Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Chief's Former OC Brian Daboll Rejoining Pats

New poster here. I apologize if already posted, but I thought it was worth noting.

The Patriots are bringing back Brian Daboll, the Chief's offensive coordinator when they played us earlier in the year. Not sure if it will make a huge impact, however the Chiefs did move the ball on us in week 5 but failed to capitalize with touchdowns . The move is similar to what the Pats did last year with Josh McDaniels who also coached against us earlier in the season. That's the Patriot way I guess; get any possible advantage over the opponent you can. Any thoughts?

Blog Entries

Re: Chief's Former OC Brian Daboll Rejoining Pats

I was hoping the rule would be changed regarding teams hiring coaches during the season that coached for other teams but I guess the NFL doesnt think this is a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I was hoping the rule would be changed regarding teams hiring coaches during the season that coached for other teams but I guess the NFL doesnt think this is a big deal
    I shared similar hope... it is rather ridiculous to allow that to happen, especially for the championship game week.

Blog Entries

I'm guessing this is a move in case Josh McDaniels gets a HC opportunity, either this year or next year.

Eh, I don't think it's a big deal. Pats moved the ball against us in Week 3 too, it's not like Daboll has a secret playbook called "How to get to the Ravens Defense"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'm guessing this is a move in case Josh McDaniels gets a HC opportunity, either this year or next year.

Eh, I don't think it's a big deal. Pats moved the ball against us in Week 3 too, it's not like Daboll has a secret playbook called "How to get to the Ravens Defense"
    I don't really care about this much at all, either. The Chiefs did their damage with Jamaal Charles, and the Patriots will run on us with Ridley and Vereen. What is this guy going to to bring to the table that they don't already know? This game has all the makings of a shootout, and one or two critical turnovers or special teams plays will probably be the deciding factor.

Blog Entries

It's the principal of it that bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's the principal of it that bothers me.
    Special rules for Belicheck, didn't you know?

No special rules at all. And the Ravens could do the same if they so choose.

This is pretty meaningless, IMO.

Pats should of hired someone to coach their secondary on how to stop the Flacco to (Name one;Smith,Boldin,Jones, Pitta, Rice) connection.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No special rules at all. And the Ravens could do the same if they so choose.

This is pretty meaningless, IMO.
    i wouldnt say it is "pretty meaningless".

This is a bit akin to a former Senior Executive Service employee in the federal government that immediately joining a lobbyist firm on an active legislation that s/he is well familiar with or something to that effect. Obviously, this is recurring, but it does not sit well principal wise.

No weapon!

If the Ravens lose, it will not have anything to do with Brian Daboll, IMO.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...