Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Got four nosebleeds right on NFL Ticket Exchange after the game. Sec 612.

Still working out how to get to New Orleans, where to stay, etc. Plane tickets have skyrocketed. I may either drive or fly into Jackson or Houston.
    May I ask how much you paid?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    NOLA can you recommend some places to eat?
    Here you go Houston!
    Expensive

Cochon
    Herbsaint
    Commanders Palace
    Gallatoires
    Tujuages
    Upperline (uptown)
    jacques-Imo

moderate

Acme (FQ)
    Felix's (FQ)
    Johnny's Po Boys (FQ)

Drink

DBA (my home base) Frenchmen Street highend beer music (can arrange private party.)
    Old Absinthe House
    Lafite Blacksmith Shop
    R Bar (hipsters)
    Snug Harbor (great food, jazz reservations)

Buy Art

Frenchmen Street Market weekends 7-1am Frenchmen Street I sell photographs here

Driver

i have a friend who is available to chauffeur a group for the weekend. local guy, knows everyone. reasonablw
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Yard View Post
    We have a group coming but plan to tailgate and watch the game in a parking lot somewhere (we have the "stuff" and can't swing the ticket prices). Had a blast in Tampa when we did it- any suggestions on where we can park, who to call if we need to make arrangements beforehand, etc.?
    usually you can tailgate and park at the Dome where there are garages right, but I don't know if that is possible. I will check for you.

Great! Bringing 3 or 4 SUVs (figured that'd be easier than RV) and the top deck of a parking garage in the area would work. THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Need to coordinate a group meet up.
    I can suggest DBA for a private party......http://dbabars.com/dbano/
    I have a connection with management. If you are interested I am at levin.pix@gmail.com

NOLA, will there be a bar or bars where Ravens fans will congregate to watch the game? Can't afford the tix, but may go to NOLA for the game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    May I ask how much you paid?
    Sure thing. $10,500 for all four (including all taxes, fees, charges, etc.). It was something like $2300 per ticket before fees, taxes, etc. (or roughly $2625 all included per ticket).

Steep, I know, but I figure that this would be a once in a lifetime kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    NOLA, will there be a bar or bars where Ravens fans will congregate to watch the game? Can't afford the tix, but may go to NOLA for the game
    Everyone from New Orleans here will be rooting for the Ravens. This will feel like a home game as far as New Orleans goes. So the answer is any bar you want that locals go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Sure thing. $10,500 for all four (including all taxes, fees, charges, etc.). It was something like $2300 per ticket before fees, taxes, etc. (or roughly $2625 all included per ticket).

Steep, I know, but I figure that this would be a once in a lifetime kind of thing.
    Cool.Thanks for sharing. Kind of what I expected. I'm just looking for a single and will play daredevil and wait closer to gametime:)

Looks like our fellow ravens fans who won the lottery are out in full force on craigslist unloading superbowl tickets for a big chunk of change..smh...I guess I can't blame them. Everyone's got bills to pay and there's lots of value in them

I'm torn. I could afford to make the trip, but I'm having trouble finding any of my good friends who could afford it. I love the city of NOLA, but I could take 2 or 3 vacations overseas for what this trip would cost. I also hear that the atmosphere at a Superbowl is very corporate and nobody is really into the game. I remember how much fun we had in 2000 celebrating downtown and in Fells, of course I was in my twenties then and not forty. I almost think it may be just as much fun celebrating the game here in Baltimore, or at least not 6K worse.

Well, its going to be a heck of a party...........Mardi Gras starts this weekend with all kinda parades and then the Super Bowl week, on Bourbon Street. Wow, that is going to be absurd. This city is normally crazy for Mardi Gras anyway.