Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freudin slip?

Blog Entries

Freudin slip?

This is the first time I've ever started a thread about a member of the sports media saying something about the Ravens but this one really stuck out.

Just now watching NFL network, Scott Hanson was talking about the Patriots not having Gronkowski and said:

"One thing we do know for sure is the Patriots are going to back to back super bowls and for the 2nd time in two years when the AFC title game clock hits zero they will not have Rob Gronkowski"

I really don't care about not getting respect from the media, but even if he just misspoke or had a little freudian slip, saying that puts Joe Namath's guarantee to shame.

Not a big deal, just a AFCCG eve observation I guess.

Re: Freudin slip?

I was expecting something about trains in tunnels, but okay.

Blog Entries

I don't know what that means, but I'm drinking so it's all good.

iggyman555 Guest

i believe scott hanson is a local guy, he started with csn

Blog Entries
    Not the first time I've seen slip and Joe Namath in the same sentence

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Freud - preoccupation with sex and dream analysis - Freud said that in dreams a train is usually a phallic symbol and that a train going through a tunnel represents intercourse. Freudian slips are often associated with sexual innuendo, hence...

My mind works in mysterious ways so please don't mind the clutter. Have another drink. I'm buying!

Weird Shit !!!

Blog Entries

The train in a tunnel thing was a Hitchcock thing. I believe the end of...North by Northwest?...it shows a couple who was just married settling down on a bed in their train car, then it just cuts to a shot of the train entering a tunnel, implying the usual act that accompanies being newly married and in a bed.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Remember that Papa Freud also famously said, Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

And Kipling (somewhat less famously) wrote, A woman is only a woman, but a good Cigar is a Smoke.

FWIW.

Alfred was using Sigmund's work. Freud predates him by 50 years or so. It's all good.

Keeping with the train theme, did I officially "derail" this thread and move it off topic?

Time for another drink.

Fuck 'em all I say, cuz we're winning tomorrow. Ray's got one last dance scheduled for player intro's at the Superdome in two weeks.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

if it means anything...two weeks ago, the night before the Colts game, I had "In the Air Tonight" and "Where the Streets Have No Name" in my running playlist mix.

Tonight...I started with Seven Nation Army, and along the home stretch, "In The Air Tonight" came on.

Got a good feeling about tomorrow...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!