Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...

It's starting unfortunately....
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Re: I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...

How do you know when they've got nothing else to talk about? They bring up 14 year old stories.

Anyone who thinks the media has any ounce of credibility, look no further than this. I will not pay one second of attention to it.

Re: I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...

Ray Lewis murdered someone, do not believe he was found guilty of anything.If anything he pleaded guilty to some minor charge.
    Will the media bring up BR two rape accusations when it comes time for him to retire? Any mention of the sports analyst Irving and his cocaine binges.
    Ray Lewis will turn the other cheek and respond as necessary. He's man enough to answer whatever he wants. If not, maybe he should hire Brian Billick to be his response man. Brian handled it once before.Ravens should set limits on what questions will be allowed and how often a certain question can be ask.
    Sad the media cheapens this moment in Ray's life, he has already put it behind him. He has accomplished more on and off the field since that year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Ray Lewis murdered someone, do not believe he was found guilty of anything.If anything he pleaded guilty to some minor charge.
    Will the media bring up BR two rape accusations when it comes time for him to retire? Any mention of the sports analyst Irving and his cocaine binges.
    Ray Lewis will turn the other cheek and respond as necessary. He's man enough to answer whatever he wants. If not, maybe he should hire Brian Billick to be his response man. Brian handled it once before.Ravens should set limits on what questions will be allowed and how often a certain question can be ask.
    Sad the media cheapens this moment in Ray's life, he has already put it behind him. He has accomplished more on and off the field since that year.
    Ray Lewis didn't murder anyone. Even if you take off the purple colored glasses, it is clear that two hangers on in a large entourage got into a fight with the two victims. They brandished knives and stabbed them to death. While this was going on, Ray Lewis was in the limousine waiting to depart the Buckhead area.

Once he found out there had been a fight (unclear if he knew two people had died), he urged everyone to keep quiet (not a good thing and certainly a crime). As a result, he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor obstruction of justice charge, testified against the two principal defendants, was put on probation, paid a fine and was suspended four games by the NFL.

Let's be clear about the facts. If anybody wants to know what Ray Lewis did or saw that night, they should get the transcript from the Atlanta trial court. Ray shouldn't answer any more questions about this incident right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Ray Lewis didn't murder anyone. Even if you take off the purple colored glasses, it is clear that two hangers on in a large entourage got into a fight with the two victims. They brandished knives and stabbed them to death. While this was going on, Ray Lewis was in the limousine waiting to depart the Buckhead area.

Once he found out there had been a fight (unclear if he knew two people had died), he urged everyone to keep quiet (not a good thing and certainly a crime). As a result, he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor obstruction of justice charge, testified against the two principal defendants, was put on probation, paid a fine and was suspended four games by the NFL.

Let's be clear about the facts. If anybody wants to know what Ray Lewis did or saw that night, they should get the transcript from the Atlanta trial court. Ray shouldn't answer any more questions about this incident right now.
    Hell Ray did what any high paid lawyer would have told his clients. Now days, at a traffic accident, insurance companies will tell you not to say anything to the police. Don't admit anything. BR friends kept quiet and that problem resulted in no charges(helps to be friends with the po-po). All that evidence got handled well by the bar.

iggyman555 Guest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    What also came out during the trial was the victims were the aggressors in the whole affair. The knives were brandished after one of Lewis's codefendants was bashed on the head by a bottle and another member of the victims' party announced he was getting his gun.

The gun-getter was given immunity for his testimony by the prosecution despite admitting to firing a pistol down a crowded city street after Lewis's limo.

I don't have a problem with people discussing the case. I have a problem when they discuss it inaccurately, which seems invariably to be the case. The prosecutors dropped the murder charges against Lewis because the evidence didn't support those charges. The jury acquitted his codefendants because the evidence didn't support that murder had taken place that night.

Ray has already answered all the questions in his interview. He doesn't need our help. The only way to respond, is not too. The trolls will get tired and go away.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    What also came out during the trial was the victims were the aggressors in the whole affair. The knives were brandished after one of Lewis's codefendants was bashed on the head by a bottle and another member of the victims' party announced he was getting his gun.

The gun-getter was given immunity for his testimony by the prosecution despite admitting to firing a pistol down a crowded city street after Lewis's limo.

I don't have a problem with people discussing the case. I have a problem when they discuss it inaccurately, which seems invariably to be the case. The prosecutors dropped the murder charges against Lewis because the evidence didn't support those charges. The jury acquitted his codefendants because the evidence didn't support that murder had taken place that night.
    I have never done this.

THIS ^ .

Nicely and succinctly put. If you study the evidence it appears what most likely happened is the group the dead guys were in initiated violence and those two ended up stabbed in what is probably self-defense.

There were two mistakes on Ray and his group's part. First, getting out of the limo because they were being yelled at by some passers by. They were all ready to leave and I guess felt insulted or "disrespected" so they got out. After some words out comes the champagne bottle to the head. The next mistake was Ray's, telling people to keep quiet. He should have gotten out of the area since they were being shot at and gotten to a phone and called police.

My hope is that Ray's willingness to discuss the case will put to rest some of the misguided notions held by the public of what went down that night, but I won't hold my breath.

Well put. As long as it's accurately reported - and it too often isn't - no one should really have a problem with it.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I don't think anybody could have said it better.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.