Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Re: Manning - In starts with game time temp under 40 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    The Freezer Bowl. -37 Degrees with wind chill.

I can't believe anyone sat in the stands to watch that.
    That article also contained a link for the Ice Bowl at Lambeau Field in 1967. The temp was -15 degrees with a wind chill of -48 degrees. The refs whistle stuck to his lips and he had to rip it off which left him bleeding...which then froze to his mouth.

There is only one time in my life that I have felt that much cold. I was in northern Maine for a snowmobiling trip one year and the wind chill was -40 degrees on one particular day. It was SO COLD that your eyes teared up and your nose ran and instantly froze making it even more painful. You literally didn't feel like you could breathe because of the cold air and your lungs felt like they were being stabbed with every breath. I never want to experience feeling that cold again. It was seriously awful.

@billbarnwell: In 21-40º temps, Manning's numbers (64.7 comp%, 8.0 ypa, 23 TD/13 INT, 94.5 pass rating) are comparable with his typical road numbers.

@billbarnwell: Meanwhile, when Joe Flacco's played at 21-40 degrees, he's completed 54.4% of his passes (in 261 attempts). 61.4% otherwise.

Blog Entries

When Benard Pierce was drafted, we were told that he runs like Arian Foster and favors him in style. Some were hesitant to make such a comparison, but it is slowly playing itself out.

As for the game, I just don't know. A part of me thinks that if they come out with the same opening plan as last week, trying to pound the rock, Denver will be expecting it and pounce on it. Another part of me recognizes that the weather will be a concern.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When Benard Pierce was drafted, we were told that he runs like Arian Foster and favors him in style. Some were hesitant to make such a comparison, but it is slowly playing itself out.

As for the game, I just don't know. A part of me thinks that if they come out with the same opening plan as last week, trying to pound the rock, Denver will be expecting it and pounce on it. Another part of me recognizes that the weather will be a concern.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they keep it conservative again in the first half and then go deep, weather be damned. Similar to last week when we had 5 receivers with catches of 20yds+

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!