Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Here's a Browns fan that would take Brandon Weeden over Flacco. No, I am not making this up.

To be fair, he's getting slammed just as hard by the other Browns fans as he is by the few Ravens fans on the thread (which I am one).

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=11201052
    lmao what the hell are they smoking?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    Not sure if it's been brought up, but I was just reading John Clayton's latest 'effort', and in the introduction he writes "...This will be a Super Bowl battle between Colin Kaepernick and Joe Flacco, two of the most unlikely competitors...".

Yes, because it's unlikely the QB that has played in 3 of the past 5 AFC Championship games would play in the Superbowl... Oh my days, the man is just a moron.
    I sincerely believe that Clayton and all other NFL writers with half a brain know that the Ravens are more than likely winning it. They have just proved themselves on the road against two teams that are arguably better than the 49ers (the Broncos at least, certainly are). The 49ers are starting a QB with all of 10 games of NFL experience. BUT they cannot come out and say it. They have to keep the pretense that this is up for grabs, with the 49ers with a slight advantage. It's about the audience and selling a product. The 49ers have more followers nationally than the Ravens.

Of course, the stupid writers honestly believe the Ravens will lose easily.

The thing you have to remember about team fans, they can be a bit crazy when their team is either losing or not very good. Lest we not forget our own forums here where people were advocating getting Alex Smith and the big long Joe Flacco fight we had here. We're not immune to it. So when I read other people's forums, I immediately disregard any of that as just fan reaction to their situation. Of course Browns fans will say take Brandon Weedon over Joe Flacco, even if secretly they wouldn't in a million years.

The press knows what's coming. And they are setting this up to talk about how the 49'ers lost the game, not how the Ravens won it. You have to realize Baltimore will never get the national respect it deserves. Never.

[ it goes back to how they demolished the Ravens in October and are now having a hard time understanding how that team is representing the AFC in the Super Bowl. I guess that is somewhat understandable...[/QUOTE]

Give them props for that win. But it also came on the heels of losing Ray Lewis and Lardarius Webb the week before. The team was definitely cornered and they got it handed to them.

Games like that happen. At least it happened early enough for the Ravens to correct some things, especially on defense. That game served as the spring board for the team to come together.

As for Houston, they are on their way up, but until they can win a big game in the postseason against one of the perennial AFC contenders, I can't take them seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    Mike and Mike just predicted Ravens win and Flacco as the MVP. Reason was that no quarterback has ever put up 8 TDs and 0 INTs in the playoffs and not won the Superbowl and been named MVP.

OH NO, thats the kiss of death if Greenie said that.

Quote Originally Posted by sopranocorleone View Post
    [ it goes back to how they demolished the Ravens in October and are now having a hard time understanding how that team is representing the AFC in the Super Bowl. I guess that is somewhat understandable...
    Give them props for that win. But it also came on the heels of losing Ray Lewis and Lardarius Webb the week before. The team was definitely cornered and they got it handed to them.

Games like that happen. At least it happened early enough for the Ravens to correct some things, especially on defense. That game served as the spring board for the team to come together.

As for Houston, they are on their way up, but until they can win a big game in the postseason against one of the perennial AFC contenders, I can't take them seriously.[/QUOTE]

So the pats were beaten by the Cardinals early on, didn't hear much about that. How'd the 9ers do against the Rams this year? Silence there by the media again. Seattle did well against the 9ers too, no mention again. Go Ravens, this season you have already put a ass whooping on the media. Keep up the good work.

At SBNation that put up an article called Troll Tuesday in which they put up an article that will get under everyones skin. This one got under my skin because it was written to anger people but it just reads so nice.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/2...ne-ray-of-hope

For those looking for Flacco related stuff on Falcon's board.... starts on first page, 11th post, from HunkyDory lol They speak of Romo before Flacco :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raven 555 View Post
    OH NO, thats the kiss of death if Greenie said that.
    Greenie picked the Ravens to win outright as his stone-cold pick last Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by sopranocorleone View Post
    As for Houston, they are on their way up, but until they can win a big game in the postseason against one of the perennial AFC contenders, I can't take them seriously.
    Last year, they were on their way up...this year? They seemed to have plateaued. I mean, it was all set up for them. Everyone was healthy (yes, losing Cushing early hurt, but show me a team that doesn't have 1 major injury somewhere), they got off to the fast start, their perennial rival (the Colts) were (finally) without Manning and seemingly re-building.

Up until the beginning of December, they had the #1 seed in their control.

What I think they are missing is (1) veteran leadership. I don't think the Ravens win Super Bowl #35 without Shannon Sharpe and Rod Woodson. And for as good as Flacco, Rice, Torrey Smith, etc. have been this year, I don't think they get this far with Ray Lewis (even when hurt), Ed Reed, Boldin, Suggs, etc.

When I look at the Texans, I don't see anyone really stepping up into that role.

And (2), as opposed to Harbaugh and Flacco, that seem to step it up and take more chances in the playoffs, Kubiak and Schaub seem the opposite: They seem to get very conservative. Flacco is literally Joe Cool, he hardly ever gets rattled. Schaub has the disturbing trait of getting more rattled the bigger the game. Not good.

They got a lot of talent on that team....but SOMETHING is missing....if I was the owner/GM I would be taking a good hard look at that team and wondering if just more tinkering will get it done, or if more drastic changes are needed, because the Colts are going to be real good, real soon and Houston just may find that their window has slammed shut on them.
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 01-23-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Here's a Browns fan that would take Brandon Weeden over Flacco. No, I am not making this up.

To be fair, he's getting slammed just as hard by the other Browns fans as he is by the few Ravens fans on the thread (which I am one).

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=11201052
    Glenn Channell, perhaps?!?
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

iggyman555 Guest

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap...he-Senior-Bowl

5 minute mark...lmao ravens dont have weapons