Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: How we should attack the Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    We'll get our chances to go deep as we have all year. If you double up on Smith someone will get single coverage underneath. You can't double up on everyone with 11 players. What if we have Jones and Smith in, do we now draw 4 players to cover 2? In the Colts game Smith drew the safety into double coverage allowing Boldin to get isolated for big gains. I also expect to expose the linebackers in coverage. NFL network just showed when we played earlier in the year 2 linebackers trying to bracket Rice coming out of the backfield and they were too slow to contain him for a big game. It'll be a cat and mouse game on both sides. Like the Broncos game I expect to see some big plays and turnovers will have a huge impact on the game. Win the turnover battle will go a long way to winning the game.
    Having Jones in does create a dillema. You have to double Smith and I would bracket Jones and put Talib in Man on Boldin in that situation. I don't think you will see them bracketing Rice, I think they will have a speedy LB (Tracy White) spying him out of the backfield. Mayo is not slow, Hightower is big but solid in coverage. Spikes is the weak link in the LB coverage.

The middle of the field is where Flacco has to be good. I just don't think he can do it. It seems it is either all or nothing with Flacco. Meaning he either hits for the big play or you guys putter out. The drive charts over the past two weeks point to that, only 4 drives of 7 or more plays and of those four drives only one resulted in points (FG).

I think your LB's have a bigger problem in coverage, Ellerbee is a huge liability in coverage, Ray is far to slow to be affective in coverage. I know it might be no no to say that on here. But don't believe me go back and watch him the last two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    Pro Bowls don't mean anything, its a popularity contest. Second, he is a solid corner, but he doesn't have the speed to shut down fast receivers any longer, he gets by on wit at this point. In addition look at who they played for offenses during their winning streak? Not exactly murderers row of WR/QB combos, NO was impressive to a degree but they were hit or miss this year. Your team was struggling on offense and missing Dickson when they played you. Dalton wasn't playing all that great in the 2nd half of the season etc....

I'm not devaluaing him because of your game, he simply isn't the same guy and hasn't been for the better part of the last two years.
    Throughout this season, Champ has shut down several receivers who are, if you go by 40 times, faster than Torrey Smith, e.g. Mike Wallace, Darius Heyward-Bey, Travis Benjamin, Steve Smith, Vincent Jackson, etc.

Before our game there was nobody who, throughout the 16 game season, questioned whether or not Bailey was capable of shutting Torrey down. There's a reason the Broncos felt confident leaving him in man with no Safety help.

Also, if you focus on taking Boldin and Smith out, fine, but none of the linebackers can keep up Rice, Pitta or even Dickson.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Stop talking out of your ass

This season Bailey has been responsible for stopping the opposition’s top receiver, and has done so while leading the league in Yards per Coverage Snap, with 0.82. He has done especially well during the Past five games — teams have avoided him, throwing his way only 16 times, and Bailey allowed just half of them to be caught for 85 yards.

From pff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Out of my ass?

Last five games?

Impressive: Freeman, Palmer, Flacco, Weeden/Mcoy, and Quinn. That is your supporting argument?

Out of my ass?

Last five games?

Impressive: Freeman, Palmer, Flacco, Weeden/Mcoy, and Quinn. That is your supporting argument?
    Damn, when did QB's start running routes?

Having Jones in does create a dillema. You have to double Smith and I would bracket Jones and put Talib in Man on Boldin in that situation. I don't think you will see them bracketing Rice, I think they will have a speedy LB (Tracy White) spying him out of the backfield. Mayo is not slow, Hightower is big but solid in coverage. Spikes is the weak link in the LB coverage.

The middle of the field is where Flacco has to be good. I just don't think he can do it. It seems it is either all or nothing with Flacco. Meaning he either hits for the big play or you guys putter out. The drive charts over the past two weeks point to that, only 4 drives of 7 or more plays and of those four drives only one resulted in points (FG).

I think your LB's have a bigger problem in coverage, Ellerbee is a huge liability in coverage, Ray is far to slow to be affective in coverage. I know it might be no no to say that on here. But don't believe me go back and watch him the last two weeks.
    If Talib is covering Boldin, that means he's moving into the slot which is where Boldin plays the vast majority of the time in 3 receiver sets. I don't recall seeing him play slot that often, as I thought Kyle Arrington was your slot guy? As for your linebackers, I think we can attack them down the seams with Pitta, Boldin and Rice. We'll find out just how well they can cover.

Ellerbe is actually pretty fast and is decent in coverage, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Before our game there was nobody who, throughout the 16 game season, questioned whether or not Bailey was capable of shutting Torrey down. There's a reason the Broncos felt confident leaving him in man with no Safety help.

Also, if you focus on taking Boldin and Smith out, fine, but none of the linebackers can keep up Rice, Pitta or even Dickson.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    You have no reason to know this, but I had you guys beating the Broncos.

And your LB's can cover Welker, Hernandez, Woodhead, Ridley and Vereen? They couldn't cover Moreno and Stokely.

Pats season was full of wins against bad teams, though one bad team beat the pats early in the season. Playing the jets, dolphins and bills was a no brainer,but several games were close. Titans and jags was easy for the pats. Against postseason teams the pats lost to 49ers,Ravens, and seattle. Only winning teams the pats beat were the colts,broncos, and texans. At home has it's advantages.Texans imploded at end of season and colts were in a division that was average at best.Broncos had a soft schedule and beat the teams they should have.
    The Ravens play a tougher division, beat the broncos and colts like they should have. Playing in denver should have been a disaster for the Ravens, but they hung tough and won. Two teams, bengals and Ravens made life tough for the no 1 defense and kept those guys at home this year. Losing to houston and denver came at a time where the Ravens had a problem with back up players and coaching change. Tough year for the Ravens(injuries, coach change, and losing three games by 3 points or less), and dealing with a tough division.
    In summary, pats had to deal with teams that did not stand a chance against them, won big time against teams with losing records and is in a soft division. No pressure on pats because they were favored from the start. Ravens, meanwhile ,lost Suggs before the season, lost Webb and Ray Lewis during the season, played without key other players(Ellerbe, Yanda, Ngata, Smith, and other players), had a OC who couldn't use his offense properly, and still won the division. Yea, they weren't favored to, most had them missing the postseason. Flacco has evolved in the last 3 games that he played in, receivers are more in sync with Caldwell program, and the Oline has done wonders recently.
    I'll leyt the game be played and deal with whatever happens. Will the pats posters be back to discuss the game? We 'll see how it turns out to find that answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Damn, when did QB's start running routes?

Really? That is your response. You are funny. Haha! I see where this conversation is going to go.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    If Talib is covering Boldin, that means he's moving into the slot which is where Boldin plays the vast majority of the time in 3 receiver sets. I don't recall seeing him play slot that often, as I thought Kyle Arrington was your slot guy? As for your linebackers, I think we can attack them down the seams with Pitta, Boldin and Rice. We'll find out just how well they can cover.

Ellerbe is actually pretty fast and is decent in coverage, IMO.

You are right, Arrington is the slot guy. But having him one on one with Boldin doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.

Ellerbee was not good in coverage against the Broncos.

Blog Entries

And your LB's can cover Welker, Hernandez, Woodhead, Ridley and Vereen? They couldn't cover Moreno and Stokely.
    go back and look at last week's stats; no idea why you chose those players

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Covered moreno well enough,he left the game and didn't return. Stokley was covered well enough (interception against him in OT?).Ravens hit hard, maybe too hard, thats why the refs are quick with the flags. Ravens will hold their own against those guys. Remember Pollard, bet your receivers do, ask Gronk.Your armchair views are interesting, but the game has to be played on the field, not on the internet. Any gameday,something will go wrong or go right for a team to win. Hell, denver got 14 points on returns, well it helped out, but not enough to overcome the Ravens team desire to win.