order) in the first 3 rounds of the draft
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

That feeling that I had back Dec/Jan (i.e., Eifert will be on the board for us [whenever we picked]) is back.

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet

Source confirms Tony Gonzalez is coming back to the #Falcons, as @JayGlazer reported.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    That feeling that I had back Dec/Jan (i.e., Eifert will be on the board for us [whenever we picked]) is back.
    It would be hard for Eifert not to be a possible BPA at #32. Phenomenal player, IMO the best (most complete) TE of the past 3 years. Don't get all the internet draftafarians trying to put Ertz (vastly inferior prospect) ahead of him.

He would be a massive upgrade over Dickson as our in-line TE, kicking Pitta into the slot. I don't think the Falcons hanging onto Gonzalez for another year takes him out of the equation for him, though--they could always just run more 2TE sets and have him take over in 2014. Their offense would be scary with Julio, Roddy, Gonzo and Eifert as the top 4 targets.

I love the idea of Pitta replacing Boldin as the slot reciever with Eifert at TE. Could run a lot of formations similar to the Pats. Jacoby and Torrey on the outside to cause deep zones. Teams are going to be scared of Jacoby after what he did in the post season
    - Ray Lewis

And to compare speed, Pitta is faster than Boldin, not by much, but just to get rid of that argument against Pitta in the slot
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    It would be hard for Eifert not to be a possible BPA at #32. Phenomenal player, IMO the best (most complete) TE of the past 3 years. Don't get all the internet draftafarians trying to put Ertz (vastly inferior prospect) ahead of him.

He would be a massive upgrade over Dickson as our in-line TE, kicking Pitta into the slot. I don't think the Falcons hanging onto Gonzalez for another year takes him out of the equation for him, though--they could always just run more 2TE sets and have him take over in 2014. Their offense would be scary with Julio, Roddy, Gonzo and Eifert as the top 4 targets.
    I wouldn't want to face that corps at all...man.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I love the idea of Pitta replacing Boldin as the slot reciever with Eifert at TE. Could run a lot of formations similar to the Pats. Jacoby and Torrey on the outside to cause deep zones. Teams are going to be scared of Jacoby after what he did in the post season
    I'm not a Combine monkey at all, but Eifert demonstrated some serious explosion in Indy.
    There's soooo much that an OC can do with Eifert. Similar to Austin, he could make the entire passing game light up.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I'm not a Combine monkey at all, but Eifert demonstrated some serious explosion in Indy.
    There's soooo much that an OC can do with Eifert. Similar to Austin, he could make the entire passing game light up.
    He really could.

They could run an offense with Torrey, Jacoby, Eiffert, and Pitta. Lots of mismatches there.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He really could.

They could run an offense with Torrey, Jacoby, Eiffert, and Pitta. Lots of mismatches there.
    I've been thinking about that the last couple days...would we ever huddle with that personnel? lol

Heard Elam looks great at pro day today, i been back and forth on him because of his height but there is no denying he's a really good football player.