Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cam Speaks

Blog Entries

Re: Cam Speaks

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    “We were inconsistent,” Cameron said, “and if I’m in charge, I’m saying: ‘Why are we inconsistent? We need to get the team’s attention.’ ”

As center Matt Birk put it, “It’s not like we changed everything we were doing.”

That's what I'm getting too. What's nicely hidden in Birk's statement is that, while they didn't change everything, they changed the things that needed changing. But if Cam has to think that way in order to avoid being depressed, it's fine with me.
    I don't buy into the whole "we didn't change anything after Cam". I've seem them run plays they've never ran before. IE, the first TD pass to Torrey Smith against Denver was a Colts play. Torrey ran straight up the seam while they had double crossing routes underneath which the free safety bit on leaving Torrey 1 on 1. They ran it again last week against the Pats, but the deep ball was really sailing on Flacco in the wind and the safety stayed with Torrey.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I don't buy into the whole "we didn't change anything after Cam".
    But that's not what Birk said.

Blog Entries

Of course the players will always give you the PC company line at press conferences. They aren't going to give away any info.

Blog Entries

Birk said they didn't change "everything," not that they didn't change "anything."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Birk said they didn't change "everything," not that they didn't change "anything."
    Tomato, Tomahto...

The point Paintball guy was making is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    No you're not the only one.

So now not only is the guy incapable of or completely opposed to in game adjustments. But he is totally unable to believe that anyone could do a better job than him.

What an egomaniac. If the team wants to give him a ring, I don't care, it's not my team so I have no say. But if I did have a say, I'd say fuck you and thanks for helping screw the pooch the past couple years. Dick.
    All coaches are egomaniacs to an extent. If you don't think your system or ideas are the best, you would do something else. So by definition, you believe you are doing the best thing that could possibly be done.

I don't know any coach who would say "yeah, I suck at play calling. I know nothing about football. I was holding this team back. I'm amazed they kept me on as long as they did."

Cam did enough last year to get us to the Super Bowl. Lee Evans didn't.

Blog Entries

Somebody said that Cam Cameron is still being paid until the end of the year, and that he makes the same incentives that everybody else does for advancing in the playoffs and making the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    You think it was his fault they lost those two AFCCs but no credit for getting there? Ok
    If it weren't for our defense we wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs while he was here. In fact, if he wasn't fired during the season, I doubt we'd be where we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Somebody said that Cam Cameron is still being paid until the end of the year, and that he makes the same incentives that everybody else does for advancing in the playoffs and making the SB.
    I'd be stunned if this were not the case. He must still be under contract.

Either way , I think he is good man and sincerely happy or the Ravens. All this "he is playing nice or a ring" is ridiculous in my humble opinion.

Blog Entries

That goes w/o saying. He was fired during the season so they still have to pay him but they might have paid him off
    in one lump some already. Nobody knows for sure.

Does anyone know what his contract was? If HARBs was making around $3M, the O-corrd had to make $1M, I guess
    and he was here 5 years so we should all be so lucky.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    All coaches are egomaniacs to an extent. If you don't think your system or ideas are the best, you would do something else. So by definition, you believe you are doing the best thing that could possibly be done.

I don't know any coach who would say "yeah, I suck at play calling. I know nothing about football. I was holding this team back. I'm amazed they kept me on as long as they did."

Cam did enough last year to get us to the Super Bowl. Lee Evans didn't.
    While that may be true to an extent. Why would the same offense, with the same players be doing better with the only change being a coordinator?

There is a kernel of truth to what Cameron is describing, and it shows up often when any coach is fired and the interim coach goes on a mini-winning streak. Coaches get fired when results are bad. When results are bad everyone wants to blame someone other than themselves, it is natural. The players think the coach is hurting them, the coach thinks the players aren't executing or trying hard enough. Then, since it is always easier to fire a single coach than try to replace a whole slew of players, the coach gets fired. Then, once the coach is gone, the players naturally want to 'prove' it wasn't them in terms of responsibility, so they try harder and results improve.

All that said, I think Cameron was absolutely holding this team back offensively with his scheme and philosophy a lot of the time (not all the time).