Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Josh Norris‏@JoshNorris

Dion Sims first forty: 4.72, 10 yard split 1.60. Slimmed down
    So I think that 40s should be run in pads from pre-designated "positional stances". However, Sims is a willing and effective blocker (not a mauler though), runs hard with the ball in his hands (film shows that, although at a heavy weight), and has 10 1/2" hands. He's 20+ lbs slimmer now and rocked a 35" vertical.

This is the TE I want. Between the 20s, we wouldn't be tipping our hand at all with him in the game at an H-back or inline position. Of course, he could be a very good RZ threat from those same spots. Hell you could motion him out-wide from the upback position in order to take the m2m LB out-wide with him, where Sims would still be a threat...he'd be even more of a threat if it was an SS and not an LB that the defensive scheme had covering him.

I can't imagine him being in anyone's top 7-8 right now: Eifert, Ertz, McDonald, Reed, Gragg, Kelce, Toilolo and Escobar (still).

Blog Entries

My boy Menelik Watson will meet with the Ravens later. Repping the UK.

The Ravens have also met with Tank Carradine and Dion Jordan today. Its clear that pass rusher and OT are on high on the Ravens radar.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 02-23-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    What's everyone thinking about Terron Armstead? One of those athletes that gets boosted up in the combine, but his measurements are impressive
    He has dancers feet on film and that matters a WHOLE lot. He'll need to work on keeping his hips under him and also his hand placement. Hips w/o hands and he'll be better than average. Hips and hands and he'll be a PBer.

Blog Entries

What a surprise... Joe Kruger met with the Ravens last night! haha

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Would be awesome to replace Kruger with Kruger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Would be awesome to PAIR Kruger with Kruger

FTFY
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Nice player. I was pretty surprised to see him measure in at 6'6 269lbs... I think he was listed at 6'8 280 in college. He has some scheme versatility to play 4-3 or 3-4 end and possibly 3-4 rush LB. Wouldn't mind the Ravens picking him up in the mid rounds.

Blog Entries

He's different to Kruger, more of a 3-4 end IMO, could be a good rotational player with Jones and McPhee, and potentially an eventual starter. Has a bit of JJ Watt in him.

Watching him on film I see a lot of Paul in him, but he's not the quick twitch athlete his brother is. He's definitely going to play end in the NFL, not LB.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries
    @RavensInsider: Alabama defensive tackle jesse williams says he met with ravens says 'it would be a great fit' http://t.co/l5wT4AKrv7

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @RavensInsider: Alabama defensive tackle jesse williams says he met with ravens says 'it would be a great fit' http://t.co/l5wT4AKrv7

I know that bmorecareful and a few others aren't high on him, but I think he'd be a good pick in the early 2nd round, he has very very quick feet similar to Wilfolk, Greg Cosell likes him too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Watching him on film I see a lot of Paul in him, but he's not the quick twitch athlete his brother is. He's definitely going to play end in the NFL, not LB.
    Agreed, he has the motor of Paul Kruger, but he's a big lumbering type player, better for as a 5 technique IMO, and a DT in the nickel.