Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Respect?

Respect?

A lot of people here said that once we won a Super Bowl we would get respect.

Watching ESPN today and I am not feeling that respect.

Hasslebeck continuing to say Joe Flacco isn't a top 10 QB. Saying the no call was horrendous.

Mangini saying that not only did Jimmy Smith interfere but Corey Graham also did on the backside of the play.

Skip Bayless saying that the 49ers lost the game.

Just goes to show you that teams like us can't look to the mainstream for support or celebration. We need to come together as a community. Tomorrow is going to be amazing and no amount of complaining from these bozo's will change that we are World Champions.

Re: Respect?

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    A lot of people here said that once we won a Super Bowl we would get respect.

Watching ESPN today and I am not feeling that respect.

Hasslebeck continuing to say Joe Flacco isn't a top 10 QB. Saying the no call was horrendous.

Mangini saying that not only did Jimmy Smith interfere but Corey Graham also did on the backside of the play.

Skip Bayless saying that the 49ers lost the game.

Just goes to show you that teams like us can't look to the mainstream for support or celebration. We need to come together as a community. Tomorrow is going to be amazing and no amount of complaining from these bozo's will change that we are World Champions.
    It's really disappointing in my opinion. That still doesn't take away from us and it still feels amazing, but it's so obvious to me that if the 49ers had won in the same fashion, there would be zero talk of the officiating, and Kaep would be crowned the greatest ever.

Blog Entries

Stick to the NFL network, they are normally much more complimentary of us, other than certain hated analysts like Heath Evans.

Guys, we will never get the respect we deserve. It's just not going to happen. So the best thing the Ravens can do is simply continue to win and stick their middle fingers in the faces of the media.

"It's never easy and it's never pretty, but that is the way we do it in Baltimore."

F*ck 'em...

Kiss the ring.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Stick to the NFL network, they are normally much more complimentary of us, other than certain hated analysts like Heath Evans.
    Yup. Many of the guys were saying it was a good no call and were pointing out how Culliver was mugging Torrey all night and it wasn't called.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    F*ck 'em...

Kiss the ring.
    Exactly.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I caught some of Hasselbeck ranting and raving on Collin Cowherd's show a few minutes ago. I only listened for a little bit before I switched. (I don't really listen to Cowhered anyway) Wow, is this guy bitter. What exactly is his beef with this team? I know he was cut from the team in preseason(?) a long time ago but outside of that..... what? WTF Timmy?

Well Bayliss is a crazy person. Steven A even said so :)

Look, the non call not only was consistent with how the game was being officiated, the replay clearly shows that Crabtree initiates the contact, and that the ball was uncatchable in bounds. Anybody whining about that, or the supposed Ed Reed being offsides on the 2 point conversion(IMO he perfectly timed it), should be told about the non-call on Torrey Smith that would have set up a score, or the non-call on Flacco getting hit six yards out of bounds that would have set up a likely TD instead of FG.

Analysts hate being wrong. They never want to capitulate. We could have had no blackout, and won 42-16, and they'd still be whining about something. We all know it. They hate being wrong.

10. Re: Respect?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    I caught some of Hasselbeck ranting and raving on Collin Cowherd's show a few minutes ago. I only listened for a little bit before I switched. (I don't really listen to Cowhered anyway) Wow, is this guy bitter. What exactly is his beef with this team? I know he was cut from the team in preseason(?) a long time ago but outside of that..... what? WTF Timmy?
    LOL I heard that too...was laughing so hard. Someone's butt hurt!!! :ww:

Blog Entries

The 49ers never once had the lead in that game last night. Anyone saying that they "lost" the game as opposed to the Ravens winning the game is hopeless. These "pundits" are just trying to save face, because their predictions were proven wrong again.

What's that...holding a receiver on the last crucial play on 4th down?

The Atlanta Falcons say, "hi".