Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So, has Caldwell earned the OC position?

John Fox was pretty conservative in Carolina as well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I do think Fox cost them the game. Manning threw the pick, but honestly, I think Manning with 30 seconds and 2 time outs could've gotten them close to FG range. Nevermind that actually...3rd and 7, I bet Manning picks it up, and we don't get the Jacoby TD. They were able to move the ball well on us pretty much all game. He didn't need to get in FG range, he needed maybe one more first down.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I do think Fox cost them the game. Manning threw the pick, but honestly, I think Manning with 30 seconds and 2 time outs could've gotten them close to FG range. Nevermind that actually...3rd and 7, I bet Manning picks it up, and we don't get the Jacoby TD. They were able to move the ball well on us pretty much all game. He didn't need to get in FG range, he needed maybe one more first down.

Ehhh...I think you could go either way on this one to be perfectly honest with you. They did have a top 3 defense. It isn't like they were trotting out a high school defense.

Honestly, I think that really killed them was they never seemed to be playing with a sense of urgency.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The criticism of Fox for being "too conservative" from both Broncos fans and the talking heads has been cracking me up. When Manning went there, the reporting was all about how he was bringing *his* offense to Denver. *He* is the "offensive coordinator." Manning, so we're told, is the smartest quarterback in the history of the game.

Yet, when the ONE quarterback we all know has complete freedom to do what he wants under center is handing the ball off in a playoff loss, it's the head coach's fault...

Yea, and the funny thing about that is we knocked MOreno out of the game at the top of the 2d half. Went out with a
    knee injury, so that killed their run game there and they still ran. We spot them a 2 TD lead and we still win it running
    Rice.

We all would be happy to see Caldwell get a HC job but it would suck for us liike when PAGs left. JOe has something
    like over 1200 yds and 9 TDs and 1 INT since Cald took over.

HARBs sure knows how to hire them.

I was in the game thread going nuts about Caldwell continuing to run-run-pass in the 3rd/4th quarter, and as I read some opinions on this and then heard the guys on 105.7 this morning, I started to move more towards the "that was a good idea" mindset.

Cam would have abandoned the run and gone pass-pass-pass with guys just running downfield. Rice wasn't getting big runs, but he was getting 2-3 yards. So then you are at 2nd and 7/8, and then 3rd 3/4. All of a sudden it's just a quick or short completion for a first down instead of 3rd and long.

Caldwell kept attacking, and kept Rice away from Von Miller and Dumerville. It was quiet, but Rice still had 130 yards on the day. How did that happen? Because Caldwell never deviated from the plan, and he put the offense in the position needed to make the plays required to win.

If there is a better option out there, ok you have to hire that person. But at least I am comfortable right now if that option isn't out there and Caldwell is the man for the job.

BTW, amazing how Cam Cameron is separated from yet another QB, and that QB almost instantly starts playing better. Hmmmmmmmm.

iggyman555 Guest

last year cam shit the bed in the first quarter against the pats, lets hope this year is different

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    John Fox was pretty conservative in Carolina as well.
    He didn't have Peyton Manning in Carolina. His QB wasn't calling the plays in Carolina.

The Broncos ran it a ton against us here in M&T- with success. They had less success in the cold air of Mile High against a healthier Ravens D. I'm not surprised Manning kept trying to run the ball, especially since he was affected by the weather.

Is there anyone who really thinks Manning couldn't have tried to run the offense at the end of the first half if he wanted to do so? Or ran passing plays whenever he wanted?

It's crazy to me that people are blaming Fox for making those decisions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I was in the game thread going nuts about Caldwell continuing to run-run-pass in the 3rd/4th quarter, and as I read some opinions on this and then heard the guys on 105.7 this morning, I started to move more towards the "that was a good idea" mindset.

Cam would have abandoned the run and gone pass-pass-pass with guys just running downfield. Rice wasn't getting big runs, but he was getting 2-3 yards. So then you are at 2nd and 7/8, and then 3rd 3/4. All of a sudden it's just a quick or short completion for a first down instead of 3rd and long.
    Even 3rd and 6 is better than 3rd and 10. I didn't have a problem with the pound it approach. I usually don't. I would have liked some playaction off of it, especially when he did finally dial up a 1st down pass when they got to midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    last year cam shit the bed in the first quarter against the pats, lets hope this year is different
    Not having Cam this time is our secret weapon....

Blog Entries

BTW, amazing how Cam Cameron is separated from yet another QB, and that QB almost instantly starts playing better. Hmmmmmmmm.
    The data is certainly pointing that way...quite interesting indeed. We shall see.

and the Jets are bringing in Cam for their OC interview...lol

All Sanchez can throw is slants and Cam is allergic to slants!

Blog Entries

Right?!

And how many guys on here flamed the shit out of us for pointing to Rivers and Brees as potential evidence for Cam holding QB's back...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    He didn't have Peyton Manning in Carolina. His QB wasn't calling the plays in Carolina.

The Broncos ran it a ton against us here in M&T- with success. They had less success in the cold air of Mile High against a healthier Ravens D. I'm not surprised Manning kept trying to run the ball, especially since he was affected by the weather.

Is there anyone who really thinks Manning couldn't have tried to run the offense at the end of the first half if he wanted to do so? Or ran passing plays whenever he wanted?

It's crazy to me that people are blaming Fox for making those decisions.
    ...so....me stating that Fox was pretty conservative in Carolina (which is true)...is me blaming Fox.

Ok?