Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ridley Fumble - Proof

http://i.imgur.com/ePI1GKR.jpg

Show this picture to anyone who tells you that Ridley was down before he fumbles. At this point, Ridley is losing control of the ball and has not touched down at any point. Grabbed this myself from the footage.

Re: Ridley Fumble - Proof

I was really worried they'd overturn it given the one sided nature of the officiating to that point, but they got it right.

IMO, that might have been the play were the Ravens "won" the game. Seemed like after that, and the Ravens quick score, the Pats looked like they wanted nothing to do with the Ravens.

Pretty obvious fumble to me

Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    Pretty obvious fumble to me
    Tell that to the myriad pats fans I've been arguing with all night =P

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I was really worried they'd overturn it given the one sided nature of the officiating to that point, but they got it right.

IMO, that might have been the play were the Ravens "won" the game. Seemed like after that, and the Ravens quick score, the Pats looked like they wanted nothing to do with the Ravens.
    I was worried about the same I slowed the DVR down to frame by frame and I thought his leg/butt was down. Either way we got a break and scored a TD. Gotta love Pollard. Boston fans on National radio are going nuts

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Regardless, I hope Ridley is okay. From our vantage point watching the tube, it appeared that the hit was not so much Pollard trying to hurt Ridley as it seemed Ridley ducked his helmet down (unintentionally) and hit Pollard. Watching it in live action made me cringe and I knew there would be a consequence. Hopefully he doesn't suffer any serious harm.

Looks like he still has the ball to me.

http://postimage.org/image/brmt9zsv9/

Heres another frame. Hes still not down, and the ball is definitely not in his control.

Stevan Ridley (@StevanRidley) tweeted at 4:18 PM on Mon, Jan 21, 2013:
    @TorreySmithWR appreciate your prayers and concerns! Ya boy caught me.. can't lie lol, but good luck to you and the Ravens in the bowl!
    (https://twitter.com/StevanRidley/sta...92096885370880)

Glad he's okay
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Hmmmm....I'm just wondering how Ridley sent his text back in time....
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Hmmmm....I'm just wondering how Ridley sent his text back in time....
    Because I'm sat in London? :)
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

It was about as close as it gets. There is obviously judgment call to be made as to when he lost control of the ball. In both the images shown one could argue he was still holding it, though the second image the ball is away from his forearm (but still has the hand sort of capped on the end of the ball). But even a few frames further when the ball actually hits his leg, his other leg is bent like a hurdler but still not quite touching the ground, and neither is his ass. But it was an uber-close call. I wouldn't have been surprised in the least if they overturned it, in fact, I was expecting them to.