Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Greetings from the UK

Hi guys,

Just a quick message to introduce myself. I starting following the NFL properly again this season after having about 20 years away from your glorious sport. I picked up a copy of the new Maddens 13 and saw this Ray Lewis chap giving a chest thumping speech at the start and though to myself "who the hell is this nutter??! I want to know more.."

So I got on youtube and found this monster of a MLB destroying running backs, killing QB's and acting like some kind of modern Napoleon on the sidelines..

So, I got the bug back and thought I'd follow you guys..

What transpired was that I found your city, your fans and your team have this never say die attitude (which kind of fits in well with the Brits) nothing flashy, good, honest players giving 110% for the cause..

I was hooked. I managed to watch the Colts, Bronco's and Pats playoffs live and off course took the Monday off work to watch the glorious Super bowl victory (I saw the trophy finally lifted at 5.30am Uk time, thank god for the monday off work..)

Anyway, I hope you guys don't mind if I hang out here occasionally, picking your brains on all the inside bits of US football I am unsure of and generally want to get involved more with supporting the ravens from now on..

Toddy
    Last edited by Toddyvegas; 02-21-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Re: Greetings from the UK

Welcome to the bandwagon. There are a few posters here from across the pond. Leachisbeast posts here almost everyday. You two should maybe chat.

Blog Entries

Welcome to Ravens Nation!
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Welcome aboard. You will find that this forum and many of our members have been Anglophiles. e.g. do you toss celery at opposing fans? Do you ham it up for TV cameras, using the Union Jack as a cape? Several members from the good side of the Channel have spent time in Baltimore or Ocean City: e.g. IrishRaven and Fells Point Raven.

I suggest that you visit our UK Forum. Go into the archives to read about the visits. They also have a web-site or Facebook or some other means of getting together.

Oh, btw, our behind the scenes boss, Admin Steve, is a Limey who sounds almost American when he talks, until he meets up with UK visitors (includes my son-in-law), when he gets almost not understandable!

:T2:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Thank you all for your warm welcome! I will indeed check out the Uk forum. I would guess there aren't that many Ravens fans here, more 49'ers, Bronco and Pat fans (and some Bears as well no doubt)

But I live in Rugby country (wales, the land of Tom Jones) so not too many NFL fans to talk to (well, none actually.) So I am glad to have found a forum to chew over for the new season..

Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard. You picked a good forum to visit. Make sure it's your only one:)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Welcome to the bandwagon. There are a few posters here from across the pond. Leachisbeast posts here almost everyday. You two should maybe chat.
    Yoohooo only me.....

Blog Entries

He rogered the boogley!

Quote Originally Posted by Toddyvegas View Post
    So I got on youtube and found this monster of a MLB destroying running backs, killing QB's and acting like some kind of modern Napoleon on the sidelines..
    Napoleon? Hardly. More likely Owain Glyndwr.

Welcome, welcome

You joined a good forum and support the best team. Lots of fans here from this side of the pond.

It takes a special kind of madness to go to bed for a few hours and then get up for Monday Night Football lol.

Or check pre-season games and forum banter at 2am.

Or suffer past 4:00am losing to the Jags :grbac: Longest game ever, well it felt like the longest anyway.

Showing up to work tired and pale during the season and the boss assumes you have a drinking problem :hammer:

But it's all worth it in the end

Welcome aboard, the UK was home for me for 7 wonderful years, Newmarket to be specific. I was very privileged to have parents that treated the Super Bowl as a holiday and let us have school off the next day since the game was on so late. In all honesty, most of the families stationed at Air Force Bases in the UK did the same.

Now, tell me your a Tottenham supporter and you're more than alright in my book ;)