Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can somebody explain Schefter's cap figure to me?

Where is Schefter coming up with the numbers that have us projected at $5 mill over the cap before even signing Flacco? Everything I've seen suggests that we're about $17.5 mill under without Flacco (http://russellstreetreport.com/salar...ns-salary-cap/). If Schefter's numbers are accurate and say, for instance, we franchise Flacco, putting us at about $20 mill over, how the hell are we going to field a team next year? We'd be $20 mill over without the following guys under contract: Ellerbe, Kruger, Cary Williams, Ray Lewis (obviously), Ed Reed, McKinnie, Pitta, Dickson, Art Jones, Kemoeatu, Ihedigbo. Are Schefter's numbers really accurate? I'm confused.

Blog Entries

Re: Can somebody explain Schefter's cap figure to me?

Go to Ravor's articles on this site and ignore everyone else. These guys will print anything without the analysis needed to get an accurate cap number. Ravor is the only source for Ravens cap information that anyone should be using.

Yep, ignore it.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    Where is Schefter coming up with the numbers that have us projected at $5 mill over the cap before even signing Flacco? Everything I've seen suggests that we're about $17.5 mill under without Flacco (http://russellstreetreport.com/salar...ns-salary-cap/). If Schefter's numbers are accurate and say, for instance, we franchise Flacco, putting us at about $20 mill over, how the hell are we going to field a team next year? We'd be $20 mill over without the following guys under contract: Ellerbe, Kruger, Cary Williams, Ray Lewis (obviously), Ed Reed, McKinnie, Pitta, Dickson, Art Jones, Kemoeatu, Ihedigbo. Are Schefter's numbers really accurate? I'm confused.
    We couldn't even tag Flacco until we cleared out the capspace in that instance....

If you bend over in front of a mirror and spread your cheaks you wil see where Shefter got the number. Not a pretty place.

Just listen to ravor... He's within a million almost guaranteed.

Blog Entries

The concerning rumor/theory/idea I've heard recently is that if we franchise Joe, we may have to use the exclusive tag, which would be not 14 mil but 20 MIL! The idea is, if Joe wins us a Super Bowl, with a weak QB market this year, some team may be willing to part with 2 1st rounders for him.

But yeah, everything I understand is that we'd have room to franchise Joe and take care of RFA/ERFA/rookie pool, but that'd be it.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

B-Ravor is guru in this area... Shefter would be wise to hit Brian up for the 411!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

iggyman555 Guest

yea i think b ravor should tweet shefter lol

Hell, John Clayton who is normally generally in the ball park says we'll have $15+ in cap room.

I literally have no idea where Shefter is getting those numbers.

I mean Ravor acknowledged and Clayton would too that our final number after all the tenders that it we'd be down to around $5-7 million UNDER so maybe that's where Schefter got his number from...instead of saying it'll be 5 under, he says 5 over.

Either way...there is still a lot of work to be done.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Maybe he is thinking about his beloved steelers and can't accept the fact it's the Ravens playing today, not the steelers. LOL

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

T-F--
    I'd suggest going with those who have pointed you towards Ravor. He has proven time and again that he understands the CAP, has shared his information with any and all who are interested, and while a Ravens fan, doesn't seem to have any hidden agenda to spin or otherwise shade the "truth" on any team's CAP situation.

Consider that "bad news" tends to get more sales (read:hits on the WEB), and you can make a significant bet that guys like Shefter have either not done a quality homework job, or are purposefully spinning the data to create a story where there isn't one or a less exciting one, or both.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I mean Ravor acknowledged and Clayton would too that our final number after all the tenders that it we'd be down to around $5-7 million UNDER so maybe that's where Schefter got his number from...instead of saying it'll be 5 under, he says 5 over.
    That's what I was wondering -- whether he's factoring in all the RFA's, ERFA's and draft picks estimated based on slot (since we have I think 11 draft picks this year)? I mean, yeah we all know it's going to get tight eventually, but I can't see where he's come up with +5 million.

Or whether he's factored in any additional cap savings with Ray's salary coming off.

We can just look at the spread sheet. Clayton just reported Ravens are 15 million under the cap with Ray Lewis's impending retirement. Shefter is flat out WRONG. Ravors numbers are similar to Claytons figure as well.