Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: I need some help for my football hating wife

Now mind you, she had off of work today and went to lunch with a friend.....doing nothing productive for that time. I believe she's a LAZY ass :)

Re: I need some help for my football hating wife

How about this:

"I'm sorry, honey. A seven nation army couldn't hold me back."

3. Re: I need some help for my football hating wife

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    How about this:

"I'm sorry, honey. A seven nation army couldn't hold me back."
    That's awesomely funny, but she wouldn't get it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clangjr View Post
    It just seems like she thinks football is primitive. I say go in there and lay down the law.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by clangjr View Post
    Once again my man, it is pretty telling to me that your wife is going to Facebook to air out her grievances and you're coming to a RAVENS message board of all places to find a suitable rebuttal......I implore you (assuming you live with your wife, lol) to go to her and talk this stuff out. It's def. not about football or your lunch break excursion. Work it out duder

Blog Entries

Look, when it comes to the wife, generally retorting can only lead to worse...I would not post anything on Facebook and instead just focus on what you say to her in private.

If you did nothing dishonest with work, then what's the problem? I used a vacation day at work, cleared it with my boss last week. I pulled my son out of his pre-K, which we have to do routinely for wife's treatments or days where her side effects are rough. Football is a game, but I'm sure people might do the same for Inauguration Day, or a Papal Visit? The big issue I have with people yesterday were the idiots who resorted to mob mentality type stuff, like scaling fences, pushing others out of the way, knocking over barricades, etc. Generally, MOST people in the stadium were politely seated and acted in a smart, decent manner. To me, the well behaved vs poorly behaved...that's something as a parent, I'm making sure to show my son. You CAN'T lump everyone who went down there in with the morons who think the rules don't apply to them. I was fully prepared, at 9:50am on the Light Rail, to tell my son "No, the stadium is too full, we have to watch the parade from whatever spot we can find".

Here's another thing, and if you need to "use" this when arguing with your wife...go right ahead. Backstory: My wife has cancer. She has been on chemo treatments since...December 2011 (It's Stage 4, so there's really no end date for the chemo, just keep going until one day if the spots go away). She goes to Hopkins every two weeks, and her treatment fell on Tuesday. Now, our usual plan is that someone else goes with her to treatments, and I either stay home with our kids, or my parents watch the kids while I go to work. Last week before the game had been played, I started asking her how she would feel, if we were to win, if I took our son with me. In my head, I felt guilt that he and I would be celebrating while she's going through treatments. But she was more concerned about our daughter, who is not even 2, and how she's work with a big crowd. Once my mom said she'd still watch her, she had ABSOLUTELY no problem with my son and I going. Why? Because the way he glowed and talked after it, the way he still remembers singing Seven Nation Army, and watching John Harbaugh and Ray Lewis....He's not even 5, but he GETS it. This is something that excites him. Go ask any other NFL club how often this happens for them. My wife's family are all Redskins fans, and they are absolutely DYING right now because they are watching Baltimore celebrate and bask in this, while it's been 20 years since they've been there.

Hopefully for your sake, she realizes that her opinion on this is a bit shortsighted.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

You have my sympathy.

She doesn't respect men .... probably learned behavior from her mom. I'd put up with it for maybe a minute.

Blog Entries

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    She trashes you on effing Facebook, and calls YOU an ass?

The last thing I'd do is respond on Facebook. I'd write that stuff on the inside of her Valentine's Day card.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

lo·bot·o·my
    noun \lō-ˈbä-tə-mē\

: surgical severance of nerve fibers connecting the frontal lobes to the thalamus performed especially formerly for the relief of some mental disorders

... but writing somthing cool in the Valentines card is a good idea too. It might promote the conversation others are urging.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

clang--
    FWIW, after her first comment, a simple, "Yes, dear!" kinda puts her in a spot for a second...

Either work it out with her or find a new wife...