Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 ... LastLast

Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Well, is Florio wrong?

Hate it or not, this is where we are with pro athletes and PED's and he's right.

The absence of a failed drug test is not proof these days, thanks to masking agents, new science etc.

I am very troubled that we do not have a public denial from Ray on this. When I'm not ruining message boards, I interview and interrogate people for a living. His emphatic explanations that are being used as denials by some are not denials. Innocent people are emphatic AND deny. Unless I missed it, I have not seen a clip where he's actually denied the allegation.

Nobody hopes more than I do that I'm wrong but it sounds as though he did indeed take this crap. Good thing here is the dude who sold it to him has a reputation lower than whale shit.
    lance Armstrong denied.

Even if he took of, professionals say it doesn't have the banned substance in it

Well, is Florio wrong?

Hate it or not, this is where we are with pro athletes and PED's and he's right.

The absence of a failed drug test is not proof these days, thanks to masking agents, new science etc.

I am very troubled that we do not have a public denial from Ray on this. When I'm not ruining message boards, I interview and interrogate people for a living. His emphatic explanations that are being used as denials by some are not denials. Innocent people are emphatic AND deny. Unless I missed it, I have not seen a clip where he's actually denied the allegation.

Nobody hopes more than I do that I'm wrong but it sounds as though he did indeed take this crap. Good thing here is the dude who sold it to him has a reputation lower than whale shit.
    Frankly, yes he is. There is no proof to any of this whatsoever. The only thing anyone has on this is Mitch Ross saying it happened. Where's the video? Where are the text messages? Where is there any concrete proof?

This never should have been a story without these very basic things. You have an ex-stripper with no credibility and an obvious agenda, yet we are supposed to take him at his word and give him the benefit of the doubt? Please. This is such a non-story that it isn't even worth the words I've just typed. I'm moving on.

Not that I saw.

He deflected the question three times by my count, saying he wouldn't "give it the press" and that he wouldn't answer the question.

If anyone has a link to it, I'd like to see it in full since I missed the first 3 minutes or so.

Blog Entries
    Pretty disappointing but not Surprising.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries
    Mike and Mike just won't let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    lance Armstrong denied.

Even if he took of, professionals say it doesn't have the banned substance in it
    The Armstrong example proves Florios point -- the absence of a failed drug test doesn't prove innocence.

And professional (just one) said it "might" not have the banned substance.

Blog Entries
    Astrong is a terrible example. He used for years and covered up and habitually lied.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Astrong is a terrible example. He used for years and covered up and habitually lied.
    Yes. He did do all of that.

He also passed drug tests. That was Florios point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    To HRs point, that could be what Ray did as well.

I do think he addressed the issue during media day, and did so to my satisfaction of somebody not guilty. He said he didnt do it, seemed upset by the allegations and denied them more press to hock their product/agenda. I dont know how else youd want him to answer that question?
    -JAB

I'm glad Ray didn't give them the time of day. He knows how to handle this accusation. The media will have a field day with it and some will question Rays credibilty. Ray is playing his last game Sunday and he is only thinking about the game and his team being in the SB. It is good fodder for the haters of Ray and the Ravens. I'm watching the game Sunday with high exppectations from the Ravens. Media and haters will have a lot to talk about after the game.
    For those who want answers about steriods, good luck, steroids have been around for a while / If he doesn't test positive, you must acquit.(or something like that). Armstrong is totally different, just like Clinton, he believed what he wanted to believe. If the NFL has testing issues, well thats their problem( along with helmet to helmet hitting, bad referees, and salary caps). I'll just watch the game, any other thing, I'm not interested in. GO RAVENS !

Ok, here's the interview ....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-...nned-substance

Again, not seeing a denial, only refusals to answer the question.

Blog Entries

Yes. He did do all of that.

He also passed drug tests. That was Florios point.
    And Armstrong publicly denied so how does doing so hold more weight?

If Ray know's he didn't do it (hell even if he did) he know's it can't be proven, he know's it's a non story. Why does he even need to talk about it? Move on, next question, that would be my attitude, I don't have to deny that I did anything.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"