Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: How do the Patriots defend the deep ball? Can Flacco have deep ball success against them?

Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    I think the Pats are good enough at stopping the run with their front 7 that they'll seldom need to sneak safeties into the box, or atleast not enough to make it that big of a weakness against the deep ball.
    Is that why Rice averaged 5 yards per carry in the first game?

And that was before we unleashed Pierce and our revamped OL.

Blog Entries

Re: How do the Patriots defend the deep ball? Can Flacco have deep ball success against them?

Well according to Belichick and the captains he's made a positive impact on the team and it's easy to see for us when we don't have to have Arrington and McCourty at CBs with dumb and dumber at safety. I'll take their word for it. Just remember this time around there won't be any Edelman on Boldin and Slater at safety
    That's great. But does nothing to counter the fact that you didn't face much top notch QB/WR talent.

Which means you haven't really been tested. So how can you trust the recent results? When those results include Sanchez and Henne and Tannehill 4 times? Along with big name WRs such as Kerley and Hartline?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

:word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh well shit stop the fucking presses! Forget everything I've ever said, we'd be lucky to hold Rice to under 6 YPC!

That's great. But does nothing to counter the fact that you didn't face much top notch QB/WR talent.

Which means you haven't really been tested. So how can you trust the recent results? When those results include Sanchez and Henne and Tannehill 4 times? Along with big name WRs such as Kerley and Hartline?
    Because before Talib those garbage QBs still looked like HOFers against this secondary. At least now they make the bad QBs look like they're supposed to

Blog Entries

They still have some pretty stout guys up front. Wilfork is always a force. I don't think we'll just run all over them.

Blog Entries

Oh well shit stop the fucking presses! Forget everything I've ever said, we'd be lucky to hold Rice to under 6 YPC!
    Didn't come here to argue, huh ;)

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Didn't come here to argue, huh ;)
    LOL. I'm not going to bother

Blog Entries

Just focus on 5 first...baby steps.

Because before Talib those garbage QBs still looked like HOFers against this secondary. At least now they make the bad QBs look like they're supposed to
    Yet still a secondary that hasn't really been tested by a top QB/WR combo.

I keep reading how since Talib has been playing their secondary is sooo much better. Yet I never see them analyze who they've played against since Talib has been starting.

Colts - Reggie Wayne? He is good. Not what he used to be. Rookie QB playing in NE, Luck was in over his head.

Jets - ummm...Jeremy Kerley? Ok...

Dolphins - uhhh...Brian Hartline???

Texans - Johnson, but we all know the Texans fell apart at the end of the season - they weren't the same team (Schaub turned to garbage).

49ers - Crabtree has really come alive since Colin K. But I still doubt many teams fear Crabtree on his own

Jaguars - ...Cecil Shorts?

They have faced hardly any real WR talent. A lot of those guys are C level WRs. B level at best. Only Johnson scratches A level, and Schaub had been horrible to close out their season.

Maybe just maybe their secondary has improved because they been playing teams that have poor WR squads? Or are run heavy (Texans/49ers).

Hmmm...

It's not like Talib was lining up against AJ Green or Megatron or Marshall. Demaryius Thomas burned them for 180 early on. He totaled 50 yards when he played us in TWO games.
    See the problem is that before Talib got to NE, even scrubs were feasting on our secondary.

And what made our deep end better was not Talib really, it was the fact that we could move McCourty over at safety. He's added range with his speed and he plays the pass a lot better when he's facing the QB. You gotta understand, before we had Patrick Chung back there trying to play the pass. He's freaking awful. Then we tried Wilson who is a rookie and he was getting burned too.

Talib and the emergence of rookie Dennard at the other CB spot allowed McCourty to move at S and also allowed Arrington to move to slot, who was just awful outside. We're still not "great" at defending the pass, but definitely a lot better.

Just focus on 5 first...baby steps.

Yet still a secondary that hasn't really been tested by a top QB/WR combo.
    Ok sorry next time I'll have the schedulers put only the best of the best QB/WR combos on the Pats schedule that way when they improve defensively it'll be legit for you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    See the problem is that before Talib got to NE, even scrubs were feasting on our secondary.

And what made our deep end better was not Talib really, it was the fact that we could move McCourty over at safety. He's added range with his speed and he plays the pass a lot better when he's facing the QB. You gotta understand, before we had Patrick Chung back there trying to play the pass. He's freaking awful. Then we tried Wilson who is a rookie and he was getting burned too.

Talib and the emergence of rookie Dennard at the other CB spot allowed McCourty to move at S and also allowed Arrington to move to slot, who was just awful outside.
    You guys totally shut down the mighty Ryan Tannehill and Brian Hartline Combo.