Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Joe Flacco Earns 60th Career Win: Most All Time In First Five Years of a QB's Career!

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    iggy, I get what he's saying. Everyone's goal is a Super Bowl, but that is also not the be-all-end-all of what makes a good or even great player. Dan Marino still stands as the big example of that. GREAT QB, HOF QB, never won a SB.

On the other hand look at Terry Bradshaw. SB winner, pro-bowler, HOF. Some of the worst stats of any QB I've ever seen. Career QB Rating of 70! For his career threw as many interceptions as touchdowns.

Trent Dilfer. Won a Super Bowl. Mostly a backup QB after Tampa Bay. Had a chance to start for Cleveland and lost that job too. Not a franchise QB.

Philip Rivers. He IS San Diego's franchise QB. 4 time Pro-bowler too. If you looked at his stats, you wonder how he has never won a Super Bowl, much less 3-4 in the playoffs. He is quite frankly a passing machine and every bit as good as Aaron Rodgers. But no one talks about him as elite anymore.

Eli Manning. To me, always a just-above-average QB. He's not NEARLY the QB his brother Peyton is. Yet has one more SB ring than Peyton. Which one is the better QB?

The point he was making I think was that the SB doesn't necessarily define the career of a QB. Too many other factors that can keep QB's from getting that ring.
    At the end of Joe Flaccos career. all the enduring records he accomplishes will make earlier elite QBs seem non-productive. When the stats people start comparing what he accomplished in his career ,they will be amazed at how people didn't realize his talent was awesome. When he wins the SB, hopefully some newer QB will feel the wrath of the know all talking heads.LOL

Re: Joe Flacco Earns 60th Career Win: Most All Time In First Five Years of a QB's Career!

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    This team has never been as stable as it has with Joe at QB.

Even in a down year for our defense, we still won the division and yet again won another home playoff game.

This year in particular should speak volumes for what Joe has contributed...we played a substantial part of the season without many of our top defensive starters, yet still are in line to get to the SB. That doesn't happen with just any QB.

To all the Flacco bashers:

If not Flacco, what's the alternative? You really want to start over with a new QB? Not me!

If Joe won the SB this year people would say it was because of our Defense.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN