Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: "Seven Nation" chant & Ravens: is this our intangible "cheesehead", our "terrible towel"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    btw...They were playing that when we scored in the Superdome, half the stadium singing along then the loud "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT" was awsome.
    I was at the Super Bowl and sitting with lots of San Fran fans. When the Ravens Fight song was played and fight fight fight was yelled, it was louder than I have ever heard at M&T! The folks around me were surprised that we had a football team song to sing along with!

Blog Entries

Re: "Seven Nation" chant & Ravens: is this our intangible "cheesehead", our "terrible towel"?

In my country we have a sport called darts ; ) it is becoming more and more popular.

On of the up and coming players is michael van gerwen from holland, who seemingly has become a fan favourite for not only being amazing at throwing darts and being a thoroughly nice bloke but because he has the 7NA chant that fits with his name and has become his theme tune.

OOOOO, ooo, OO, oo, oo, ooooo, oooooo...
    MIGH-ty MICH-ael van gerwen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUT2a...e_gdata_player

I think that it is ours now, and we should take it. Lets not worry about the fact that its been around for years. The O sound is an all encompassing Baltimore sound. We have the Os, and its the sound that we are most known for in our dialect. As in, "Im goin downee OOcean(phonetically almost A- shun.) So i think we should embrace it, and make it even better. We need everyone doing it, and for a long time. Not just half the ppl, and then it fades out after 3 versus. If the whole entire crowd at MandT bust that out for like 10 minutes at our Thursday Opener, that would be amazing, and quite a treat to hear over the telecast.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    I was at the Super Bowl and sitting with lots of San Fran fans. When the Ravens Fight song was played and fight fight fight was yelled, it was louder than I have ever heard at M&T! The folks around me were surprised that we had a football team song to sing along with!
    Yeah, I had 2 sitting next to me, the rest were all Ravens fans around. Indeed they were suprised!
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

5. Re: "Seven Nation" chant & Ravens: is this our intangible "cheesehead", our "terrible towel"?

Been lurking here since 08 and just made an account to chime in here.

I'm kinda blown by all the people saying we should retire the chant. Why would we ever? You're gonna sit there and tell me you DIDN'T get chills hearing the 7NA chant over the TV in foxborough, and then New Orleans? Yea maybe we didn't invent the shit and yea maybe it's annoying but it's just one of those things that caught on and we've run with it. These things kinda catch on organically, doesn't matter what it is really as long as it sticks. How many Packers fans are actually that excited about cheese? How many Steelers fans are actually that hyped about those stupid yellow towels? They're not, it's just something that caught on with those teams and those fans so they roll with it.

Me, I don't even like purple. Hate it. I ESPECIALLY don't like purple camo. But every Friday and every game day you better believe I'm getting decked out in an absurd amount of it. Those are our colors. Just kinda happened that way. Same as the 7NA chant. It started, caught on, and now we're runnin with it. To try to "retire" it in favor of something else A) wouldn't work and B) just wouldn't be the same. We've got something that the whole community can get in on and lets other teams and fans know just how well ravens fans travel. We're keepin it.

6. Re: "Seven Nation" chant & Ravens: is this our intangible "cheesehead", our "terrible towel"?

First post is a doublepost...off to a good start!
    Last edited by Empiresteve; 02-10-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Noob

We really got under the SF49ers fans skin with that chant at NOLA. A couple was pointing out that their fans suck because they can't do something like that. The guy sitting next to me was annoyed at his fans because it was not until the late 3rd quarter that they even thought of cheering.

It's getting a bit annoying and old... but it is a constant, loud and synchronized chant for intimidation factor, and for all intensive purposes in the NFL is attached to our team. As much as you might not like it, I'd be willing to bet it gave you goosebumps hearing it throughout the playoffs after a major play.

Unless something new can be started that is as effective, it should stay. Something like 'What's our name, Ravens' doesn't seem to me like it would have that same impact.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
    As much as you might not like it, I'd be willing to bet it gave you goosebumps hearing it throughout the playoffs after a major play.
    It gave me goosebumps when we were waiting in long security lines in tunnels/garages around and underneath the Super Dome.

Blog Entries

I don't mind using it in the stadium in certain situations, but like I said, having people doing it ALL OVER THE PLACE just cheapens it, IMO.

The "What's Our Name, RAVENS" thing DOESN'T work in the stands as much, but is a great standalone thing. Kind've like a "clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose" thing.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I think it's our Thing now. Other teams do use it, but those teams are in other sports like we've said (soccer, college football, etc.)

I recently had two new people move into my apartment from Germany and England. They are huge soccer fans and they root for the Ravens now--not only because the person who taught them American football was me (:D) but also because the chant is rowdy and recognizable, which are soccer qualities. When they were watching the SB and could hear it through the TV, they got really excited.
    Well that's because Brits and Euros in general like to chant and write songs/poems rather than watch games! :p (I keed I keed!)

Me, I like teams to dance (All Blacks haka and squirrel) before the game instead and just #BuckleUpYourChinStrap (or head gear if it's rugby). ;)
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

I just made the mashup my ringtone!