Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Patriots Fans put up Billboard Counting Days till Ray's Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The 5 that I work with at my company...........
    Tell them they're morons, because most of us know it is absolutely not a guarantee and think the final score will be within 7 points

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The betting line and everybody else says otherwise. Welcome to our world.
    I don't bet, but from what I understand the line has shit to do with odds, and is mostly meant to even out bets. the 9.5 point line is supposed to be there to entice people who actually watch football that know the Ravens will definitely lose by less than 9 points, if they lose at all

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    What Pats fans do you see thinking it'll be more than a touchdown game?
    I have a lot of family and friends up in boston. They are over-confident to say the least. And then, of course, there is that silly billboard.

I don't bet, but from what I understand the line has shit to do with odds, and is mostly meant to even out bets. the 9.5 point line is supposed to be there to entice people who actually watch football that know the Ravens will definitely lose by less than 9 points, if they lose at all
    Your missing my point. The perception is that the ravens should pack their bags and go home and not the other way around as you suggested.

Tell them they're morons, because most of us know it is absolutely not a guarantee and think the final score will be within 7 points
    I tried making a rational rebuttal while paying much respect to the Pats but it was an epic fail. Good to know you're one of the few Pats fans who recognize that this will be an epic battle.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I have a lot of family and friends up in boston. They are over-confident to say the least. And then, of course, there is that silly billboard.

And two billboards in Baltimore claiming the Ravens will win....

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    There is nothing wrong with Boldin predicting a win. I am glad he did. It's only bulliten board material to delusional fans who think this stuff matters. They are playing to go to the Super Bowl. That is a million times more motivation than any bill board or quote.
    Exactly, and more of my point is the people who think BA's tweets or this billboard's message will have ANY kind of impact on the game need to get real. I keep seeing shit about "You don't want to make the Patriots mad! Don't want to get them extra motivation!" as well as "You don't want to get Ray Lewis more fired up than he already is! Big mistake!" and the truth of it is NONE of that is going to help Hernandez catch balls, none of it is going to make Ngata shed blocks easier, none of it is going to make Ridley carry the ball better or Flacco throw the ball deeper. None of it matters, and it really annoys me when anyone on either side of the fanbase thinks it does. These are two GREAT playoff teams who will be playing with hearts of a champion, and it's a little insulting to say they need motivation to play their best this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    Did they show the one in the Baltimore?
    No,just a quick shot of the billboard.
    Welcome to the site,I don't spend much time over at Patsfans but I did like the "Ravens Game strategy/strengths/weaknesses " thread you guys have over there.

Blog Entries

Just curious, what do you guys think is more of a sign of an arrogant team:

The team's fans posting billboards

or

A player on a team saying "We're gonna win"
    Every player on the each team should say "We're gonna win" and believe it.

I like the billboard idea. It's very clever and funny

Thanks. I don't tend to go to other boards until playoff time and if the board seems decent. This place is better than the official Ravens site forum.

That is a refreshing football thread, they tend to be far and few between these days. With more people seemingly interested in the WWF type media driven drama.

Blog Entries
    It was on nfls official Instagram account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi