Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: Salary Cap Notes: Corey Graham and Michael Oher cash in

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Similarly, I don't understand why EVERYONE is so convinced that Jacoby is gone.
    In the likely event that Flacco gets tagged, you wont keep Boldin and Jacoby, its one or the other, and frankly anyone who would take Jacoby over Boldin would be foolish to say the least. Its simple, get Flacco signed long term before FA, and the Ravens will have a ton more freedom to do what they need to do, we will be able to keep everyone pretty much (apart from Cary, Ed, and probably Kruger), and will be able to shop around a little bit. Using that 14M on Flacco is the big issue here, that's what could cripple us this offseason, that difference between 7.5/8.5 and 14 is a huge difference to a team like the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    In the likely event that Flacco gets tagged, you wont keep Boldin and Jacoby, its one or the other, and frankly anyone who would take Jacoby over Boldin would be foolish to say the least. Its simple, get Flacco signed long term before FA, and the Ravens will have a ton more freedom to do what they need to do, we will be able to keep everyone pretty much (apart from Cary, Ed, and probably Kruger), and will be able to shop around a little bit. Using that 14M on Flacco is the big issue here, that's what could cripple us this offseason, that difference between 7.5/8.5 and 14 is a huge difference to a team like the Ravens.
    I could argue(admittedly not pefectly) that GOING FORWARD JJ/Boldin when considerng cost is a hard ddecision. Flat out, we would not be here today without Jacoby, thoguh not likely without Boldin either. Boldin is CERTAINLY on the downswing, while Jacoby robably just had his best all around season as a Pro. While you will likely point to Deonte Thompson as a possible fill in for jacoby, I will point out how dramattically better Jcoby was in the same role as the season progressed.

But that's all besides the point that I think neither player is in a postion to tun down reasonable extension that would free up cap space. Myabe 3yrs in the $10-15m range for either of them.

Schefter just reported we are 5 million OVER the cap. How is that possible?? That can't be right.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Schefter just reported we are 5 million OVER the cap. How is that possible?? That can't be right.
    Ravor will weigh in

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    I don't think that's accurate and certainly doesn't jibe with the NFLPA records I saw earlier this month or any other media reports so far. I guess it's possible they've got a boatload of 2012 incentives that are going to carry over (that I'm not aware of), but I doubt it would be that much.

My guess is that that a "projected" number (after RFA/EFA tenders) that someone told him and not really based on actual numbers.

EDIT: Not to mention that his Cap savings numbers for Boldin and Jacoby are all wrong.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 01-31-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I don't think that's accurate and certainly doesn't jibe with the NFLPA records I saw earlier this month or any other media reports so far. I guess it's possible they've got a boatload of 2012 incentives that are going to carry over (that I'm not aware of), but I doubt it would be that much.

My guess is that that a "projected" number (after RFA/EFA tenders) that someone told him and not really based on actual numbers.
    His numbers certainly seem speculative IMO. Saying the Ravens are 5 Million over the cap makes for a better attention grabber than saying they right at the cap or just below it. Basically it seems he is using a little speculation here to make a rather mundane story a little juicer.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis