Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 ... LastLast

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    Austin just put up a blazing hand timed 4.25/40. Not sure what the electronic reading is, yet.
    10-yard splits (unofficial):

1.43 Marquise Goodwin
    1.45 Tavon Austin
    1.49 Corey Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Pathetic. The guy won't even throw at the Combine. I heard there was owner pressure for them to draft a QB when Arians was hired. I even took him in round 2 in our forum mock draft. I bet this really does happen.
    Barkley hasn't been medically cleared to throw. It's not exactly his fault that his Oline let that UCLA guy come through untouched on the blind side.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @SI_PeterKing: RT @nfldraftscout: Text I received from a scout this morning: Matt Barkley will not get past the Arizona #Cardinals at No. 7 overall.
    Classic! Just replace "Barkley" with "Leinart" and "No. 10" with "No. 7" and its deja vu all over again!!!

Hopkins just made an unbelievable catch

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Classic! Just replace "Barkley" with "Leinart" and "No. 10" with "No. 7" and its deja vu all over again!!!
    I don't think Barkley is interested in being a celebrity like Leinart was. He may not be worth the 7th pick, but he will be a better pro than Leinart or Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    :read He doesn't fit our system. It would have to change.
    Tavon Austin fits everyone's system. He is one of the most elusive players to ever touch a football. He has been that way at every level he has played at. He is strong and tough.

He can return kicks and punts. He can play inside and outside. He can run the ball occasionally. That's the great thing about Tavon Austin. You don't have to change your system to fit him because he can do a little bit of everything. Plug him in and give him the ball. Good things will happen.

I have read everything you've said about him and you haven't made a good case.

He never missed a game in college or high school so he is not injury prone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Tavon Austin fits everyone's system. He is one of the most elusive players to ever touch a football. He has been that way at every level he has played at. He is strong and tough.

He can return kicks and punts. He can play inside and outside. He can run the ball occasionally. That's the great thing about Tavon Austin. You don't have to change your system to fit him because he can do a little bit of everything. Plug him in and give him the ball. Good things will happen.

Yea I don't get his argument. You can't compare him to mark Clayton. Not even close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post

I agree, I don't see how he can't fit in everyone's system. You MAKE room for a playmaker this electric. If you think his 40 time was special, I predict potential record in the three cone drill. HIs change of direction is far more impressive then his straight line speed.

There is now no way he makes it to 32... Put him down with Lane Johnson and Eric Fisher as people I would have liked to have drafted, but are now well out of reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Yea I don't get his argument. You can't compare him to mark Clayton. Not even close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is this a joke? Who compared him to Mark Clayton? Clayton was your prototypical Big 12 wideout who got thrown a lot of passes but didn't have a single elite characteristic and showed up very small on tape. He wasn't elusive or tough after the catch and he didn't separate downfield.

Tavon Austin is a totally, totally different player and a far better prospect.

Geno Smith just ran a 4.56

11. Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

I love Austin's confidence, and yes, I don't think he'll be there when we pick at 32. Also, I think we're in great shape as far as offensive weapons are concerned, but it'd be nice to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Pathetic. The guy won't even throw at the Combine. I heard there was owner pressure for them to draft a QB when Arians was hired. I even took him in round 2 in our forum mock draft. I bet this really does happen.
    I said months ago, even after that lame Senior Bowl performance by the QB's that there would be up to 4 taken.

There are too many teams desperate for QB's with literally almost zero quality guys out there.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.