Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Tom Brady during the National Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    As for the hand over the heart, I'm happy enough with just standing their quiet and showing respect., Thats good enough for me.
    And apparently Brady did that So why does this thread exist? Because he happens to play for a team nicknamed the Patriots, he has some extra obligation during the anthem? What were the other Patriot players doing? Or is this just a sad excuse for a "bash Brady" thread?

I think we have enough real issues to criticize Brady about that we don't have to reach for imagined slights to the USA.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    As to Brady's disrespect: he's a douchebag. He should have been tossed from Sunday's game for trying kicking Reed. I'm hoping the NFL fines him a similar amount as Suh got.

==================================================================================================

Not going to happen. We'll keep an eye on it. If there any more political-social thread hijackings, we'll just suspend the offender -- FYI, there's been a lot of that lately and I, for one, am getting tired of gently prodding members to follow the rules and behave.
    Can you just delete landspeeds obviously politcal charged post, and my not so nice response to it? That wasn't proffessional at all but than again his post he wouldn't utter to anyones face either. best just remove them and move on if you can.

[deleted]
    Last edited by Mista T; 01-22-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: politics
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Can you just delete landspeeds obviously politcal charged post, and my not so nice response to it? That wasn't proffessional at all but than again his post he wouldn't utter to anyones face either. best just remove them and move on if you can.
    It is what it is... why delete what's real? I hate deleted threads, We ar all adults here. Just apologize and move on. Don't remove what was said in hopes of hiding it. That's silly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    And apparently Brady did that So why does this thread exist? Because he happens to play for a team nicknamed the Patriots, he has some extra obligation during the anthem? What were the other Patriot players doing? Or is this just a sad excuse for a "bash Brady" thread?

I think we have enough real issues to criticize Brady about that we don't have to reach for imagined slights to the USA.
    I dunno, ask the OP. Like I said I was at the gam and didn't notice. Nor was I bashing Brady. If he stood their respectfull than it's all good by me. Now he should be fined for his kick. But as far as the anthem goes you see it alot, players just standing their respectfull. Like someone else said it doesn't REQUIRE a hand over your heart. Removing of your hat IS however a shown sign of respect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    It is what it is... why delete what's real? I hate deleted threads, We ar all adults here. Just apologize and move on. Don't remove what was said in hopes of hiding it. That's silly.
    Because his post was the most illogical ignorant pile of crap I've ever seen posted on here. And of course he runs and hides like a little child without defending himself. So might as well wipe it out and maybe we can have a normal discussion about it. I.e let the adults talk and remove the children. Oohrah

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Or is this just a sad excuse for a "bash Brady" thread?
    I will take any excuse to bash Brady. He, and the game officials who apply different rules to him, are a disgrace to the NFL.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Do you know how to tell when you're hatred for a qb has gone too far? When you get upset just watching him stand on the sidelines LOL. He was just trying to keep his hands warm. Not a big deal. I was mad when he tried to kick Ed Reed with his cleats though. But we got even.

Wait a fucking second T. I posted a well thought out, totally rational, totally mild response basically saying "Free speech is good. North Korea is bad. I like standing for the flag but don't get mad when people don't because they have rights." and then further added "But OP has a right to critiicize Brady for his actions too." And you FUCKING DELETED IT?

How the fuck should I have responded? Politics my ass. This is a classic case of YOU having a problem with certain posters and over moderating them. I said almost literally the same fucking thing as RedskinsFury and his post is still sitting there? Where's the fucking consistency.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

iggyman555 Guest

im for freedom of speech

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    im for freedom of speech
    Careful iggy, you're talking about politics now. Unlike the people who said Brady was wrong. They were doing something else.

Blog Entries

He was intently listening for the "O"

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!