Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

$10 million a Year for Kruger

Jason Cole who is one of the better NFL media guys out there thinks Kruger will get the $9 to $10 million a year he's looking for. It won't be the Ravens signing him either. Not anything we weren't expecting but it's interesting to hear it from a reliable source.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ive-for-ravens

On the other hand, it's become evident that Kruger will be wearing another uniform as one of the top pass rushers on the open market.

According to Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports, Kruger's contract will likely "blow past" $9 million per season and could clear $10 million annually.

Possible landing spots for Kruger include the division-rival Browns, seeking an edge rusher for Ray Horton's 3-4 defense, as well as the Colts. Former Ravens defensive coordinator Chuck Pagano could view Kruger as Dwight Freeney's successor opposite Robert Mathis. Either way, Kruger is going to land too much money to return to Baltimore.

https://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/s...06262081871872

Jason Cole
    ‏@JasonColeYahoo
    I didn't believe this couple of weeks ago, but do now: LB/DE Paul Kruger looks like he's going to blow past $9m per, could get over $10m per

Blog Entries

Re: $10 million a Year for Kruger

The Bills are very interested in Kruger according to some reports.

That's an unwarranted amount of money. Kruger was in the NFL for four years and really only during one 10 games stretch did he ever show an ability to be anywhere near that type of player. IMO he's a 4 year/$25m type player, not a 5 year/$50 million type player.

And you wonder why the Bills suck every year....

I think we all knew this was coming. Best of luck to Kruger. He's got this ring so now let him go and do this thing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    That's an unwarranted amount of money. Kruger was in the NFL for four years and really only during one 10 games stretch did he ever show an ability to be anywhere near that type of player. IMO he's a 4 year/$25m type player, not a 5 year/$50 million type player.

At least the Bills have a guy on the other side of him. If Kruger ends up on the Browns he'd completely disappear. It would be fun to watch the Browns blow through all that cap money and still suck.

Blog Entries

Kruger gave us a really good year, but has priced him self out of Bmore sadly. Had we seen this production earlier from him, we may have even had him under contract by now, or he may have been seen as a more serious franchise tag candidate, and Upshaw probably wouldn't have been drafted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post

That's free agency for you... Good quote from the 49'ers chief operating officer:

"We have the most expensive defense in the league on an average per year basis and that is not sustainable over time," Marathe said. "Becuase of the cap, if every veteran on the team took a 15 percent discount on their market value, you couldn't field that team still under the cap because the difference between wholesale (draft) and retail (free agency) is so wide.

"You have to figure out which players to keep and which players to let move on and churn out. Because you have to continue to replenish the system."

Blog Entries

Two words:

Courtney Upshaw

Kruger did a lot for us, but without Suggs on the other side he is average, there is now way in hell I pay him that.

Blog Entries

He's won a title, now he can chase some cheese. Fair play to him, he's got his chance has to take it. Be disappointed if he went to the Browns though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The Bills are very interested in Kruger according to some reports.
    They are being a bit too simple-minded. They think that to win the division, they have to get to Brady. Now, that's largely true--at least get Brady moving--but they are completely neglecting every other unit on their team. Crazy.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I think we all knew this was coming. Best of luck to Kruger. He's got this ring so now let him go and do this thing
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA
    At least the Bills have a guy on the other side of him. If Kruger ends up on the Browns he'd completely disappear. It would be fun to watch the Browns blow through all that cap money and still suck.
    I would disagree with this. Jabaal Sheard is pretty good.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I think the Bills are a QB away from winning that division. They arguably have as much individual talent as the Patriots perhaps more. They need a QB, and a WR to compliment Stevie Johnson, and a guy like Kruger opposite Mario Williams would complete a scary scary defensive line. They have a really good underrated Oline too btw.