Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: "Seven Nation" chant & Ravens: is this our intangible "cheesehead", our "terrible towel"?

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I sing the fight song every morning before a big game, especially if I'm going to it. Maybe because it's so old-school is the reason it gets to me. The melody and the lyrics (even adjusted for the Ravens) just sound classic, kinda like the phrase "Put that bull across the line."
    "ball" across the line ;)

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/raven...ight-song.html

Re: "Seven Nation" chant & Ravens: is this our intangible "cheesehead", our "terrible towel"?

Look at it this way, it's a helluva lot fucking better than "Who Let the Dogs Out?" from the '00 SB run. Good lord, that was awful....:grbac:
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Look at it this way, it's a helluva lot fucking better than "Who Let the Dogs Out?" from the '00 SB run. Good lord, that was awful....:grbac:
    Not as bad as this: http://youtu.be/hgPgd20dcwo?t=18s

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Drew Carey... Cleveland Rocks? Cleveland sucks so bad Russia makes fun of it.

Blog Entries

As far as the chant.

I used to love it, and I love hearing it on the road, but man sitting at work and have it randomly echo in my head as if I was at a home game has got to stop. So I would be ok if we found something else, but it doesn't bother me that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Drew Carey... Cleveland Rocks?
    Yes...and then they go out and got absolutely destroyed by the Steelers 40-something to nothing....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Hahaha, yes, that's what I meant! :D What a ridiculous/awesome typo that was ...
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Cleveland Rocks is a great song, and makes perfect sense for Cleveland to use as an anthem.

I'm all for the 7NA chant being our thing. Don't really care if we were "first" with it, or whether it's used in soccer or at some college games. Hearing that chant rain down in the second half in New England, and hearing it loud and clear during the Superdome blackout... it was thrilling, a way to know just how well the Ravens were traveling this postseason. Those were national games, and in the minds of casual observers that song is now branded to the Ravens. Who cares if other teams play the song in their stadium? I hear Welcome to the Jungle all over the place, but I still associate it with the Bengals. 7NA travels a lot better too.

I don't think this one's going to fade away any time soon.

Great article: http://deadspin.com/5921772/how-seve...e-sports-world

i say we embrace it for at least another year or two.

It was EVERYWHERE down in NOLA --- great to hear our team chant in the streets and at the game !

i also would like to see the LETS GO FLACCO chant return

How about "Ravens Will Soar"? Anybody?

What's worse for Miami Marlins fans than having to endure numerous team fire sales by ownership? Why, that would be having to listen to the dude from Creed offer up a song for the team as a "gift"....