Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wow, Linta was ready to sign the contract in August but Joe said NO

Other interesting notes:

1) This puts to rest the false rumors that Ozzie was the one who pulled the plug on the deal in August.

2) As of this afternoon, Linta still had not received the contract from the Ravens.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...tract/1959137/

Re: Wow, Linta was ready to sign the contract in August but Joe said NO

I don't think anything could f*ck up the deal at this point. If it's for the amount Linta proposed, it should get finalized on Monday.

Linta needs to shut his ________ trap!!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Linta needs to shut his ________ trap!!
    I don't think you understand what an agent's job and responsibilities are. Or to whom he owes said responsibilities.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Agents always annoy me. As they are paid to do basically. Their responsibility is to their client, so they can basically say all the douchey things so that the client doesn't say them and look dumb.

I wonder if the reason he hasn't gotten the contract yet is because he told the Ravens he wouldn't be able to review it until Sunday anyway. He said he had personal business on Saturday already.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

So by chance, my wife had me pickup the Weekend Edition of The Sun yesterday. They have the usual run of the mill sports article on Flacco's contract. But, on the front page, they also had a story about Joe Linta.

It was...actually a pretty interesting read. He's definitely a low key agent who usually targets late round, underhyped prospects. His clientele includes Matt Birk, Gino Gradkowski, Antoine McClain, Kamerion Wimbley, Romeo Crennel, Bill O'Brien, Will Shields, Willie Colon. He's a very "Matt Birk" type guy, coaches his kids' football teams in the fall, blue collar, have a beer with you type. Also, he was the agent for Jovan Bechler, so he's had a rough year.

I've heard that Ozzie made comments (off the record) that Linta was "in over his head" with the Flacco contract, and I think this is VERY new territory for him, but all things considered, he's handled it pretty straightforward.

EDIT - If you haven't used up your free stories on the Sun website, here's the online posting: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...0,831354.story
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    EDIT - If you haven't used up your free stories on the Sun website, here's the online posting: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...0,831354.story
    I just finished reading that article and thought it was pretty good myself.

Gave me the answer to the question I had regarding why Flacco had this guy as his agent to begin with instead of one of the more highly recognized guys.

I'm expecting the conspiracy folks to come out after reading that article as well since apparently Linta is from Pittsburgh and grew up a Steeler fan, and wanted to stick it to the Ravens cap as much as possible.

I'll have to assume he still is a Steeler fan as you don't just lose that.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Agents always annoy me. As they are paid to do basically. Their responsibility is to their client, so they can basically say all the douchey things so that the client doesn't say them and look dumb.

I wonder if the reason he hasn't gotten the contract yet is because he told the Ravens he wouldn't be able to review it until Sunday anyway. He said he had personal business on Saturday already.
    Linta was in San Antonio, Texas, yesterday, attending a wedding for one of his clients. That's where he was flying to late Friday afternoon when the Ravens agreed to his deal...right before he stepped on the plane. He's supposed to go to Joe's house today in New Jersey to go over the contract with him. I don't if Linta has received it yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    Linta was in San Antonio, Texas, yesterday, attending a wedding for one of his clients. That's where he was flying to late Friday afternoon when the Ravens agreed to his deal...right before he stepped on the plane. He's supposed to go to Joe's house today in New Jersey to go over the contract with him. I don't if Linta has received it yet.
    And that story came out yesterday, so do you think maybe the contract was emailed to him last night?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I'm expecting the conspiracy folks to come out after reading that article as well since apparently Linta is from Pittsburgh and grew up a Steeler fan, and wanted to stick it to the Ravens cap as much as possible.

I'll have to assume he still is a Steeler fan as you don't just lose that.
    Hahahaha, I read that but didn't think much of it. Colon is pretty highly paid for a guy who doesn't seem all that great for them. If the conspiracy were true, wouldn't he convince his client to take a cheap deal? Also, wouldn't he have worked harder to convince Birk to stay on and take up more cap money?

Can tell you this...Steelers didn't take him to the SB and to Disney World. Joe and the Ravens did that.

Hahahaha, I read that but didn't think much of it. Colon is pretty highly paid for a guy who doesn't seem all that great for them. If the conspiracy were true, wouldn't he convince his client to take a cheap deal? Also, wouldn't he have worked harder to convince Birk to stay on and take up more cap money?

Can tell you this...Steelers didn't take him to the SB and to Disney World. Joe and the Ravens did that.
    Something tells me that having millions of dollars on the table for yourself (to say nothing of the chance of losing your credentials as an agent if you get caught engaging in any funny business) is a pretty good incentive to put your childhood rooting interests aside while you're at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    Something tells me that having millions of dollars on the table for yourself (to say nothing of the chance of losing your credentials as an agent if you get caught engaging in any funny business) is a pretty good incentive to put your childhood rooting interests aside while you're at the office.
    I agree, but there are people out there (and on here) that feel pretty much everything under the sun is a conspiracy against th Ravens, particularly if it has any relation to the Steelers in any facet.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!