Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Trevor Pryce - Ray Lewis was nervous in Super Bowl

http://jimrome.com/2013/02/04/pryce-...nrujZw.twitter

Former Baltimore Raven defensive lineman Trevor Pryce tells Jim Rome on his radio program that his former teammate Ray Lewis should not get much credit for last night’s win. Pryce believes the impact Lewis had on the team was emotional, because it certainly did not show up in the box score or on tape.

“Half of his playoff check should go to Dannell Ellerbe for making that last play on that last fade route,” said Pryce. “The other half to Greg Roman the 49ers offensive coordinator.”

Pryce believes Lewis had a case of the “yips.”

“I think he played with a case of the nerves. I think he had the yips. I really do,” said Pryce.

Pryce, who played 4+ seasons with Lewis, said he had never seen anything like that before from the 17 year veteran. Pryce believes the emotions of the game took Lewis right out of the game, to the point he was barely recognizable.

“He had it bad; he didn’t look like himself, even his new self. Forget his old self, that guy’s gone, that guy’s named Patrick Willis,” Pryce said. “But even the guy he was last week, he wasn’t that guy. He had a case of it bad, badly. It was almost like he was just hoping let’s get this over with.”

Blog Entries
    Is it just me or is Trevor Pryce ridiculously bitter for getting cut by the Ravens?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Trevor Pryce - Ray Lewis was nervous in Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Is it just me or is Trevor Pryce ridiculously bitter for getting cut by the Ravens?

He's always been a guy with no real filter so his bitterness comes out pretty plainly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    http://jimrome.com/2013/02/04/pryce-...nrujZw.twitter

Former Baltimore Raven defensive lineman Trevor Pryce tells Jim Rome on his radio program that his former teammate Ray Lewis should not get much credit for last night’s win. Pryce believes the impact Lewis had on the team was emotional, because it certainly did not show up in the box score or on tape.

“Half of his playoff check should go to Dannell Ellerbe for making that last play on that last fade route,” said Pryce. “The other half to Greg Roman the 49ers offensive coordinator.”

Pryce believes Lewis had a case of the “yips.”

“I think he played with a case of the nerves. I think he had the yips. I really do,” said Pryce.

Pryce, who played 4+ seasons with Lewis, said he had never seen anything like that before from the 17 year veteran. Pryce believes the emotions of the game took Lewis right out of the game, to the point he was barely recognizable.

“He had it bad; he didn’t look like himself, even his new self. Forget his old self, that guy’s gone, that guy’s named Patrick Willis,” Pryce said. “But even the guy he was last week, he wasn’t that guy. He had a case of it bad, badly. It was almost like he was just hoping let’s get this over with.”
    Sounds like a case of poopy pants to me. I guess Bart Scott will be next.

Trevor has always been a straight shooter and tells it like is, good or bad. Even in his years in Denver. He has a truthful reputation.

Whether or not the guy's bitter is irrelevant. Lewis moved like a hippo out there. I honestly thought he would cost us the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Sounds like a case of poopy pants to me. I guess Bart Scott will be next.
    You mean this Bart Scott?

Jets linebacker Bart Scott, a former Raven who followed Ryan to the Jets in 2009, suspects there are other players in Baltimore who would like to follow Pryce up Route 95.

"I guarantee you, there are probably guys in the same spot right now, jealous as hell," Scott said. "Trevor probably gets texts like, 'Man, come get me, too.' I guarantee you, there's at least 15 other players over there that are praying to God they get released for half a day, too, so they can come over here. They won't admit it, but I guarantee you."

In retrospect, it seems pretty obvious now why there was such a divide in the team during the last years of the Billick Administration. If Rex ever quits coaching, he should definitely start a cult.

ETA: As to Trevor's comments: Even if true, they were pointless, so why?

Meh - whatever. I have a newspaper to frame and hang :)
    Last edited by MarkS; 02-04-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    You mean this Bart Scott:

Jets linebacker Bart Scott, a former Raven who followed Ryan to the Jets in 2009, suspects there are other players in Baltimore who would like to follow Pryce up Route 95.

"I guarantee you, there are probably guys in the same spot right now, jealous as hell," Scott said. "Trevor probably gets texts like, 'Man, come get me, too.' I guarantee you, there's at least 15 other players over there that are praying to God they get released for half a day, too, so they can come over here. They won't admit it, but I guarantee you."

In retrospect, it seems pretty obvious now why there was such a divide in the team during the last years of the Billick Administration. If Rex ever quits coaching, he should definitely start a cult.
    The best thing bisciotti did was part ways with Rex. He may be a great defensive mind but he's a terrible head coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Whether or not the guy's bitter is irrelevant. Lewis moved like a hippo out there. I honestly thought he would cost us the game.
    He almost did.

Crabtree and Vernon Davis were consistently open in the middle of the field. They did a good job exposing our lack of speed on D.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

For every yard Ray surrendered in coverage, he made up for it in leadership and emotion. Fending off that comeback wasn't a matter of us being better than the Niners across the board, it was a matter of determination and desire.

Does anyone really think we win it all if Ray doesn't rally this team to his banner after week 17?

Pryce never bought in to Ray's leadership the way the young guns who were brought up by him did, he simply doesn't understand what Ray meant to this team.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Really,Ray played the first half and the score was well in hand. Defense did well, holding 9ers to 6 points. Win as a team , lose as a team. But the team held on a goal line stand. It's easy to pick and chose who did badly in the second half. Pollard was doing poorly in coverage. Suggs was doing stunts going up the middle, leaving his edge exposed. Which the ball carrier took advantage of.

Trevor pryce is irrelevant and his career is over. He needed to add his opinion and it's in poor taste to make a statement like that. Ray has played in big games and done much better then pryce did.Easy to pick on a guy who has played longer then the average player and went out a SB winner. Ray did his part and the team stopped 9ers from scoring the touchdown they desperately needed. Doesn't get any better then that. Trevor pryce, didn't know he was still around. HOF player, no trevor is not. Ray Lewis, hell yea.

12. Re: Trevor Pryce - Ray Lewis was nervous in Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The best thing bisciotti did was part ways with Rex. He may be a great defensive mind but he's a terrible head coach.
    It has completely imploded now, but the dude did throw together a defense so good it nearly got to the Super Bowl with Mark Sanchez.