Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Will Ravens reduce Boldin's 6 Million and Suggs 6.4 Million base salary and sign FB off Buffalo practice squad?

Looks like moves already being made. Laconfora reports Ravens to reduce base salaries of Boldin and Suggs in 2013. Also, they sign FB off Buffalo practice squad. I think Leach might be a cap casualty, it's possible.

Re: Ravens to reduce Boldin's 6 Million and Suggs 6.4 Million base salary and sign FB off Buffalo practice squad

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Looks like moves already being made. Laconfora reports Ravens to reduce base salaries of Boldin and Suggs in 2013. Also, they sign FB off Buffalo practice squad. I think Leach might be a cap casualty, it's possible.
    Well, if this is true, I'm 3-for-3 so far in guessing what will happen with the Ravens offseason. Although, I wouldn't read too much into the Leach thing just yet. This is good news for those of us (and I think it's pretty much everyone) who wanted Quan back next year.

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens to reduce Boldin's 6 Million and Suggs 6.4 Million base salary and sign FB off Buffalo practice squad

with next year being the last year of Boldins contract wouldnt they have to extend his contract to lower his base salary? usually when they lower a base salary they change it into a bonus so it can be spread over the contract but if the contract isnt extended it wouldnt change the cap number unless he agreed to just take less money for just next year which i would be very surprised at

Blog Entries

Looks like Boldin will get extended, would be a good move, so much for the cutting Boldin reports. Not so sure if I like restructuring Suggs contract, but you gotta do what you gotta do, and it kooks like our cap situation wont be so bad after 2014 anyway.

On the FB front, the Ravens were also interested in a FB at the senior bowl, so it looks like cutting Leach may be a reality, as it pains me to say this, its for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    with next year being the last year of Boldins contract wouldnt they have to extend his contract to lower his base salary? usually when they lower a base salary they change it into a bonus so it can be spread over the contract but if the contract isnt extended it wouldnt change the cap number unless he agreed to just take less money for just next year which i would be very surprised at
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Looks like Boldin will get extended, would be a good move, so much for the cutting Boldin reports. Not so sure if I like restructuring Suggs contract, but you gotta do what you gotta do, and it kooks like our cap situation wont be so bad after 2014 anyway.

On the FB front, the Ravens were also interested in a FB at the senior bowl, so it looks like cutting Leach may be a reality, as it pains me to say this, its for the best.
    The Ravens will have to cut someone and Leach is probably less valuable than Jones or Boldin.

I just read the LaCanfora article through his twitter link. This is pure speculation on his end. He never says the Ravens will do this or are doing this, he merely says they "might" do this. Looks like Boulder has led us down another speculation-as-fact trail yet again

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I just read the LaCanfora article through his twitter link. This is pure speculation on his end. He never says the Ravens will do this or are doing this, he merely says they "might" do this. Looks like Boulder has led us down another speculation-as-fact trail yet again
    Give it a rest. blowhard. I merely stated what LaConfora stated and the Ravens intentions. LaConfora is usually money 99% of the time. Obviously, they intend on extending Q, and reworking Suggs deal (they likely could of gone after the money with the Achilles thing but didnt and now he is helping the team out) Ravens are all class. They paid Kindle when they didnt have too also. I wasnt reported as though the ink is dry yet.

:girlfight And so it begins.......

Misleading thread title. Inaccurate summary of an article with no link?

Yeah... This thread is not long for the world.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

I think Yanda would be a candidate to add a couple years onto his deal. I think he has 3 years left and is one of the best guards in the game and probably can remain at that level for at least another 5 years, but im not sure what his cap number is and im also not sure he would agree to this since he took a below market deal to stay

Blog Entries

Kirwin and Ryan interviewed Boldin yesterday on Sirius. Boldin was asked about a 3 year extension. He said he's not even thinking about contracts.