Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    I think we'll end up with minter in the 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by batman55 View Post
    I know it's been brought up before, but a lot of reporters are saying manti will fall to us.... I am real anxious to see his work out.
    NOOOOOOO!!!! No Manti!!! Please, God, no!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think we'll end up with minter in the 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes please

Blog Entries

Greg Cosell likes Kevin Minter. Daniel Jeremiah likes Kevin Minter. If you really want more athleticism in the front seven, if that was the goal going into this draft, he is your guy over Teo. That doesn't mean that Teo is a bad prospect, it just means that Minter fits what you are looking for better.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Alright, someone needs to help me understand this. There are reports that the New York Jets are interested in Cordarelle Patterson with the 8th overall pick. Last year, they moved up to take Stephen Hill in the second round, but didn't have a system or QB to best utilize Hill's talents. Meanwhile, your head coach has declared that he wants to attack defenses more, but still doesn't have the QB to best utilize that strategy.

That mess is so bad that it wouldn't surprise me if Stephen Hill gets cut after the 2013 season due to lack of production. While he gets on with a better team and coaching staff, to show a little of what he was capable of.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Brian Billick did a good job of putting the Manti Teo situation into perspective. We have to remember that, at worst, this shows insecurity on his part going along with a hoax or that the guy is as naive as can be away from the field. We are not dealing with a criminal.

To get back to what Greg Cosell talked about, Kevin Minter does a better job of taking on and shedding blockers, and is a better coverage LB.

I am very interested to see how Manti tests compared to Minter. I am hoping that we get the best available DT, ILB, FS or WR in the first round. Would love an OT but don't see one being worth end of first round pick. I will throw up in my mouth if the Ravens draft Barret Jones with the first round pick. There is way too much talent for the end of the first round to take a guy like Jones.

Last year I did not expect Upshaw to go before our pick and if Ozzie targeted him I definitely wanted him to drop down before picking him. Upshaw was not a good pass rushing prospect and certainly not worthy of a first. That has not changed after his first year in the league. Not one redraft has upshaw in the first round. Maybe he will develop some type of pass rush but he is a solid 2nd round pick.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind DJ Fluker in the early 2nd if we decide to trade back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Brian Billick did a good job of putting the Manti Teo situation into perspective. We have to remember that, at worst, this shows insecurity on his part going along with a hoax or that the guy is as naive as can be away from the field. We are not dealing with a criminal.

To get back to what Greg Cosell talked about, Kevin Minter does a better job of taking on and shedding blockers, and is a better coverage LB.
    Pretty much if we re-signe Ellerbe, the Te'o discussion is not relevant. The ILB we take will be Minter or Alonzo or somebody like that, whether we use the first pick on that position will depend on who BPA is at #32.

And if Teo tests well at the combine, it's also irrelevant, because he'll be gone before we pick.

Blog Entries

There looks to be some fast offensive linemen in this draft. They are already showing times for the 10 yard split. Did they already do it? Why wouldn't they televise that, since that's more relative to judging an offensive lineman?

Blog Entries

They already did the splits. Mike Mayock, by the way, is already up on his Notre Dame favoritism. Warming it up early.

Teron Armstead continues to impress with a 4.65 40 yd (That's just stupid) and the best 10 yd. split at 1.64, has really good feet.