Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Blog Entries

Re: Ray Rice has been quiet

The problem is when players become great, fans expect greatness every time they step onto the field, and they become heavily scrutinized if they don't have an amazing game or fuck something up. The same people are the ones bashing Suggs, but forget what Suggs had to come back from to even play this year.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The problem is when players become great, fans expect greatness every time they step onto the field, and they become heavily scrutinized if they don't have an amazing game or fuck something up. The same people are the ones bashing Suggs, but forget what Suggs had to come back from to even play this year.
    I disagree with this statement. Usually great players get the benefit of the doubt with fans. Rice has never been criticize for having a bad game until these playoffs when he strung together 3 not so great performances. When he had a bad game prior it was always Cam did not use him enough or the oline played poorly. When great QBs have bad game. It was oline did not protect, receivers dropped balls or it was poorly called game. Once you hit elite status your play is typically overrated even as it declines. It is only when it becomes obviously bad do people start to call it out. Case and Point is Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Their play over the last three years would have been heavily criticized if they were anyone else. I did not see people bashing Suggs. People pointed out that he was not back to 100% and that he was heavy. No one bashed him. People recognized the defense got better with him but he was clearly still not all the way back from his injury. I don't thin anyone expected him to be. It was amazing that he made it back at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I disagree with this statement. Usually great players get the benefit of the doubt with fans. Rice has never been criticize for having a bad game until these playoffs when he strung together 3 not so great performances. When he had a bad game prior it was always Cam did not use him enough or the oline played poorly. When great QBs have bad game. It was oline did not protect, receivers dropped balls or it was poorly called game. Once you hit elite status your play is typically overrated even as it declines. It is only when it becomes obviously bad do people start to call it out. Case and Point is Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Their play over the last three years would have been heavily criticized if they were anyone else. I did not see people bashing Suggs. People pointed out that he was not back to 100% and that he was heavy. No one bashed him. People recognized the defense got better with him but he was clearly still not all the way back from his injury. I don't thin anyone expected him to be. It was amazing that he made it back at all.
    The last three years overall Reed and Lewis have been really solid (discounting this year). I think its the other way around, when an aging player that has had a great career starts to decline slightly, people take it way out of proportion and make them out to be really bad players. Ray Lewis was probably below average this year, Reed was above average, but the two years before this one, they were both probably pro bowl level players going by film.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Rice is a great runner, but he has trouble following his blocks sometimes, so there are games where he leaves a lot of yards on the field.

I think next year, they need to split the carries fairly evenly between Rice and Pierce, kind of like Carolina with Williams and Stewart.
    Especially this past season, he wouldn't always follow Leach. Also he doesn't bounce runs to the outside as much anymore. I understand sometimes its better to take a dive up the middle for a 1 or 2 yard gain, but sometimes he has space to the outside and the speed to get there, yet he doesn't.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    A) Don't we already have one (Allen)?

B) After one season, Ozzie has Pierce labeled as a guy who will miss a lot of time? Link please.
    Not really a secret... The man has had injury problems since college (it derailed his heisman attempt).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorman82 View Post
    Fumbles? Rice had ONE fumble the entire regular season. He's not a fumbler. But yes, something was wrong in the playoffs. He has NEVER fumbled more than once in a given post-season before. That makes it a fluke.
    "I don't always fumble...but when I do...I prefer to fumble in the playoffs"

Blog Entries

B) After one season, Ozzie has Pierce labeled as a guy who will miss a lot of time? Link please.
    I'd prefer Bobby Rainey being #3. I've seen nothing special from Allen since he has been on the squad.

Blog Entries

Good luck with that.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

I'd prefer Bobby Rainey being #3. I've seen nothing special from Allen since he has been on the squad.
    Allen may not bring much as a runner, but he was a good ST's player this past season. He made several plays and blocks that sprang JJ loose and/or shut down the opposition.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post

Not really a secret... The man has had injury problems since college (it derailed his heisman attempt).
    His last year st Temple he was pretty healthy IIRC.

Blog Entries

Marcus Lattimore in the 5th/6th round? Would anyone be happy/pissed off with that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Marcus Lattimore in the 5th/6th round? Would anyone be happy/pissed off with that?
    Willis was able to recover from a devastating knee injury and put together a solid career. Why not? He might not even make it to 5/6 round if his injury recover leaves teams confident enough.