Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Pats fans are Broncos fans reincarnated

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    When one has no basis for an argument, one attacks.

The Patriots will fall on Sunday, and I don't believe the score will even be close.
    You might be right about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    Man, you don't know how appreciative I am whenever I see a Patriot game with Brady as our QB. It's not going to last forever and I know damn well he'll most likely be the best QB I'll have ever watched play for my team in my lifetime.
    The only reason I have a hard time believing Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever, was the season I drafted Tom Brady in my fantasy football team. He played one quarter and was knocked out of the season. Matt Cassel had more yards and wins then Brady the year before, which makes me think its more the Patriots O scheme that makes QBs look good. This is my opinion, and it is a team game so there is nothing wrong with that. The difference is, people get pissed at me for saying this, but its ok to shit on Flacco and everything he has done for the Ravens.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    The only reason I have a hard time believing Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever, was the season I drafted Tom Brady in my fantasy football team. He played one quarter and was knocked out of the season. Matt Cassel had more yards and wins then Brady the year before, which makes me think its more the Patriots O scheme that makes QBs look good. This is my opinion, and it is a team game so there is nothing wrong with that. The difference is, people get pissed at me for saying this, but its ok to shit on Flacco and everything he has done for the Ravens.
    Which year did Cassel have more yards and wins compared to Brady? I'm sure it's not the 07 Patriots, the year before Cassell took over. Brady led them to 16-0 and broke all the passing records. So you're probably referring to the 06 year then. Well, you have to compare who Brady was with on that year vs who Cassell played with in 08. Cassell was with Moss, Welker, and Stallworth. Brady in 06 played with Reche Caldwell as his #1 receiver. Brady did not get weapons until the year after. You can't really compare the two seasons. The better comparison is what Brady did to the same cast and crew Cassell had to work with when he started. And as I stated, Brady led them to a perfect season and breaking all those records meanwhile Cassell largely depended on our defense, a decent running game, and a really soft schedule.

You might be right about this one.
    I doubt either team gets blown, as these games are typically decided by a TD or less, but more often a FG. The Ravens are too good to get blown out at this point and so are the Patsies.

???
    2007 - Brady - 18 wins - 50TDs, 8INTs - 4806yds - 117.2 Rating

2008 - Cassel - 11 wins - 21TDs - 11 INTs - 2924yds - 89.4 rating

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post

Blog Entries

OH great, now we're going to have a stats argument...

Not from me. His post was just so wrong i couldn't help myself.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgater View Post
    ???
    2007 - Brady - 18 wins - 50TDs, 8INTs - 4806yds - 117.2 Rating

2008 - Cassel - 11 wins - 21TDs - 11 INTs - 2924yds - 89.4 rating
    I was wrong, but that was the year that an 11 win team missed the playoffs, luckily the 11 win Ravens made it that year. My point being is if Tom Brady was the greatest QB ever, Matt Cassel wouldn't have won double digit games that year. If Matt Cassel was that good of a backup, he would be doing better in Kansas City. It is the Patriots system and O line that makes QBs look so good, which isn't a bad thing. It is a team sport, but Tim Tebow would be a HOF QB in New England.

Which year did Cassel have more yards and wins compared to Brady? I'm sure it's not the 07 Patriots, the year before Cassell took over. Brady led them to 16-0 and broke all the passing records. So you're probably referring to the 06 year then. Well, you have to compare who Brady was with on that year vs who Cassell played with in 08. Cassell was with Moss, Welker, and Stallworth. Brady in 06 played with Reche Caldwell as his #1 receiver. Brady did not get weapons until the year after. You can't really compare the two seasons. The better comparison is what Brady did to the same cast and crew Cassell had to work with when he started. And as I stated, Brady led them to a perfect season and breaking all those records meanwhile Cassell largely depended on our defense, a decent running game, and a really soft schedule.
    You can't really compare the two QBs even with the same position players the next year. Tom would be coming back from an injury, so that would be one issue (in reality it wasn't). But the play calling would be different with an untested backup vs. a SB winning QB also. My point is more along the lines any QB would look good in the Patriots O, much like D players look great with the Ravens in the past only to look flat with most other teams.

Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback ever. Passed Joe Montana in career yards, and post season wins along with many other stats. Will eventually pass Montana in Superbowl wins too. Already has 5 superbowl appearances, with his 6th right around the corner.. Will make 6 in the last twelve years which is half. Add that to the 2007 season, when finally receiving weapons equal to those like Manning .. and 03, and 04 seasons winning those rings.. along with getting to the AFC Championship game with Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney in addition to carrying a team to the SB without a great defense and yes.... I believe he is the greatest ever.. just ask Ray Lewis and Darelle Revis who both admitted themselves in the top 100th player in the NFL video..

Let's see how Tom plays for another team before we call him GOAT. Look at Cassel with the Chiefs, let's look at Montana with the Chiefs. If Brady was to play for any other team, I doubt he would be in the HOF QB conversation. Would Bret Favre be as good as he was if he stayed in Atlanta, would Matt Shaub be as good if he stayed Vick's backup one more year?.

This is my opinion, thats all. All opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and they all stink.

12. Re: Pats fans are Broncos fans reincarnated

The Patriots passing system relies heavily on option routes, where the receivers on any given pass play have the option of adjusting and running up to 3 different routes. It's the Erhardt-Perkins system.
    This means both the QB and the receivers have to be great at reading defenses and both have to come to the same conclusion about which route to run or the QB and receiver will not be on the same page consistently enough which will lead to incompletions and interceptions.
    Brady has had a historically high comp % + low INT for several years now.
    This is because of how smart both he and his receivers are at reading defenses; how in synch they are with their reads. And since the Pats rely heavily on short passes, Brady has to be pinpoint accurate to allow the receivers to catch the ball in stride and pick up YAC--with all those short passes Brady shouldn't have so many 300 yard+ games and 4500 yard+ seasons, but he does because he is that accurate.

Brady's strengths as a QB: making quick and correct reads + accuracy.
    Tebow's weaknesses as a QB: the above.

Brady is a perfect fit for the Erhardt-Perkins; it's a fallacy to believe that any QB, especially Tebow of all people, could have similar success in that system.

We beat the Patriots, but not by beating Brady.
    We barely got any pressure on him.
    What we did is beat their receivers.
    Up.

(beat up their RBs too, lol)

And once Talib went down, his replacement couldn't press Boldin and he finally got "open" and that had a domino effect on the rest of their secondary. Until then our receivers struggled (once again) with the press.

Right now, THAT is our Achilles Heel: the press.
    We don't/can't use it on defense (even though you'd think that Cary and Jimmy would be decent at it given their size & strength).
    We don't/can't beat it on offense (against decent press corners anyway).

Torrey needs to watch film of Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, Joey Galloway, Derek Mason, etc. to see how they beat the press even though none of them were beasts (all 6 feet, 200 pounds like Torrey or smaller)