Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    Eh I wasn't *trying* to be argumentative, nor did his comments super bother me so I apologize. I guess it's really the fact that it's become so commonplace for Steeler trolls to permeate Ravens boards that people actually DEFEND their statements because of said common behavior.
    We welcome opposing team fans here, Steeler fans included, as long as they keep the debate smart, don't troll and confine their smack talk to the appropriate forum.

If you're looking for mind numbing rah rah stuff where they beat up on every non Raven member, there's always the Sunspot.

Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    We welcome opposing team fans here, Steeler fans included, as long as they keep the debate smart, don't troll and confine their smack talk to the appropriate forum.
    Thank you for injecting a little perspective and sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Steeler fan + wall of text = not reading.

There may be some good stuff somewhere inside that ginormous paragraph but I really can't be bothered to look.

Sorry.
    +1
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rla20cpa View Post
    No real chance of that.
    Don't speak for all of us please.

Regardless of what many want to think, Pittsburgh and Baltimore have a lot of parallels in demographic and culture. Regarding the team, there have been a lot of parallels there too. Both teams' success (since the mid 90's) have been predicated on strong defense, strong defensive personalities, and hard-nosed ground games.

I think Mike Tomlin is a hell of a coach and I think Dick LeBeau is one of the greatest defensive coordinators of all time. Even with a rash of injuries and players who are on the verge of retirement, the Steelers still managed to produce a hell of a defense.

I don't particularly care for Ben Roethlisberger. Having nothing to do with his alleged (probable) sexual misconduct, I have a lot of friends who have worked as bartenders/waitresses in Pittsburgh and they've told me lots of stories where he has left waitresses hanging for a couple-hundred-dollar bar tabs, he's treated staff poorly, and has just been a general asshat. Baltimore has a few of those too though...namely Michael Phelps. That said, on the field, Roethlisberger has been one of the top QB's in the league for a while. No one is able to make things happen after the play breaks down like he has been able to over the years.

Ravens fans or Steelers fans...if you're a fan of football, then at the end of the day you have to give a nod to both franchises.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    A pig just flew by my window...lol.
    Was he paying his Geico bill with his smartphone?

Blog Entries

I do want to speak a bit to the Patriots and Brady hate...

It's kind of interesting to see the difference in opinions between Manning and Brady. Two of the greatest QBs to play the game, but I think that generally, Manning is viewed as a good guy and Brady is viewed in a negative light...Example, Manning waiting around in the locker room to talk to Ray Lewis earned him LOTS of "class act" praise. Would Brady get the same? Probably not as much...

Anyone want to chime in with why Manning gets the praise and Brady gets the boos? Is it because Brady has won more and thus is seen as more arrogant? Is it Brady putting himself squarely in the public eye, with dating supermodels and such, vs Manning is is much more low-key?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

If you're looking for mind numbing rah rah stuff where they beat up on every non Raven member, there's always the Sunspot.
    Uh, yea I know that. Gee thanks for the recommendation to go to the worst board in the history of the world, Sunspot. I'm not looking to 'beat up' anybody and I apologized for coming off as argumentative. I also don't think my original post nor any other post suggests that I might be a member of Team Sunspot. Haha, is it funny that I found your post more ire inducing than that of the original poster's?

Also, would you call the original post one that included 'smart debate', non-trollish and confining the smack talk contained in it in the appropriate forum? I didn't realize we were in the Smackatorium. :P

Quote Originally Posted by rla20cpa View Post
    No real chance of that.
    Eh, I hate the Steelers and root against them continually but I do respect what the organization does, which is just keep fielding a competitive team year after year. And in the case of Roethlisberger and Brady it's quite obvious one takes a beating and the other is protected by the refs.

I don't root for the Steelers ever. I rooted against them playing AZ and GB and might even if the face the Patriots in the playoffs* but I still respect the organization.

*In the regular season (or even in the playoffs if we were in) I would root for either depending on what helped our playoff chances and seeding the most.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

It's kind of interesting to see the difference in opinions between Manning and Brady. Two of the greatest QBs to play the game, but I think that generally, Manning is viewed as a good guy and Brady is viewed in a negative light...Example, Manning waiting around in the locker room to talk to Ray Lewis earned him LOTS of "class act" praise. Would Brady get the same? Probably not as much...

Anyone want to chime in with why Manning gets the praise and Brady gets the boos? Is it because Brady has won more and thus is seen as more arrogant? Is it Brady putting himself squarely in the public eye, with dating supermodels and such, vs Manning is is much more low-key?
    I've dogged Brady in the past of some of the ref baiting, but outside of that I see nothing to legitimately gripe about. For the most part, any additional 'hate' that he gets relative to Manning is probably just jealousy. He has 3 SB wins. Manning only has 1. Also, he married a supermodel. :)

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

That dick Manning won me over as a fan when he did SNL. He was funny and likeable and I wanted to hate him since he played in our colors and uniform in that bastard city.

I don't know how Brady would handle a playoff loss like that, he hasn't had the practice Manning has. Maybe we can help with that this Sunday. Let's hope.

11. Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

Oh, wow. Ironic how I meant nothing in a malicious manner and yet it becomes twisted into that somehow. Perhaps a few of you didn't read all of it? Or perhaps the context went over your heads due to a run-on paragraph stemming from typing from my phone?
    Regardless, it had no malicious intent apart from a few humorous (and yes, even sarcastic) jabs. I did not, however, know Cundiff was no longer with the team as one of the initial responding posters politely pointed out. I've unfortunately had extremely little time to follow much happenings around the NFL as much as I have in the past. I hadn't meant to offend anyone, but I am somewhat amused at the few who can't accept a sincere gesture of support and not assume some secret agenda. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSean View Post
    Oh, wow. Ironic how I meant nothing in a malicious manner and yet it becomes twisted into that somehow. Perhaps a few of you didn't read all of it? Or perhaps the context went over your heads due to a run-on paragraph stemming from typing from my phone?
    Regardless, it had no malicious intent apart from a few humorous (and yes, even sarcastic) jabs. I did not, however, know Cundiff was no longer with the team as one of the initial responding posters politely pointed out. I've unfortunately had extremely little time to follow much happenings around the NFL as much as I have in the past. I hadn't meant to offend anyone, but I am somewhat amused at the few who can't accept a sincere gesture of support and not assume some secret agenda. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
    I caught all the sarcasm in you're first post, but this... apology(?) seems to be more trolling if you ask me.