Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
Predictably, Redskins fans are whining and moaning about the Ravens for the most part.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthre...and-Why/page12
http://www.extremeskins.com/showthre...kins-vs-Ravens

It's all the same B.S.: Smack about the fans being "whiny", claiming that Baltimore is an inferior city and/or has an inferiority complex, the whole "Ravens are the stolen Browns" tripe, calling Ray Lewis a "murderer", etc., etc. A few took issue with the Ravens team colors (Really? Because I find burgandy to be very depressing myself). They seem genuinely shocked that Ravens fans carry a grudge for Jack Kent Cooke trying to block the NFL's return to Baltimore.

And they seem to love to drone on and on about the Redskins' "history" and their "national fanbase", both of which they claim Baltimore and the Ravens lack. But if we include Colts history (which there is no reason why we shouldn't), I'll take Unitas and Lewis as being more influential legendary players than anyone who has ever wore the Redskins uniform and the '58 Championship and '00 Purple Reign Defense as being better teams and championship games than anything the Redskins have given us.

All I can say is that it must suck to be irrelevant for most of the past two decades where your greatest accomplishment has been going one-and-done in the playoffs and losing your star QB in the process. If the Ravens win this Super Bowl, the Redskins will have a grand total of one more SB win than us, and none since the Senior Bush administration. Say what you want about the Steelers, but at least they have some history to legitimately brag about, albiet annoyingly. The more Redskins fans insist it's the Ravens fans who have the inferiority complex, the more obvious it is that they are the ones who are suffering.

Sorry--grew up in Southern MD when the Redskins were the only team in the area, so I have to hear all the time from Redskins fans. Never could stand that team. Baltimore was "my city" where my family grew up and I always identified with everything about it. DC, on the other hand, was the place I would go on class field trips every other year, and I had no interest in rooting for any of its teams.
It's funny, in the Ravens' first years I would follow the Redskins, complain about their owner, root against them, etc. After SB35 this has been going ever down, and in the past few years I haven't even known when they are playing. It seems that the inferiority complex is now squarely on them.