Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens will win Super Bowl XLVII

The Ravens of this year look a lot like last year's Giants team. They are clicking right now, and look like a very hungry team. I think they are going to win the Super Bowl as well, and it might not be close.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    four of the last five superbowl winners were underdogs. Plus the camel says Ravens win.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html
    Haha. Stone cold camel lock of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The Ravens of this year look a lot like last year's Giants team. They are clicking right now, and look like a very hungry team. I think they are going to win the Super Bowl as well, and it might not be close.
    Not only that, I think that they are a much, much better team than last year's Giants team. I have the Ravens winning this 27-16, but you're right, it might not be a close game if the Ravens win the turnover battle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    Yeah, but the spread is what it is for a reason. We here [I]know[I] what this team is about, but nationally, not so much. On paper, the 49ers are a slightly better team. I would love to be wrong, but I don't see this being a XXXV walk-over win.
    And it may not be a win at all. Kap is young, runs like the wind and has a cannon arm. Gore can gash up the middle like the best of them. Vernon Davis is a beast. Their D is impressive.

I get why we are underdogs. The Niners are damned good. We cannot take this game for granted. We have to play lights out. The Niners are very capable of applying the smackdown on anybody (see what they did to the Patriots in Foxboro).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead View Post
    I would be shocked if our defensive veterans didn't play their best game in years. #52 has been there but Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs and Haloti Ngata have been waiting their whole careers for this game. This game sets up particularly well for Ed. While Jim Harbaugh is probably the best in the NFL at getting receivers open with play design, 9-game veteran Kaepernick is going to have to go through reads at some point. That's where Ed will strike.
    Hope you are right. The key is winning the mental game and trying to confuse Kaepernick. Ed is a master at that even if he has lost a step. There would be no sweeter feeling for him and Jacoby to win the Super Bowl in their home town. Get it done, guys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    And it may not be a win at all. Kap is young, runs like the wind and has a cannon arm. Gore can gash up the middle like the best of them. Vernon Davis is a beast. Their D is impressive.

I get why we are underdogs. The Niners are damned good. We cannot take this game for granted. We have to play lights out. The Niners are very capable of applying the smackdown on anybody (see what they did to the Patriots in Foxboro).
    Agree with all of the above. However, if Kaepernick runs, he had better keep his head on a swivel, because he is going to get hit......hard. I firmly believe that the key to this game is slowing down the 49ers running game with Gore. If the Ravens can contain Gore, I think they will be able to rattle Kaepernick.

As a Steeler fan I would be rooting 100% for a Raven loss VS anyone in the playoffs except the 49ers. I hope we retain the only Lombardi six pack.

It is hard for me to say it but "Go RA...." . Sorry I can't do it.

Coming from the AFC north...we face tough defenses consistently so going against the 49ers will be no different. Joe and company will do what they always do...move the ball and score points.

...and back to disciplined defense against the "squirt gun" offense. The 49ers will have issues against our defense...they only practice against their own defense but game time is another story!

Yes...the Ravens will win Super Bowl XLVII !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead View Post
    I would be shocked if our defensive veterans didn't play their best game in years. #52 has been there but Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs and Haloti Ngata have been waiting their whole careers for this game. This game sets up particularly well for Ed. While Jim Harbaugh is probably the best in the NFL at getting receivers open with play design, 9-game veteran Kaepernick is going to have to go through reads at some point. That's where Ed will strike.
    I think Ed will have a tremendous game. I've noticed he plays harder and faster the bigger the game is, the more he's motivated. He needs this game. It's in his home city no less. All those years of being so close, and now, perhaps the greatest free safety of all time gets to match wits against a 10 game starter? You can bet he's psyched out for this one.

I really love the story line of this year. Start off strong. Star player loses a brother, put on amazing performance. Stumble, lose to worst rival in your own house with their back-up quarter back. Make miraculous comeback in improbable and lucky play. Get beaten by the team that blocked football from coming back to your city for so many years. Fire the most controversial figure on the team, replace him with the mentor to one of the greatest players ever. Get blown out the next week. Then blow out the reigning champions.

Playoffs start. Your icon, the GOD of your team, announces that this will be his last battle through the gantlet.

Play the team that left you in the middle of the night and their new leader of the future. Destroy them.

Everyone says you will lose to the next opponent.

Face the one who blew you out in your house, one of the legendary greatest to ever play. Steal his dreams from him.

Everyone says that it is impossible to defeat the next ones, the masters.

Go back into the lion's lair, face the ones who denied you the year before, took the thing you deserved most. Face off against the most intimidating dynasty ever. Abuse them.

Now, the final test. An opponent in mirrors. Two brothers, two defenses, two ground attacks. Matching on nearly every facet, from opposing coasts, and of the same father. But one team is beginning their dynasty, launched forth by a new component, new techniques and technology. The other has slowly ground away, chipped through hardships, and been in the arena many times before.

What happens?

They have to win. It can't be written any other way.

John will get his vindication, finally proving that he is worthy of the same praise and admiration his brother receives. Joe will finally prove himself and attain the level of mastery he has been working for all these years. Caldwell and Pees's reputations will see a re-birth.

Ray will ride into the sunset, having successfully handed the rod of leadership off to Joe. Ed will part from the team amicably, finally gaining the ring he so deserves, and taking a lucrative contract somewhere warm were he doesn't have to tackle. Birk can give his battered body the rest it so needs. Anquan has his redemption for what the Steelers took from him. Torrey dedicates his ring to his brother.

It's too important to not win.
    Last edited by Ravenalytics; 01-22-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I think Ed will have a tremendous game. I've noticed he plays harder and faster the bigger the game is, the more he's motivated. He needs this game. It's in his home city no less. All those years of being so close, and now, perhaps the greatest free safety of all time gets to match wits against a 10 game starter? You can bet he's psyched out for this one.

I really love the story line of this year. Start off strong. Star player loses a brother, put on amazing performance. Stumble, lose to worst rival in your own house with their back-up quarter back. Make miraculous comeback in improbable and lucky play. Get beaten by the team that blocked football from coming back to your city for so many years. Fire the most controversial figure on the team, replace him with the mentor to one of the greatest players ever. Get blown out the next week. Then blow out the reigning champions.

Playoffs start. Your icon, the GOD of your team, announces that this will be his last battle through the gantlet.

Play the team that left you in the middle of the night and their new leader of the future. Destroy them.

Everyone says you will lose to the next opponent.

Face the one who blew you out in your house, one of the legendary greatest to ever play. Steal his dreams from him.

Everyone says that it is impossible to defeat the next ones, the masters.

Go back into the lion's lair, face the ones who denied you the year before, took the thing you deserved most. Face off against the most intimidating dynasty ever. Abuse them.

Now, the final test. An opponent in mirrors. Two brothers, two defenses, two ground attacks. Matching on nearly every facet, from opposing coasts, and of the same father. But one team is beginning their dynasty, launched forth by a new component, new techniques and technology. The other has slowly ground away, chipped through hardships, and been in the arena many times before.

What happens?

They have to win. It can't be written any other way.

John will get his vindication, finally proving that he is worthy of the same praise and admiration his brother receives. Joe will finally prove himself and attain the level of mastery he has been working for all these years. Caldwell and Pees's reputations will see a re-birth.

Ray will ride into the sunset, having successfully handed the rod of leadership off to Joe. Ed will part from the team amicably, finally gaining the ring he so deserves, and taking a lucrative contract somewhere warm were he doesn't have to tackle. Birk can give his battered body the rest it so needs. Anquan has his redemption for what the Steelers took from him. Torrey dedicates his ring to his brother.

It's too important to not win.
    I hope and dream that you are right. But if last year's AFCCG taught me anything it's that life doesn't necessarily go the most poetic way just because it can't be written any other way. We have to make this magic happen on our own. And I hope the team is preparing for the Niners and not still basking in the (admittedly awesome) glow of beating the Patriots in Foxboro. Just. Win. Make this happen, guys.

Looking briefly at the 49ers forum, they apparently think Kaepernick is going to be running all over the field. I have confidence in our defense being able to stop him. Let him meet Pollard in the open field once and we'll see how much running he does.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    Looking briefly at the 49ers forum, they apparently think Kaepernick is going to be running all over the field. I have confidence in our defense being able to stop him. Let him meet Pollard in the open field once and we'll see how much running he does.
    Exactly. RGIII tried to run on the Ravens, and had some success until he got splattered by Ngata. Kaepernick is going to get drilled if/when he tries to run on the Ravens defense. Hey Colin, Messers Pollard, Lewis, and Ngata are waiting to introduce themselves to you.