Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Joe Flacco Earns 60th Career Win: Most All Time In First Five Years of a QB's Career!

This team has never been as stable as it has with Joe at QB.

Even in a down year for our defense, we still won the division and yet again won another home playoff game.

This year in particular should speak volumes for what Joe has contributed...we played a substantial part of the season without many of our top defensive starters, yet still are in line to get to the SB. That doesn't happen with just any QB.

Re: Joe Flacco Earns 60th Career Win: Most All Time In First Five Years of a QB's Career!

Hey Eeyore, this is an impressive stat. If you want to argue with Giants fans, go ahead, nobody is stopping you.

You made your point, you urinated in the cereal, now go argue with Steelers fans if that's what you like to do. If that's not what you like to do, then pat yourself on the back for peeing in our breakfast and get on with your day.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The reason is because so many are desperate to justify what Joe has done. They need to convince themselves about how good he is.
    That is, to put it bluntly, complete bullshit. I haven't seen ANYBODY write or speak as if they're trying to convince themselves how good he is. I have seen more than a few dismissive, football-IQ-challenged folks who babble in buzzwords like "deer in the headlights","Average Joe," and (lately) "inconsistent," and I've seen folks (including myself) challenge them on that.

He's not elite, whatever that means. I watched one of the acknowledged "elite" QB's in the league toss a perfect pass to Lardarius Webb last year in the AFCCG, and then put one out of reach of one of the league's most consistent receivers in the Super Bowl. While winning the first game doubtless helped to mute any criticism he might have faced for his performance in the AFCCG he, Brady acknowledged "sucked," the only criticism I've heard on the SB play is directed at Welker. It is, after all, his fault he's not the same height as Randy Moss.

Brady is a great QB. He's made some amazing plays throughout his career, and he's earned a layer of teflon when it comes to criticism. Flacco is a good QB. He's made some great plays in his career, and while it's certainly fair and reasonable to criticize him when warranted, the criticism of the Flacco Bashers isn't fair or reasonable. It's mostly just ignorant.

He doesn't stretch the field (when he had Mason, Boldin, Houshmanzadeh, and Heap as his four primary receivers). He dumps the ball off too quickly to Rice. He holds the ball too long. He has happy feet. He gets rattled to quick. He has no sense of urgency. He stands immobile in the pocket. He has no emotion. He isn't yelling at his teammates. He's not studying still shots of the game when the camera pans to him on the sideline. He throws too many deep passes. He doesn't check down to Rice enough.

And on and on and on...

And you honestly think this is going to change their minds? There are 2 ways that a quarterback earns respect. They either put up great stats, go to the Pro Bowl, win the MVP, etc.... or they win the Super Bowl. All the other feel good stuff doesn't change anything.

Philip Rivers has been to 4 Pro Bowls and has a career QB rating of 94.5 which is 5th best of any active player. So if a Chargers fan starts bringing up those awards and accomplishments is anyone going to decide that Rivers is a top QB? The guy suggesting that would sound pretty desperate
    The fuck does Brady or that crybaby Rivers have to do with this? You sound ridiculously stupid. Fix that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    That is, to put it bluntly, complete bullshit. I haven't seen ANYBODY write or speak as if they're trying to convince themselves how good he is. I have seen more than a few dismissive, football-IQ-challenged folks who babble in buzzwords like "deer in the headlights","Average Joe," and (lately) "inconsistent," and I've seen folks (including myself) challenge them on that.

He's not elite, whatever that means. I watched one of the acknowledged "elite" QB's in the league toss a perfect pass to Lardarius Webb last year in the AFCCG, and then put one out of reach of one of the league's most consistent receivers in the Super Bowl. While winning the first game doubtless helped to mute any criticism he might have faced for his performance in the AFCCG he, Brady acknowledged "sucked," the only criticism I've heard on the SB play is directed at Welker. It is, after all, his fault he's not the same height as Randy Moss.

Brady is a great QB. He's made some amazing plays throughout his career, and he's earned a layer of teflon when it comes to criticism. Flacco is a good QB. He's made some great plays in his career, and while it's certainly fair and reasonable to criticize him when warranted, the criticism of the Flacco Bashers isn't fair or reasonable. It's mostly just ignorant.

He doesn't stretch the field (when he had Mason, Boldin, Houshmanzadeh, and Heap as his four primary receivers). He dumps the ball off too quickly to Rice. He holds the ball too long. He has happy feet. He gets rattled to quick. He has no sense of urgency. He stands immobile in the pocket. He has no emotion. He isn't yelling at his teammates. He's not studying still shots of the game when the camera pans to him on the sideline. He throws too many deep passes. He doesn't check down to Rice enough.

And on and on and on...
    Just sticky this post

But, we'll all cheer Joe because Brady doesn't count based on how this feel good stat is counted. When you are looking are the real elite players you don't have to justify their greatness with bullshit stats slanted to make them look good. Joe Flacco is a good QB but winning this many games in that time frame does not put him up there with the greats. Go bring this up to a Pats, Steelers or Giants fan as a reason why Joe belongs with their QBs and prepare to get laughed out of the building.
    Note GOTA, that those 3 teams you mentioned have QBs that have won a Super Bowl. If Joe got a ring, would you then automatically say that that the 60 wins in his first 5 years is a valuable stat? If so, that is absolute crap, because you have QBs in the HoF without a ring who are highly regarded with their play and stats. (i.e. Dan Marino).
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

7. Re: Joe Flacco Earns 60th Career Win: Most All Time In First Five Years of a QB's Career!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yeah because Weis has shown to be such a genius
    You're right, Weis wasn't a genius.
    But you don't need to be a genius to be much better than Cam these last 2 seasons.

Under Weis, the Patriots passing AND running game was consistently top 10.
    Under Cam our passing game was always mediocre and our running game dropped into the 20s this season. With Rice, Pierce & Leach all healthy, that is inexcusable.
    Cam was OK his first 3 seasons here, but the last 2 were a disaster.

And you honestly think this is going to change their minds? There are 2 ways that a quarterback earns respect. They either put up great stats, go to the Pro Bowl, win the MVP, etc.... or they win the Super Bowl. All the other feel good stuff doesn't change anything.

Philip Rivers has been to 4 Pro Bowls and has a career QB rating of 94.5 which is 5th best of any active player. So if a Chargers fan starts bringing up those awards and accomplishments is anyone going to decide that Rivers is a top QB? The guy suggesting that would sound pretty desperate
    This thread was about Joe's accomplishments but you decided to hijack it and discount it by throwing around Tom Brady's name. I could care less what the national folks think but do pay attention to what our own fan base thinks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    This thread was about Joe's accomplishments but you decided to hijack it and discount it by throwing around Tom Brady's name. I could care less what the national folks think but do pay attention to what our own fan base thinks.
    So for our fanbase it's either Saint Joe or Joe sucks? There can't be anything else?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Just as he attempted to throw cold water on Joe, I could easily throw cold water on Brady's SB's. It is funny he hasn't won a SB since their dominant D and FG kicker went bye bye.

If Joe can't take credit for being a part of 60 wins...why should Brady get the credit for those SB's? His stats were nothing special in those days. If anything those SB's belong to the FG kicker and the defense.

This is what the local detractors and the media do right? Debase Flacco's contributions. Hell I just heard Jamie Duke's say Ray Lewis earned this 5 year playoff streak...not Flacco. It never ends. But yet Brady gets all the credit for those early SB's? What a double standard.

So for our fanbase it's either Saint Joe or Joe sucks? There can't be anything else?
    Don't put words in my mouth. You failed to understand the premise of response to your original post. It's all good though.

It's a nice milestone, Eeyore. Just because it's not a Super Bowl ring doesn't mean we should blow past it like it's worthless.

Are you finally finished crapping all over this significant accomplishment?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.