Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: America's Game? - If we win.

What I would like to see: Harbaugh, Flacco (after a few stiff drinks) and Pollard....with some snippets of commentary from Jack Harbaugh.

EDIT: And additional commentary by Lee Anne Touhy...anyone see her on CSN during the celebration? She was wonderful.

What I think we'll see: Harbaugh, Rice, Lewis.
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 02-08-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I would like to See Suggs and Boldin. But I don't think it'll be Suggs cause he didn't play all year.

I'm guessing. John, Joe and Reed.
    I am sure you are right...I do think they'll find a way to get Ray in as the 4th person though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    What I would like to see: Harbaugh, Flacco (after a few stiff drinks) and Pollard....with some snippets of commentary from Jack Harbaugh.

What I think we'll see: Harbaugh, Rice, Lewis.
    No way they don't include Joe. He has a huge "redemption" story going on here. I think these playoffs really took the national luster off of "Rice is their best player" arguments.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    No way they don't include Joe. He has a huge "redemption" story going on here. I think these playoffs really took the national luster off of "Rice is their best player" arguments.
    I think he will get offered, but if he has a choice, he declines.

I seriously doubt that.

Joe may be quiet and modest, but I don't think he turns down a chance to do the show. It potentially will make him more money as it will get his name and face out there, and frankly, I think he would like to show his pride in this team and to tell his story after the "elite" stuff blew up last year.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I think so too. And Boldin would be my next choice, but I could see it being Rice.

Does anyone know when these usually come out?

Harbaugh, Flacco, Jones, and Lewis. There's no way they do it without Ray Lewis. The media love him as much as he loves the media. Josh Charles would probably be a good narrator.

PS - anyone know when it might be produced and released? I would think shortly before next season?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I'm curious as to why anybody would think he would decline.

He certainly isn't declining the night show circuit...

You guys may be right...I don't know...he just seems like he shuns the limelight. Which I personally find admirable...."talk is cheap, let's go play."

Blog Entries

It just doesn't seem to fit his personality. His teammates had to push him to speak at the parade/celebration.

Maybe after his performance in the playoffs and SB MVP he's changed a little but I just don't seem him so ready to do it.

You guys may be right...I don't know...he just seems like he shuns the limelight. Which I personally find admirable...."talk is cheap, let's go play."
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It just doesn't seem to fit his personality. His teammates had to push him to speak at the parade/celebration.

Maybe after his performance in the playoffs and SB MVP he's changed a little but I just don't seem him so ready to do it.
    I get the modest thing. I agree he isn't a guy who is big on the spotlight.

But again, he is doing the talk show circuit with no problem...he was on Letterman Monday and he did the morning show with Strahan and Kelly this morning. He may not seek out the spotlight, but he strikes me as a guy who if asked, will do it. I really see no reason why he wouldn't...if he can be on live TV in a controlled environment that is really totally outside his element, he can do a the Americas Game show which is in an even more controlled environment and is right up his ally.

He's not a recluse.

I have a feeling the Ray Lewis, Ray Rice, Harbaugh and Flacco are locks. Joe to for the prespective of the change from Cam, R Rice to get the 4th and 29 perspective alone and Ray Lewis to explain the end game. I also think Torey Smith could be a possibility since he won the never say never moment of the year, losing his brother and playing the next day. Also Suggs for his unique flavor.

Joe will do it.

He had no problem doing Jaws' QB camp special this past offseason.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold