Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco Agrees To Deal, Will Sign on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    What I didn't know until yesterday, a bonus can only be spread over 5 years...so 30 mil over 5 years is 6 per. THAT is why the 20 mil bonus in 2014, so we don't spread 50 mil over 5 years (10 per every year).

Instead, you have 6mil in 2013, 6mil + 4mil in 2014-2017, and 4 mil in 2018.
    Thanks for clearing that up, I understand now... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    For the record, I'd take Jake Long over Bryant McKinnie any day of the week.
    If contract terms were not being considered, I'd have to imagine most would. Both are decent LTs, but Long is younger and in better shape. Remember (everyone except leachisabeast), McKinnie only was in beast mode for 4 post season games. And even then, look back at Filmstudy's grades...he was basically just a little better than Oher was. The biggest key about McKinnie was having Oher and KO in better positions.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

If contract terms were not being considered, I'd have to imagine most would. Both are decent LTs, but Long is younger and in better shape. Remember (everyone except leachisabeast), McKinnie only was in beast mode for 4 post season games. And even then, look back at Filmstudy's grades...he was basically just a little better than Oher was. The biggest key about McKinnie was having Oher and KO in better positions.
    I think there is a small chance (very small) that the Ravens will be a little more bold than many would think and find a way of getting a legit LT for Flacco now that they are investing a ton into their QB and RB, and it may mean cutting Leach and Jacoby, but there will be a way to get Jake Long under contract.

Blog Entries

I think the better route to go is drafting a LT in this draft. I know OT is "top heavy" in this draft, but I think there's guys in the mid rounds who could be developed into effective LT.

Don't forget, we also have Juan Castillo now. He sucked as a DC (lol), but was a pretty good OL coach.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think there is a small chance (very small) that the Ravens will be a little more bold than many would think and find a way of getting a legit LT for Flacco now that they are investing a ton into their QB and RB, and it may mean cutting Leach and Jacoby, but there will be a way to get Jake Long under contract.
    Is weed legal in England?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    It has to be a harder drug than weed to think Jake Long has any shot of signing here
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    No its legal in Amsterdam though.

And it really isn't as far fetched as you're making it out to be. Its not like he'd cost 100 million to sign. Like I said, its a very small chance, but its certainly not impossible IMO. It would just require some tough roster moves.

Blog Entries

I think the better route to go is drafting a LT in this draft. I know OT is "top heavy" in this draft, but I think there's guys in the mid rounds who could be developed into effective LT.

Don't forget, we also have Juan Castillo now. He sucked as a DC (lol), but was a pretty good OL coach.
    Trouble with these prospect LTs is none of them have arms over 34.5" which is needed at LT. Film Study posted this last week and that was one of Oher's probs. He arms were too short and he tried to wrestle his opponents instead of using his arms like a stun gun like JO did. Truth is, LTs with 36" arm length don't grow on trees.

Blog Entries

If not Joe, Matt Ryan's contract would've pushed the envelope. This is just a combination of a new young crop of QBs getting their first FA deals and the contract numbers naturally rising.

As most analysts are saying, we'll need to see the details of the deal to really tell who "won". In any case, Ozzie knew he was going to be paying a fortune, and except for the few odd fans who somehow believed we should let Flacco walk and re-draft a QB, everyone else knew letting Joe go somewhere else isn't an option for a team that wants continued success.
    Great post Scally.

Blog Entries

We also thought we had a shot at Eric Winston last year, but he made his money in KC.

Jake Long may come a bit cheaper because of his declining pay, but if any other team is looking to upgrade LT, we're going to be tougher to play the market, because we don't have a ton of room now.

Blog Entries

We also thought we had a shot at Eric Winston last year, but he made his money in KC.

Jake Long may come a bit cheaper because of his declining pay, but if any other team is looking to upgrade LT, we're going to be tougher to play the market, because we don't have a ton of room now.
    The Ravens almost had him in for a visit last year.

There is an article on Pro Football talk that discusses Romo and Stafford coming up for contracts. Romo is going to count 17m against the cap this year. Stafford and Romo are probably going to get deals that average at least 18m per. Would you rather Flacco for 20 or those two guys for 18m. That is not even talking about Ryan and Rodgers exceeding 20m. What is it going to be in 2 and 3 years when Kaperncik, Luck, RGIII and Wilson all come up.