Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

Opposing team message boards, podcasts, radio, satellite, outer space.

Put it all here.

I've been looking for a Flacco thread on a Falcons board, but haven't found one (Yes, I know that's immature). Could someone help me out with that?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

Been doing the same thing, all they can talk about is firing Mike Smith, and how mass changes need to happen on the defense.

You wont find much blame for Matty Ice over there, nearly every single fan base or board will support their QB to the death, unless its Mark Sanchez, or Michael Vick (Philly fans), or Matt Cassel etc.

Lol I can't lie I peeked over there for a Ryan v.s. Flacco thread myself.

Blog Entries

I just saw that there is already a thread, but dag if that thread isn't long as hell. This one could hang in there, at least for a week.

Leach,

I will say that I do remember reading some doubt about Ryan after their loss to the Giants last year. However, they were more so similar to us in that they were trying to figure out whether or not it was the OC (Whom they fired) or Ryan.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Kinda OT but freakin Jamie Dukes

Only time I've liked the guy

I have been listenning to a lot of Boston Sports Talk Radio and here are my take aways:

1) There is a growing contingent that believes Brady does not have it anymore and they should go find a new QB.
    2) Most people understand that the Ravens won because they were the more physical team and that they put the ball in Flaccos hand and he stepped up.
    3) Bernard Pollard is by far the most hated Raven and as far as I can tell, he might be the most hated football player in New England not named Manning.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Been doing the same thing, all they can talk about is firing Mike Smith, and how mass changes need to happen on the defense.

You wont find much blame for Matty Ice over there, nearly every single fan base or board will support their QB to the death, unless its Mark Sanchez, or Michael Vick (Philly fans), or Matt Cassel etc.
    I could see Mike Smith being on the hot seat.

However, I dont know if anyone else noticed this, but did you guys see how Matt Ryan's passes majorly (MAJORLY) died after like 15 yards unless he put a ton of loft on the pass? It seemed like all of his receivers were having to go down low to get passes that were longer than 15 yards.

Ryan better hope he is a Falcon for life, because there is no way in hell he could play at a high level for an entire season in an outdoor stadium...especially in the north.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

However, I dont know if anyone else noticed this, but did you guys see how Matt Ryan's passes majorly (MAJORLY) died after like 15 yards unless he put a ton of loft on the pass? It seemed like all of his receivers were having to go down low to get passes that were longer than 15 yards.

Ryan better hope he is a Falcon for life, because there is no way in hell he could play at a high level for an entire season in an outdoor stadium...especially in the north.
    Have you seen "Matty Ice" numbers against top ranked defenses? They are down right appalling. I agree, while I think Matt Ryan would have had some success in Baltimore had we drafted him, but not as much as Joe has had. I'd say he puts up similar kind of regular season stats as Joe, but screws a ton of games up that Joe didn't at the start of his career. I doubt Matt Ryan would have made it to the conference game in 08, but I think he would have had more than 1 play off wins by now had he played here. Ultimately Joe has shown in this post season that you can put the ball into his hands and he can win you the big games, Matt Ryans biggest win was against the Seahawks at home last week, in a game they were lucky to win.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

No doubt Smith and Nolan got outcoached in the 2nd half but also Ryan was weak. Late in the half he separated his shoulder but the game was pretty much in hand by then. Big players/coaches step up in the biggest situations. These guys haven't shown they can do that yet. And last thing... there is no more tread on Turner...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I know from reading the atlantalife board that they do not want Flacco to win before Ryan.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Matt Ryan's weak arm isn't surprising to me - look at that narrow frame and skinny body. It's almost disturbingly narrow and frail looking.

Blog Entries

So far,

PTI: Michael Wilbon has certainly given respect to Joe Flacco. He admitted that he has been very critical of Joe Flacco in the past, but that Joe Flacco said he was Elite and that, while he won't call Flacco elite, he's has stepped up big time.

Around the Horn: Very complimentary about the Ravens as a whole. Unanimous that they didn't like the high spikes from Brady.

Mike and Mike in the Morning: High praise for Flacco from Greenberg and Golic. Chris Carter and Tim Hasslebeck continued to be the assholes they've painted themselves to be. Hasslebeck, in particular, screams jealousy and denial, not wanting to admit that he was wrong.

Kurt Warner: Won't necessarily go into whether or not Joe is elite, but said that Joe will be paid and has earned every penny.