Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    NOLA-

We are staying at a B and B on Rampart / Esplanade. thoughts on location?
    Wow! That's an excellent location. (My wife was born a few blocks from there.) But don't wander too far north or east on foot!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Does anybody know what hotel the team stays at for the SB?
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

According to this map, it looks like the Hilton New Orleans Riverside....

http://www.neworleanssuperbowl.com/p...owlAreaMap.pdf
    fla_rave

FYI for those who want to linger longer in the French Quarter before the game: The new Loyola Ave streetcar line will open next week, just in time for the Super Bowl. This should shave at least 3 or 4 minutes off the way us mortals used to take by walking the six short blocks from Canal via Loyola to the Dome.

In any event, 70,000 fans and a new streetcar line could lead to a disaster, so please look both ways before crossing the streetcar tracks.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Hey guys, new poster. We worked it out with another couple to get a 2BR condo in the Quarter for $600/couple/night. Pricey, but GREAT location (St. Philips below Bourbon) and hotels in the Quarter are $800 or more if you can get them -- which you can't. I was looking around at a lot of VRBO places. This site has a bunch too. http://www.eventhomes.com/2013/super-bowl/ If you can find other people to stay with, you can cut costs. Some nice places in the Garden District.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Hey guys, new poster. We worked it out with another couple to get a 2BR condo in the Quarter for $600/couple/night. Pricey, but GREAT location (St. Philips below Bourbon) and hotels in the Quarter are $800 or more if you can get them -- which you can't. I was looking around at a lot of VRBO places. This site has a bunch too. http://www.eventhomes.com/2013/super-bowl/ If you can find other people to stay with, you can cut costs. Some nice places in the Garden District.
    Searching online for a place to stay in NOLA and can't find anything less than $1800 a night for a 2 BR. That is a great deal you found.

Could someone point me in the direction of somewhere safe and as close as possible to stay, coming from the uk?

Is anyone doing the WNST trip? I am considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Could someone point me in the direction of somewhere safe and as close as possible to stay, coming from the uk?
    I would recommend staying by the Airport and shuttle into the downtown, but I am biased, having lived in the safe suburbs of Jefferson Parish but reading about all the murders and mayhem throughout much of the city while in my safe suburban house.

So, responding to your "as close as possible to stay" request:

If you stay in the city, most hotels along Canal Street corridor are fine, particularly as you approach the Mississippi River. These are also the most expensive standard hotels (e.g. Hilton, Doubletree, Marriott) and most likely to be already sold out. Hotels and B&B's in the French Quarter are sometimes in old buildings, but often refurbished rooms. The Garden District has a few boutique hotels. Most downtown hotels are on or just a few blocks from streetcar lines; a rental car would be an expensive liability.

PM me if you identify a hotel that you are interested in. I have a friends in New Orleans who books rooms for conventions, so I should be able to get her to provide you an unbiased reading on many downtown hotels.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/colo...d438a26398a5X1

That's the ony one I'm finding. Hammond which is about an hour away

Found a few in Covington as well, about 45 mins away

It's 17 hours to New Orleans , we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.