Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

Ironic that the one who DOESN'T have sand in their vagina in this thread is the chick.

That first paragraph of the OP, while it no doubt was mostly true, was clearly somewhat in jest. Case in point ...

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSean View Post
    I assure you that the Steelers are merely playing possum and will win the division every year for the remaining years of the NFL.
    Pretty harmless if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Double TE View Post
    Wow what a stupid post from a stupid fan of an elite franchise. Love it.
    Now if we can get a Pats fan and a Steelers fan to go at it on a Ravens board, that would be kind of hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    Dudette, please. If you want to go to a rival team's board and say good luck, you just say good luck. He could have even just stopped with the fact that he hates the team. Like you said, 'DUH,', but if he's going to take the time to come here and say good luck, then just say good luck. In fact, this IS rivalry as you say and I don't want nor do I (and probably nobody else) WANTS his wish of good luck. Rivals or not, if he respects us and the team there's no need to preface a congratulatory post with all that crap he spewed. In the end, he got what he wanted with the post and somehow you think it's okay lol..he came here to stir it up.
    Maybe it's the thick skin I've grown over the years but it didn't bother me as much as it seems to bother the rest of you. It's not like Ravens fans haven't done it on their board too at times but, whatever. Let's just move on. No sense in making it an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    Maybe it's the thick skin I've grown over the years but it didn't bother me as much as it seems to bother the rest of you. It's not like Ravens fans haven't done it on their board too at times but, whatever. Let's just move on. No sense in making it an argument.
    Eh I wasn't *trying* to be argumentative, nor did his comments super bother me so I apologize. I guess it's really the fact that it's become so commonplace for Steeler trolls to permeate Ravens boards that people actually DEFEND their statements because of said common behavior.

Blog Entries

Yeah, i mean sure, he mentions respect for the franchise and all...but he wraps that in with "Ravens misery", "Flacco not elite", and "win division for every year in the remaining history of the NFL". Let's be honest here, the guy wanted to get his digs in on the Ravens.

I hate the Steelers...but yes, we respect many of them. I hated when Antonio Brown got that contract...because it was truly the smart thing to do. Wallace was being a whiny bitch and Brown was doing everything right. Thus, they repaid the smart, team guy and let the "diva" hang himself out. The Steelers got an absolute GIFT this year with DeCastro falling into their laps. He should never have made it as far as he did, and he's going to be the focal point for rebuilding their OL in the next few years.

THAT is how you show respect. You dislike the team, but you own up to the truths. As great as we are, I know we're not going to own the division for eternity (I'm sure the Browns might win it once or twice...j/k), and I know that while they've had a few down years, the Steelers find ways to keep themselves in the green.

He wasn't "as nasty as other Steelers fans", but there's a reason those idiots get booted after a couple posts. CincyCat is a good example of a fan of an opposing team who can coexist on this board.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    Eh I wasn't *trying* to be argumentative, nor did his comments super bother me so I apologize. I guess it's really the fact that it's become so commonplace for Steeler trolls to permeate Ravens boards that people actually DEFEND their statements because of said common behavior.
    Sorry, I didn't mean you specifically...I meant in general terms of not making it an argument :)

Blog Entries
    Stillers suck. That is all

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    Ironic that the one who DOESN'T have sand in their vagina in this thread is the chick.
    Indeed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pgcountyraven85 View Post
    a pig just flew by my window wearing a Harrison jersey with a Pathetic Pissrag as a cape...lol.
    fixt that 4U! ;)

Eh, I don't have any problem with what the OP Steelers' fan said. I'm sure many of us have gone on other team's boards and said all sorts of things. In fact, I think I can sympathize with his viewpoint:

A couple years ago the Steelers played the Jets in the AFCCG, right after Pitt had beaten us in the divisional round. Yet, despite the bitterness of that loss one week earlier, I actually rooted for Pittsburgh to beat the Jets, mainly because I'm a long-time Jets hater. But also because from an organizational standpoint I respect Pittsburgh more than the clown show up in NY. Now, once that game was done the universe came back into balance and I did root for Pittsburgh to lose against Green Bay in the Super Bowl.

Point is, sometimes I root for the lesser of evils. And our opinions on which evil is lesser in any given situation are completely subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    Please, that's mild coming from a Steeler fan. We have a rivalry...they hate us, we hate them. What do you want him to say? I'm a diehard Steeler fan but I just love your team? He did express that he respected our team. I loathe the Steelers as much as the next Ravens fan but you guys are being WAY too sensitive and need to untangle your shorts. He didn't come here to start trouble in my opinion, he came to wish our team luck against the Pats. Nothing wrong with that.
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSean View Post
    Greetings, Baltimore fans! I am a Steelers fan (as loyal as they come). I would first like to establish that I hate your team before I offer any kind words, lest I lose my standing amongst other Steelers fans. I hate seeing the Ravens take the AFCN (I assure you that the Steelers are merely playing possum and will win the division every year for the remaining years of the NFL). I LOATHE the idea of Flacco with a ring and cannot fathom him actually being mentioned as "elite" if he were to accomplish the unthinkable in a few weeks. Ray Lewis will forever be tarnished in the minds of many for events earlier in his career that we'll never have concrete answers to (same as Ben). The Ravens as a whole are the nemesis of any Steelers fan and as such I will usually always take delight in the shortcomings of your team. However, this weekend is very different.
    When the Ravens travel to Foxboro on Sunday they will have at least one more supporter. As deep as my hatred for your Ravens run through my veins, I ENJOY hating the Ravens. Perhaps because the Ravens have a history of playing football the right way- a way similar to the Steelers. I'm particularly interested in the heart your team is showing lately after a mid-season slump. It's obvious that Ray has injected some life into this team throughout the years and even the last few games. Thus, my hatred for the Ravens is a shallow one because I RESPECT the team. I can quite honestly tell you that most Steelers fans who deny similar thoughts are full of shit, just as I believe many of your fans respect our team. Unlike the Ravens though, I genuinely hate the Patriots for many obvious reasons that go far beyond what I'm willing to type out. I would love for nothing more than for the Ravens to knock the Pats out of the playoffs and begin to collapse Brady's window of time to win it all WITHOUT it being tainted. Sure, he's a great QB like many before him. But with a good offensive scheme, a good o-line (most of his career), and the zebras assisting along the way, I'm not going to crown his ass. I sincerely hope it doesn't come down to Cundiff again though. Hopefully your defense shows up big- especially in getting to Brady. If the Ravens can limit his dink-and-dunk I believe Flacco may be able to keep it a game. I just figured you guys may enjoy a bit of praise from a Steelers fan. Next year I'm back to laughing at your misery, but, for now, enjoy the path to your next Lombardi and please crush the Pats and Brady along the way. Good luck this weekend, Baltimore. Go Ravens!

No real chance of that.