Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed playing next year

Get your ring and retire Ed... a day after Ray Lewis walks away... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Home to the Saints?
    If he plays next year, that would be my guess...
    Everybody's talkin' at me; I don't hear a word they're saying; Only the echoes of my mind

I'm going where the sun keeps shining; Thru' the pouring rain; Going where the weather suits my clothes

Banking off of the North East winds; Sailing on a summer breeze; And skipping over the ocean like a stone

If he wins a ring, he'll either stay with us, happy that he's made it, or he'll go to some less-competitive team where he can get a nice contract and not have to tackle. The ideal situation for him would obviously be going to the Saints; he'd be on a good team, become an instant leader on defense, and be back in his home city. I see Miami or Indy as alternatives too.

If we lose, I see him going to New England.

Blog Entries

Ravens
    Saints
    Colts

In that order. With the outside chance of TB or Miami or even Dallas if one of them hands him a HUGE payday, which is doubtfull. But I could see the Colts or Saints offering him slightly more than us and him taking it, Saints being hometown and Colts having Pagano. Anyone else is gonna have to go big which I doubt.

I don't think the guy is washed up; I think he has just decided when it's necessary to turn it on. He plays so much more disciplined in the playoffs. To him, the regular season is just a formality, and he picks up his game only when he has to do so. He can probably still be effective for three more years.

Blog Entries

I'm just worried about the big game right now. Hope he gets a pick6 ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I don't think the guy is washed up; I think he has just decided when it's necessary to turn it on. He plays so much more disciplined in the playoffs. To him, the regular season is just a formality, and he picks up his game only when he has to do so. He can probably still be effective for three more years.
    This is true. He's a different player in crucial games.

The teams mentioned the most have cap issues or better or comparable players at FS. I dont think Ed would be in a rush to go and sign with a non contending team that has cap space. I really see this thing dragging out and Ed possibly sitting and waiting late in the game, even possibly him being forced into retirement because of offers not up to par with what he's used to making. My gut tells me he's out on the open market a long time and the Ravens sign to a modest 1 yr deal after they figure out Flacco, Kruger and Ellerbe.

I wished I could see Ed play his entire career in Baltimore, but I don't think that will happen with the cap situation and other priorities. I just hope he does not go to a division rival or the Pats. I would not mind too much seeing him as a Saint.

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
    Ozzie Newsome says #Ravens could find a place for Ed Reed on the team's coaching staff after his playing days are over.

I'm pretty sure they have the same offer on the table for Ray, should he decide to ever go into coaching...maybe later down the road.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    I wished I could see Ed play his entire career in Baltimore, but I don't think that will happen with the cap situation and other priorities. I just hope he does not go to a division rival or the Pats. I would not mind too much seeing him as a Saint.
    I am resigned to seeing 20 in a different uniform next year. The only way to lessen the sting of that is by getting them his ring in his rightful Ravens uniform THIS year.

Honest question: has Ed said he is looking for one last big money contract, or are posters just speculating that this will be the case? I think he still performs at a very high level and his interceptions are down because teams don't throw downfield against us often. I could see him giving us a hometown discount, but on the other hand I also think he might want to finally escape Ray's shadow and take his game elsewhere. That would just about break my heart because 20 has always been my favorite Raven.
    Long days and pleasant nights.