Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: Who really has homefield advantage...

just check out the super bowl packages online, ravens have been sold out for a while while there are plenty of 49er packages available

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    just check out the super bowl packages online, ravens have been sold out for a while while there are plenty of 49er packages available
    And reportedly Ravens fans are buying up the Niner's packages.

Where are some of you getting that SB trips are sold out?

Ravens Trips still has packages and a quick google search found me others as well.

And I don't see anything to suggest SF packages are being bought up by Ravens fans.

Link please?

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I strongly suspect the crowd is going to heavily be in favor of the Ravens.

First, the Niners have a weak fan base and have for years. That much was readily apparent looking at the respective send-off's for the teams. They aren't much for traveling either. You don't really see thousands of Niner fans at games in Seattle or Arizona. Granted it's not a car drive away, but these are supposed to be rich, affluent types, they could afford it. On the other hand, in the AFCC game, there were more than 10K Ravens fans at Gillette, some estimated even more than that.

Second, the Ravens seem to be the sentimental favorite. Not sure if it's Ray's Last Ride, or them being the underdog with the chip on the shoulder, or what, but the feeling I get is that more people want to see the Ravens win than the Niners. I don't think either team is especially liked, but in NO, the Niners are especially disliked. Not that many NO natives will be there.

I think that the real reason is the first point, that the Ravens fanbase travels well, and this rabidity will translate to raw numbers, as well as a lot of noise.
    True Dat on:

Raven Nation travels! We may have a NATIONAL fanbase on par w/ Carolina or Jax, but we get there and ain't afraid to go nuts when we do.

Ray's story beats the best storyline SF has got (i.e. exciting rookie QB) even w/ haters included.

Locals have a choice of NFC loyalty or Niners' schadenfreudje ( I have no idea how that is spelled!) In a year in which they're hating the NFL altogether, they will vote outlaw and root for us.

Remember all: the REAL homefield advantage goes to Ford or Proctor & Gamble (or just possibly - Beyonce).

Which fanbase has more of a NATIONAL fanbase? Is this even in question?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    ot: whos your soccer team
    Stoke city all day mate

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Footballfanofsteel View Post
    Which fanbase has more of a NATIONAL fanbase? Is this even in question?
    A NATIONAL fanbase of bandwogners who will all soon be gone with your 8-8 team that gets beat by Tebow.

The Baltimore Sun reported that Orbitz is reporting that there is 108% more Ravens fans booking SB47 trips than 9er fans: http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...ans-49ers-fans

Those Ravens fans at home watching the game, just listen for two things - the "OH" in the National Anthem and the 7 Nation Army chants that will break out. We'll be there, representing Ravens Nation and LOUDER THAN HELL!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    A NATIONAL fanbase of bandwogners who will all soon be gone with your 8-8 team that gets beat by Tebow.

Haha. I didn't even mention the Steelers! I was talking 9ers and Ravens. The Steelers have your fanbase mentally hijacked.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    The Baltimore Sun reported that Orbitz is reporting that there is 108% more Ravens fans booking SB47 trips than 9er fans: http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...ans-49ers-fans

Those Ravens fans at home watching the game, just listen for two things - the "OH" in the National Anthem and the 7 Nation Army chants that will break out. We'll be there, representing Ravens Nation and LOUDER THAN HELL!
    So more than a 2-1 ratio of Ravens fans vs Niner fans, just as expected.

The Superdome is dressed in purple banners.....even the people in the food booths are wearing purple.
    Way Down South in New Orleans